The Siege Makers

Got the Relic Predator finished in the last couple of days, which I enjoyed doing. I need to work on a couple of areas (blending, both modelling and painting) but overall I'm happy with the result. It made me think of other possibilities but these may be down the line yet. 

The Berzerkers and Spawn are also coming along, their basecoats are all down. The Zerkers will be rebased onto the Sector Imperialus sector bases, which I think look sweet: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Sector-Imperialis-32MM-Round-Bases

Infernal Relic Predator

Relic Predator left

Relic Predator right

Ulygoth Infernal Relic Predator with Plasma Destroyer, Lascannon Sponsons, Daemonic Possession and Maelstrom Raider Legacy of Ruin

The icy wind had reduced vision in the mortal realm. An assembled force of Siege Makers had engaged their targets, a daemonic horde under the command of Ulygoth, Ascendant Daemon Prince of the Formless Wastes. Once an Astartes of the Iron Warriors Legion, he had embraced the powers of the Warp and gained the favour of the deities. He hammered an army in his vision, striking at enemies both made of blood and unborn flesh. At one time, he fought the army of Barkesh the Destroyer. In this he had earned the wrath of the Khorne Herald. When word reached the mortal host of Barkesh upon the Cogs of Madness, Warsmith Helslash granted him a force to enact vengeance provided something was gained for the warband. 

As Barkesh strode forward, his senses of the host noted where his armour was rent, from hundreds of sharpened blows. Ahead of him Ulygoth sliced through a Siege Maker, the ancient armour mocked by a blade of unknown age. But this victory was fleeting - Barkesh had decimated his rival's horde, banishing them to the Warp with the use of his own horde alongside some of the best troops of the warband. Several younger Marines had been selected, and they were formed into quick striking units that worked alongside the mortal Nihilists. But there were some who followed the Blood God, who bore his symbol with pride and smeared with blood. They had been formed into a counter punch as Barkesh led his battering assault. The large cannons of the Nihilists had torn deep, leaving plenty of areas the advancing Astartes-daemon assault could impact. Forming a ring around there master, the Mutilators that made up Barkesh's Blades sliced through other Khorne daemons. It was against those of their own beloved patron that they felt truly greatful - a true foe who knew their bloodlust, strengths and weaknesses. But whoever won they knew they would be reunited with Khorne, and such made sure they fought harder lest they be made unworthy in his eyes. Such was the case as another larger mob of Bloodletters charged at the daemonically infused Astartes forms. It was then the comm-unit in Barkesh's armour beeped from two different sources, indicating that both Kryten and Captain Tunni were about to enter the fray. One with fresh troops, the other with a sought after prize.  

Captain Tunni led the counter attack, his large obsidian mace smashing in skulls. The Wings of Khorne, with their jump packs and lust for combat, had sown anarchy among the Tzeentchian Flamers, while the Bloodpups used their canine instincts to track prey in the form of the Dark Prince's children. The Iron Teeth formed Tunni's retinue, their experience on the field making them invaluable. Tunni was there not only as the focal point for the Siege Makers, he was also present to ensure Barkesh honoured his word to the Warsmith. 

"Once more then," grumbled the blue skinned Daemon Prince. "Will you let me keep your horn this time?" The slight at the Destroyer's previous encounter made his blood boil further, and the white armoured host leapt at the much larger foe. He knew Ulygoth's horde was all but gone, and it was but mere bravado, but he wanted to take the Prince down himself.

The foes locked blades, smashing into each other with inhuman strength that would jar a Marine's jaw. They traded blows with both blade and fist. More ceramite was ripped and chipped from Barkesh, but he responded by slicing his flesh sword deep into daemon flesh. While it felt good to fight the ancient rival, Barkesh doubled his attacks as he felt his foe trying to use his Warp powers to escape. That was when he signalled for his own counter attack, surprising even the assembling Siege Makers. 

The ancient hull of a corrupted Predator battle tank smashed into the Daemon Prince. At first time seemed to slow - the front facing spikes skewered through Ulygoth's knees, driving his legs down before they were ripped off. As he howled in pain, Barkesh sliced through his arms, leaving him at the mercy of the Blood God followers. 

"Captain Tunni," said Barkesh in his unnatural voice. "As one member of the Iron Council to another, I present both of my gifts for Warsmith Helslash. The Daemon Prince Ulygoth, and the ancient Predator Void Blade. However, the machine is badly damaged. I feel it would be better repaired on the Cogs of Madness. I can only take pride in finding it's location. It is Kryten you must thank for it's physical capture."

"And how do you intend to get the daemon back?" replied Tunni, his combat-grill twisted and blood splattered on it. "He only rematerialise after going back to the Ocean of Souls." Barkesh smiled. 

"Such small logic. Such small logic from a mortal." The grin widened, exposing teeth that no mortal head should contain. "Let us bind him to the hull. He will replace what is left of the Machine Spirit, and we will use him to spearhead attacks with his ability to traverse the Ether." The two Khorne champions turned to their defeated adversary, and as they summoned unholy strength, began to bash daemon flesh to the hull. The incantations fused the daemon to the ancient war machine.

When they finished, they stood back. They knew that any work would inflict pain on the daemon, but also that they had drastically reduced it's chance of escape. Not only had they defeated an old foe, but the Siege Makers now had command of an ancient Predator, complete with a sought after Plasma Destroyer.

Hope you liked it folks. C&C is always welcome.  

As I said on Gilgamesh, Brother, the conversion is great and you had a brilliant inspiration to use the Deamon Prince both on the prow and the sponsons.

The painting is simple but Iron Warriors are not reputed for their fancy tastes regarding markings or colour schemes.

Well done.

Celtic_Cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work!

I too like the incorporation of the daemon. Can we get some close-ups?

Indeed, I shall take some close ups once I finish work tomorrow (better light etc). 

However, I have been slacking in fluff for my new units aside from Ulygoth. The Zerkers will get fluff once they are rebased onto these:

Sector Imperialis bases

So I'll start with the Spawn and try and progress from there:

The Strain

The Strain - Spawn. He ain't pretty really, I know. He's made from leftover bits and leftover milliput. He doesn't actually have any history at this moment in time. Once he gets a game in I'll edit him in some fluff. 

IM-T1

IM-T1 - Spawn. The idea for this guy is he is an experiment with the Obliterator/Mutilator virus but on a human rather than an Astartes. He too shall get some fluff once game time is in :wink:

Jujus, Mercian's pet

Jujus - Spawn (and the only one who has actually graced the field in a small role)

Mercus had ended up on the world of Necromunda through sheer bad luck. He led a small team of Siege Makers through the lower parts of Hive Agur, thousands of kilometres from Hive Primus, so that he could prove his worth to Warsmith Helslash. The Hive was one of the more advanced in mining technology on the world but thanks to a dwindling population, most of it was derelict and abandoned. This allowed the Iron Warriors and Luna Wolf to move mainly undetected while they searched for the Warsmith's target - a cogitator located towards the bottom of the Underhive. It's original location was in the Upper Hive, but through several botched coups and several violent uprisings, its location was now much lower. But that didn't mean they were alone in the search for the cogitator, which contained information and access codes to local interstellar shipping routes.

"Arbites," said one of the Marines. "Moderate presence. Scans show two armoured vehicles as well. Riot suppression but can be used in limited combat and patrol uses."

"Targ, Sigen, with me and we flank from the left." Mercus saw the runes of the eight Marines around him as they all clicked their vox-channels to the Weeping Wolf's. "Carber, Hust, Jurgen, take the centre. Cut the right flank off. Diek, Liener, Maus, use your Heavy Bolter and Plasma Gun and cover us, Maus make sure no one gets close enough to them. If one falls, you take their place. Is everyone clear?" Each Iron Warrior icon turned blue, indicating they were compliant with their instructions. "Low vox-channel only. Now let us exterminate." The group of gene-enhanced warriors spread out into their sub-groups, their weapons readied to deal death. 

As they approached their target, their forms largely concealed by both the grim light, they saw the Arbites were engaged in another fight. Mutants, some large, others feeble, were clamouring over the broken industrial landscape to get to the trained Enforcers. Scores were cut down, and even by Mercus's lack of eyes he could sense the mutants were losing unsustainable numbers. 

The air was heated as a red ball from Liener streaked through the gloom. It hit the left hand side vehicle, ripping it it apart on contact. The actual explosion was minimal, though fire now claimed the inside. The Arbites turned on the Iron Warriors and returned the favour, though they had Grenade Launchers. Las-fire and Bolt shells whipped through the industrial battle zone, though the Siege Makers took a much greater toll with their marksmanship. Mercus sensed another unit from the Arbites moving in, but this wasn't an average unit by any means. As the presence got closer, he realised what it was. 

"OGRYN!" bellowed the Weeping Wolf. As he shouted it into the vox-channel, the massive hulking abhuman rounded their position. Carber was the first to feel the wrath, his armour cracking on the breastplate as the massive fist pounded it. 

"By the Dark Gods," called Diek. "How did they get an Ogryn in Arbites ranks?" 

Hust and Jurgen were pinned down as Carber was thrown aside, his legs broken in several places. The Ogryn looked at Mercus, then charged. Mercus swung his powerfist, but was a fraction too slow. He twisted through the air before landing face down. The abhuman kicked the Nurgle follower's midsection, then grabbed him by the throat and hefted him up. But as the two prepared to smash each other's faces, Mercus received aid from an unexpected side. 

A large rat that walked as a primate leapt and bit the Ogryn's hand, causing Mercus to be free. The rat-man continued to bite, but was thrown back by the abhuman's strength. It was then that the Weeping Wolf noticed a symbol on the ratman, and smiled. Clenching his energised gauntlet, he swung upwards, catching the abhuman's chin. In a shower of gore, it's head exploded, and the corpse slowly sank to one side. Around him, there was an eerie silence that had descended. Surveying, Mercus saw the Iron Warriors stood around, their weapons lowered. 

"Casualties?"

"None, my liege," Diek reported. "Carber is wounded, but he lives. What are your order?" Mercus looked from his men to the wounded rat-creature. Surely, he thought to himself, his patron had sent him aid. How could he abandon a gift such as this?

"We get what we came for," was the commander's reply. "Secure Carber, and this one...." he pointed at the ratman. "I want to look after my pet."

That's all for tonight folks. I'm tired and it's been a log week. C&C is always welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo I finally put the Berzerkers on their new bases, and I think they look good. They add a different sort of look to the model than I'm used to but it's all good. But I'm not rebasing the rest of my army (except maybe the Raptors but that's due to having 7 left on the sprue and having 7 Raptors) - just too much hassle for my lazy ass. But the bigger base size does look nice, no denying that. 

In addition, the Terminators of Vow 2 have had their extra bits sculpted and are now undercoated. Painting should commence in the next couple of days but I also have a couple of bits to sort out first as well. 

Berzerker Squad Iron Scar

Berzerker Squad Iron Scar 8 Berzerkers, 2 Plasma Pistols, Icon of Wrath, Veterans of the Long War, Champion has Power Fist and Plasma Pistol

A heavily confrontational unit of some of the more blood crazed warriors among the Siege Makers, the Iron Scar squad is a unique squad. Having traded the secrets of the Butcher's Nails with a World Eater warband, the medical and scientific parts of the Siege Makers and Cogs of Madness created their own brand that could be turned on and off at will, albeit if within range of their commander. They will, however, hunt and tear and destroy anything in their path once roused to anger, and wear a piece of largely ablative armour. But the surgery required to insert the Nails has created a unique bond among the Berzerkers. They follow a strict martial code and train together more rigorously than other elements of the Iron  Warriors warband. More than half of them were wiped out in actions against the Necrons on Austik Vien,and have had to recruit new members. Although these new members follow the martial code of the Iron Scars, their rage isn't as tempered. To this extent, their armour is slightly different. 

Berzerker with Rage Corona

The Berzerker on the left wears the standard ablative plate used for carrying out the heavy assaults, while the Berzerker on the right wears the Wrath Corona. This is a unique device shaped from the remains of fallen Astartes armour. It should be noted that it is often stated that it is taken from armour too badly damaged for repair, although in truth the Berzerkers who make it will take any armour scraps they can find, not caring for the resources that could go back into the warband. Those who have earned the right to wear the Wrath Corona always lead the assault, regardless of other criteria. In battle, the presence of several Coronas acts as a focal point and magnifies their wrath. 

Wrath Bearer Akus

The Icon carried by the unit is borne on the backpack of the Wrath Bearer, in this case Brother Akus. Their Wrath Corona is slightly different and represents the bones of the enemies who help make up the offerings to Khorne. So central to the unit is the Wrath Bearer, any skulls of enemy champions are placed on the Icon rather than on the Skull Champion. Akus is also the only member of the unit not to wear horns on his helmet, instead preferring the coned design of the Mk.VI. 

Champion Krane

Skull Champion Krane is a beast of an Astartes. Having been recruited into the Siege Makers in 309.M36, he has often had a longing to use the powers of the Warp to further the cause of the warband. He proved an able combatant over the years and rose to Chosen level. It was when the Siege Makers helped the Hooves of Angron World Eaters warband that he learned of the secrets of the Butcher's Nails, and gained their secrets from the Apothecaries. He passed this information onto the Siege Makers' own Apothecaries who analysed it. Krane then gathered the most bloodthirsty and melee adept Iron Warriors from the warband and volunteered all of them (himself included) for the new experimental procedure. It went well, but Krane has a passion for Khorne now, rather than just a lust for bloodshed. It has led to the unit being extremely tight knit and their success has made the Siege Makers think of adding more Berzerker units. However, none know how Krane developed the knowledge to create the Wrath Corona, and he keeps extremely tight lipped. It isn't general knowledge among the rest of the warband as to its function however, only those who follow Khorne and the Iron Circle. 

Thanks for reading guys. C&C is always welcome. 

• 3 months later...

Well, it's been a while. For those who don't know (and that is the vast majority) I've been busy moving house. I've downsized but still have the bulk of 40k stuff (most of terrain is in the mother in law's loft though, but I have enough for a pick up game when I want one  :) ). Speaking of pick up games, my brother Nick and I had a game the other night. He was off, I had a night off from both jobs, and I wanted to christen the new place with a game of 40k.

We agreed beforehand to ignore the FOC, and just play a fun game with whatever models we wanted. His forces consisted mostly of Fire Warriors, Crisis Suits, Hammerheads, Stealth Suits and a horrendous amount of Drones. He also wanted to try out his new Storm Surge, Piranhas and Riptide, as well as some experimental rules (one of his Hammerheads, I don't know the ins and out, I think it got Tank Hunter or something). My forces consisted of - 1 Sorceror with +2 MLs and a Heldrake with the Baleflamer. The rest of my forces were  -HQ: Helslash, Rualteth, Robersium, Baelis plus the unnamed Sorceror;Troops - squads Antath, Shail, Vornt and Novak; Heavy Support: The Dorn Breaker, Dark Corona, The Steel Beast and Death of Redemption; Fast Attack: Heldrake, X3 Spawn and Wings of Khorne; Elites: Terminator squad Rothga, Corvus Reapers and the Brothers Reborn (the Khorne Chosen squad who I did for the ETL this year, the one with all axes and meltaguns); Rhinos - Carpedium and Death Monger.  All named units can be found throughout this thread which is why I haven't repeated their wargear. 

So we arranged it, and we had a fairly large game (3770 - that was his entire collection yet I had plenty to spare :laugh.: ). He's Tau, but he's not a competitive player. We decided to place 4 objectives on the board, straight down the middle, with deployment being on the long edges. Cue deployment pictures of my side:

Left flank set up

Left centre set up

Right flank set up

Deployment of my forces that weren't in reserve from the left to right of the board. Squad Antath was in the ruins, with the Death of Redemption (with Robersium and the Brothers Reborn inside) behind it, the Dorn Breaker and Steel Beast were more in the centre and were facing off against the Storm Surge and Riptide (Rualteth was joined to the Wings of Khorne, who were deployed behind the Steel Beast, while Baelis was also net to both vehicles in case of repairs). On the right squad Vornt, unnamed Sorcror and the Corvus Reapers were behind cover, the Dark Corona was facing off against the Hammerheads, and the Carpedium was on the extreme right flank with squad Novak inside. We then rolled for Warlord traits (Helslash got Hatred, Tau commander got Move through Cover). In reserve were Helslash and the Terminators and the Heldrake.

The middle picture was actually taken after I won first turn and Nick failed to Seize the Initiative. The Death Monger had squad Shail inside. They grabbed the first objective with ease but stayed mounted in their Rhino. Most of the first turn was just positioning to grab objectives in the later game, as I knew I'd have to whittle his firepower down before I could feel even a bit safe. The Wings of Khorne and Spawn moved up, with the Spawn mainly screening the Raptors The Death of Redemption moved up the extreme left of the board, staying out of sight fro the Storm Surge. On the right, the foot slogging squads moved up, with Vornt moving into cover and the Carpedium moving up the extreme right of the board. My shooting phase consisted of the Steel Beast scattering its Battle Cannon onto the Fire Warriors in front of the Storm Surge and killing 6 (they passed their Ld test) and wounding a Crisis Suit. The Dorn Breaker managed to wound the Storm Surge, while the Dark Corona failed to hit the rival Hammerheads. The Wings of Khorne shot at and killed another 5 Fire Warriors (I know, right, go Wings!). 

Raptors move behind ruins

My brother moved his Piranhas up first, as well as his Path Finders, Stealth Teams and the remnants of the Fire Warriors. The Command Crisis squad moved up the middle, with the Kroot also moving up the centre. That was literally about it. His shooting phase is how one would expect a Tau shooting phase to go, but it didn't go as well as normal. The Storm Surge failed to wound the Steel Beast and only inflicted 1 casualty on squad Antath. Alas, the Death Monger was peeled open by a massive amount of firepower (literally most of that flank's firepower went into killing it, much to Nick's annoyance), killing 2 CSMs in the process. The Piranhas then killed 2 Raptors. The Hammerheads blew the left lascannon sponson from the Dark Corona and knocked another Hullpoint from it, reducing it to 1 HP by the end of their shooting. The Fire Warriors in the ruins beside the Storm Surge opened up on the Spawn, reducing 2 of them to 1 wound and one to 2 wounds. That was then his turn over. 
View of the Dark Corona against the Hammerheads:

Dark Corona line of fire

In my next turn the Heldrake showed up, moving up quickly to attempt to engage any squads. Squad Shail moved at full speed through cover to engage the Crisis Suits, while the Spawn and Wings of Khorne moved up to engage the Kroot. The DoR squared up to face the Storm Surge, and the Carpedium moved up closer to engage some Pathfinders, deploying squad Novak in the process after attempting to Tank Shock - the Pathfinders fell back with one attempting and failing a Death or Glory.

Carpedium drives up

Novak vs Path Finders

The shooting phase was much like the last except that the Battle Cannon splatted straight on the Riptide, inflicting 2 wounds. The Wings killed another 2 Kroot while the flamer from squad Novak killed 3 Pathfinders. The Dorn Breaker also managed to strip another 2 wounds from the Storm Surge (the amount of wounds that thing has, is horrible). The DoR did nothing this turn as it missed with all of its weapons. The Corvus Reapers shot at the Piranhas and took on down, while taking a HP off another, with Vornt running onto he nearest objective. The assault phase was the best - Shail charged the Crisis Suits, with the Spawn and Wings charging the Kroot.

Squad Shail vs Crisis suits

Raptors and Spawn vs Kroot

With no characters in the Crisis squad, Shail proceeded to hack one apart and wounding another, and removed the remaining Drones from the squad. In return, they failed to hit but passed their Ld test. The Raptor Champion challenged the Kroot Shaper and cleaved him in twain, resulting in his armour save increasing by 1 (ironic as the Shaper is required by the Kroot to get their armour save, oh Khorne you funny bunny). Rualteth channeled the Blood God and rolled a 6, taking him up to 12 attacks, which resulted in 7 dead Kroot. The Spawn and the rest of the Wings then butchered the avian mercenaries, and ran off in search of new targets (the Spawn ran into the Stealth Team, the Wings ran into the Fire Warriors in the ruins). 

The Tau responded by moving up a Devilfish towards Vornt and the Corvus Reapers, and the Pathfinders used their marker lights (:ohmy.:) to fire a number of missiles at the Heldrake - it was still soaring above the field, 1 HP left but still soaring. The Riptide also moved but only so it had a better shot at the DoR. The Piranhas shot at Vornt and killed 1. Antath suffered another casualty from the Storm Surge, but the Dorn Breaker was safe as any shots against it seemed to miss. The Hammerhads wiped the Dark Corona from the board. So the assault phase resumed, and the Spawn snipped and chewed the Stealth team, but lost a Spawn in the process. They then ran towards the lone Fire Warrior. The Raptor Champion challenged the Sas'ui/Sas'au/Khorne's next trophy and butchered him, giving his Plasma Pistol +1S. Rualteth rolled a 1 for his Axe of Blind Fury and took a wound. The rest of the Wings inflicted casualties but the Fire Warriors remained. Shail continued to kill another Crisis Suit, but the remaining one passed his Ld. 

Raptors and Spawn vs Fire Warriors

In my next turn, Helslash and the Terminators teleported in, without scattering (yes, I was lucky) and went in the only place they could - next to the Command Suits. The Heldrake moved up to engage the Fire Warriors in the Bastion, the DoR continued moving up in its steady pace, Antath leapt from the ruins and the captured the objective held earlier by Shail. The Corvus Reapers moved to engage the Piranhas while Novak's men circled around the Pathfinders. 

Helslash vs Command Crisis suits

Heldrake vs Fire Warriors on battlement

Spawn vs last Fire Warrior

The Heldrake burnt 7 Fire Warriors to a crisp, and the remainder actually failed their Ld test, running away as their comrades screamed to the Dark Gods. The DoR and Dorn Breaker killed the Riptide, their ancient weapons puncturing the Xeno's armour. The Pathfinders were wiped out in a storm of Bolter shells while the Corbus Reapers failed to dent the Piranhas. The Terminator squad and Warsmith also fired their combi-weapons, killing a Command Suit and wounding another but taking out most of the Drones. The Defiler fired it's Battle Cannon and penetrated one of the Hammerheads, blowing it apart. 

Defiler's new line of sight

In the assault phase Rualteth made up for last time by butchering the remaining Fire Warriors. In awe and glowing with the power of the Warp,  the Raptors headed over to attempt to reinforce the Terminators. The Spawn made light work of the lone Fire Warrior, and the monsters headed and engaged the Storm Surge (:laugh.:). Shail proceeded to kill the last Crisis suit and they too began to pursue the Wings in attempting to reinforce the Terminators. The Corvus Reapers used their skills and tore the open topped vehicles crews from the vehicles and beat them to death, but they were now out of range to help Vornt's squad as I would discover next turn.

Squad Shail move up

Raptors and Heldrake move to counter Command Crisis suits

In Nick's turn, there was little movement except for the Devilfish emptying its cargo of Fire Warriors with Pulse Carbines. They proceeded to wipe out Vornt's squad and the Sorceror, and they were close enough to claim the objective. The remaining Hammerhead combined with the Command Suits killed the Terminators. I won't lie, I wasn't happy at Helslash falling to Xeno shooting, but there we go. 

Corvus Reapers prepare to fight Fire Warriors

Spawn vs Storm Surge

The only assault shenanigans that happened were the Spawn vs the Storm Surge. The Spawn inflicted 3 more wounds while they received none in return. 

At this point, Nick had to go as he had something to do in the morning. He conceded and declared me the winner. A result I was happy to take. We packed up and said how we thoroughly enjoyed the game. I got Linebreaker, he got Slay the Warlord, but I had 2 objectives to his 1. 

I did learn a few lessons - mobility. I will happily swap out a squad to get more Rhinos on the board. I'll also keep the DoR in a more offensive role net time. 

C&C always welcome, and I enjoyed this game without doubt. 

Iron Within, Iron Without Brothers. Death to the False Emperor and to all Xenos:devil:

• 3 months later...

Ok guys my model collection is swelling and I aim to have a few points to add for the ETL this year. But I have a conundrum for you my fellow heretics.

I have purchased the Nemesis Dreadknight with full thoughts for a conversion project. I have a brief idea how it will look in my head but the end result is something I am stuck on. It is one of 2 options. Either 1: Daemon Prince conversion or 2: Decimator conversion. The idea I had a couple of years ago was for option 1, but I also love the idea of option 2. I have a lot of milliput to play with and my sculpting skills do need a bit of refining, but I am so pumped for the project. I just need to decide which one really. As you are aware, I am a fluff player which also leads to a couple of other ideas:

DP: lots of modelling, but I would have a DP model for use either as a list or Dark Apeothis rolls, plus more modelling options.

Decimator: again mmodelling required but fluff wise I think along a Talos from the DE in that a tortured being would fuel it hence the guy in the middle.

Aaking for ideas guys and thanks in advance for suggestions.

• 1 year later...

Helslash felt the power of the Warp melt away as reality wrapped itself around him once more. He knew everything had changed since the 13th Black Crusade. Guilliman was awake, the loyalist Astartes had developed new Primaris Marines, and the Cogs of Madness was barely standingsince the attack by the Blood Ravens. They had been repelled, but at great cost. Fortunately for him, the Siege Makers were largely intact, with a large portion of Kryten's Nihilists with him. The Iron Warriors warband had been on extended duties, lending their might to help push back Imperial forces from the Giathos Reach when they received the distress call from their base of operations. With victory all but achieved, they had returned home to destroy the Imperials. 

Now, with the Cogs of Madness free from Imperial taint, he smiled at the victories that were yet to come. 

BY THE DARK GODS!!!! How long has it been since I've updated anything in this thread? Its been a while, and much has changed. I have a new place, awesome new missus, and actually enjoying my job (and I'm getting more free time to myself which is a cheeky bonus). To make up, I shall add some fluff to units I uploaded into my album a while ago. So, I'll aim to do a unit or two to get me back in the swing of things. First up is my Slaanesh Lord Darenian, Defiler of Oblivian. I should add I'll only include the most basic of wargear as I haven't fully updated my army list into 8th Edition. 

Darenian, Defiler of Oblivion

Chaos Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Sigil of Corruption

Inducted into the Silver Skulls Chapter in 806.M39, Darenian showed extreme potential. Fluent in both sword and pistol, he soon climbed quickly through the ranks and before long he was a Sergeant. Adapting quickly, it was on the world of Sheas that he would become undone. 

The Silver Skulls were sent against the Host of Blooded Teeth, a Khorne warband hell bent on destroying all in their path. He led his squad into the urban areas, flushing out the enemy with flamer and cutting them down in a torrent of Bolter fire. As the Khornate forces were pushed back, they were caught up in the tide of barbaric killers. Instead of killing him and his men, they were taken captive and to be used as sacrifices to the Blood God. 

As Sergeant, he was responsible for those he was in charge of. Their welfare, duties on the field, delegation of tasks. But these were used against him. He was bound along with the rest of his men. One by one, they were sacrificed by draining their blood, then their flesh stripped from their bodies and consumed by the largest warriors of the warband. Their equipment was discarded to the side, tossed aside like children not knowing what they possessed. The hatred and contempt he felt was all that was needed to feel the call of the Prince of Pleasure. 

Resisting at first, when his second in command of the squad was sacrificed, he finally broke. Knowing he had to act quickly, and while the Khornate followers bathed in the blood of the adjudant, he managed to slip his binds. Noticing an ornate sword, clearly a relic but defiled to Chaos, he seized his chance. He moved quicker than he expected, taking out three before any of the blooded Astartes realised what was happening. But it was too late. Too late to save his comrades. Too late for the Khorne followers. Too late to resist the call of the Dark Prince. Too late to rejoin his chapter. 

Once all were dead, and Darenian recovered his armour, he set a new course. Free from the restraints of his chapter, but without any allies or help, he laid in a course for the Maelstrom. While there, he was approached by Antath, acting as an emmisary for the Siege Makers that had a small detachment docked for resupply at New Badab. It didn't take much to refashion his armour, removing all signs of Imperial allegiance. The sword, now renamed the Bloodslaker, served as a reminder of his self imposed duty. 

To protect humanity and those that wish to eradicate it. 

Comments and critique welcome guys. He was made by parts cobbled together, such as the Command Squad Company Champion's sword arm, Tactical Squad Sergeant's legs from a starter set (not Dark Vengeance, the one before it) etc. His robes are made from milliput, and I know it not exactly great, but they serve their purpose (to me) to hide the joins and butchery he suffered in his creation. 

Cheers guys, more coming soon. 

Hey Brother, you are still alive!! Good to see you back to Chaos!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Thanks Celtic. Its been a busy couple of years but I'm finally in a better place. And the Dark Gods and sons of Perturabo have helped see me through. I've been trying to get back into the hobby and my writing, so I thought there's no time like the present. 

Continuing with my fluff writing, I'll go with my my Sorceror next. 

Sorceror Skerius

Sorceror Skerius - Bolt Pistol, Force Sword

Time has often been a funny thing for those who dwell in the Warp. For some, it has been the full ten millenia since the Horus Heresy. For others it is but a couple of years ago. For Nathanial Skerius, it falls more to the latter when he followed his Legion into darkness. 

Initially, he began training as an Apothecary, showing excellent skill towards the wounded. However, he soon began to develop slight psychic potential, and was inducted into the Librarius. As well as developing the minor elements and divining Warp visions, he excelled in Telekinesis and Biomancy, helping augment forces on the field. As the Heresy ended and the Scourering began, he found he sought more esetorical means to achieve his goals. But the perils of the Warp are many, and Skerius was dragged by a malicious entity into a Warp whirlpool, throwing him into a temporal stream while his brothers escaped. 

When he had entered he was on the world of Dret, an industrial planet rich in mining colonies. When he re-emerged, he was on a world riddled with dead cities, hollow mountains and scavengers ruling petty criminal empires. Several tried to attack him, but he swatted them aside. Finding an ancient cogitator, he found he was no longer in the 31st Millenium, but the 41st. He was able to assimilate the data quickly, but knew he would have to find fellow brothers in exile to help him survive. He was able to get off world, but soon ran into a small Inquisition warrior band who chased after him. While he was able to fend them off for a short time, he was overpowered when they surrounded him. Using null-cuffs they arrested him and began to transport him back for interrogation. 

It was en-route that the ship was boarded and taken by the Siege Makers. Led by Captain Tunni and Sorceror Robersium, the forces of the Iron Warrior heavy detachment slaughtered all in their path. While their original goal had been to take the ship and repurpose it, the revelation that they now had a virtually untainted psyker Astartes in their midst was too great to surpass. 

Even Helslash was amazed at the appearance of the Sorceror. Barring some minor Warp influence, Skerius was virtually indistinguishable form many other Astartes of the Imperium. It is for this reason he is often used in far reaching forces, where he can blend in among Imperial forces if necessary. In exchange, he has the protection he sought when he reappeared. 

Many thanks for reading folks. See ya next time. 

Archived