Sanctioned Fratricide - Minotaurs

Hey, sorry I haven't been updating regularly, been quite busy with work and uni so my progress has been pretty abysmal.

Also thanks for all the comments.:happy.:

Painted up a Rhino yesterday though, not quite finished with the wweathering and some details but I'm also thinking of painting the shallower armourt just behind the front of the track black.

gallery_14033_9600_508835.jpg

Also basecoated a 2nd Tactical Squad and a Vanguard Squad that I hope to post quite soon.

That bronze is great how did you achieve that? Also any progress on them?

Basecoat Warplock Bronze

Heavily Drybrush Brass Scorpion

Heravily Drybrush Runelord Brass

Lightly drybrush Runefang Steel

Wash with slightly thinned down Agrax Earhshade

Edge highlight Runefang Steel

Apply Nihilakh Oxide sparingly on armour joints.

• 9 months later...

Here's the army so far, also have a Vanguard squad mostly painted up.

Going down to my gaming club today to either finish off some of these guys or paint another Rhino.gallery_14033_9600_493972.jpg

Have mostly posted in the Badab War thread lately but I thought it better to revive my own painting log to avoid clogging it up with my pics and to get more feedback from you guys.

Still need some more markings on my Stormraven but I'm unsure what, maybe some upward pointing lambdas on the wings and some greek symbols on the large empty sides under the cockpit?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Primaris train has no brakes!

Split a First Strike box with the missus and bought myself a Librarian mostly to take a break from all the bronze. Hoping to get a small force of just Primaris Marines to learn 8th edition with, I think it would be fun to try out the new edition with just the new Space Marines, at least while I get to grips with the rules.

gallery_14033_9600_146623.jpeg

That bronze is probably the best I've seen the primaris figures look so far. Good job.

This. Plus the darker red compliments the gold perfectly. Love the robes and shade of blue on the Librarian Too :)

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you like them and to finally have found a scheme I can paint at a decent pace and to a standard I'm happy with.

Agree with the others, they look great.How do you get that bronze look?

Basecoat Warplock Bronze

Heavily Drybrush Brass Scorpion.

Heavily Drybrush Runelord Brass.

Lightly drybrush Runefang Steel, focusing mostly on the top of the backpack, shoulders and helmet.

Wash with slightly thinned down Agrax Earhshade.

Edge highlight Runefang Steel.

Apply Nihilakh Oxide sparingly on armour joints.

Archived