The Dolourus Crusade.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. furious.gif

I can still use the Stormlord though? huh.png

What tome do I require for that then? huh.png

I believe you can. Though Escalation is contradicting itself on this matter. It states that Imperial armies from more than one codex, can take any Imperial Lord of War. Then, on the IG section where the Stormlord is listed, it states that the IG Lords of War may only be taken if your primary detachment is Imperial guard.

I think you're fine as long as you paint as an IG vehicle, seeing it's an IG vehicle? I mean then your army is coming from multiple codices? Or maybe you're "required" to get some IG allies? I don't know entirely, like I said the raw is a bit contradictionary. And this is before we even take "unbound vs force chart" into account, as Escalation predates 7th. With that in mind, I'm inclined to say that you can take it, no restrictions, at the very least if you're playing unbound.

Anyway, this is just my feeble attempt at deciphering the RAW, if you were my opponent, I'd let you grab it no questions asked.

Hmm, I got the Stormlord during 6th, it's the reason I was going to get Steel Legion and Yarrick. (HQ, 2 x Troops, LoW, legal army)

I thought Planet Strike and Escalation were getting rolled into the 7th Rule Book?

Not exactly. 7th does include the rules for garguantan creatures and super heavy vehicles, but doesn't really replace Escalation. In the army making section It lists that additional detachments may come with restrictions for units within it, and a Lord of War is it's own detachment per Escalation.... This does suggest, you'd need a primary detachment of IG to use it, as noted in Escalation to use the stormlord, or "an army from multiple codices" ?... honestly its a bit of a mess. I fear that by trying to get to bottom of the raw, I've only manage to confuse myself.

Doesn't Honda use a Stormlord as well?

Just caught this discussion. The reason we are allowed to use the "Stormsword" (what I built) is some rule in the aforementioned IA2 that allows relics. Now, I don't know if all Baneblade chassis qualify, but the Stormsword does and therefore counts as a Lords of War.

Since you guys have the book, are you able to confirm my assumption? Captain Semper was my source.

Brother Honda, as soon as my IA2 Book arrives, tomorrow I hope, I will be inwardly digesting as much info as possible. tongue.png

I will look to the answer you seek. Cuz I need it too. msn-wink.gif

Please, oh please let the Stormlord be a Relic and please, please, please let Brother Honda be right. ( praying to the Emperor )

Predator executioner is in the book. They're all deimos pattern predators.

EDIT: Am reffering to second edition, first edition predates the executioner by quite a bit

Yes, I got the first edition, while it is an awsome tome, it does pre date the equipment I wish to use. wallbash.gif

Brothers!

I request some advive. I beleive a Relic Blade should be larger than life, it should look suitably epic. Is there too big? My 4 blade mace with the Templar cross applied in 1mm plasticard seems too big when attached to a torso. I may have to remove the plasticard and just paint on the cross.

Excuse the pic.

It does look a bit too big in that picture, maybe you should try to build the whole model, even only blue-tack or dry fit to see if changes the perspective. If all else fails, you could always try to make it two handed.

In the end looks like will be fun to have a weapon bigger than what daemon princes use and bash them with it, you know, for Zeal.

Actually, I like CB's idea of a two handed weapon. You might try that first. If that doesn't look like it will dance, then save the mace head for termie armor and then work up another...with haste though. :)

Brothers, once again, you steer me on the path of Righteous Zeal.

My 2 handed Relic Blade, is fantastic, So much better than the Mace it used to be.

It is now a RELIC, a Statement, a weapon worthy of my Marshall.

Behold, the 'Templar Blade'. Relic of the Dolourus Crusade.

Obviously it will look better when painted. biggrin.png

I like that! Liked the other one as well, so i hope is still going to be a thing.

Big bad weapons for everyone!

Yep, i'm still sad because i was hoping for eviscerators or heavy chainswords in the army..... but these are worthy replacements.

Keep crusading Brother!

I too feel that Space Marines were let down on chainswords, a many toothed, motorised weapon of death with the same stats as a combat knife?

Heavy chainswords would be awsome, oh yes, but we can model any kind of Power Weapon we like, there are broad catagories, just pick one and model a Big Bad censored.gif Weapon.

If mine was not the Relic Blade, it would just be a Power Axe ( of Templar driven Death ), but still a Power Weapon for 15 points. biggrin.png

The Head of the 'Templar Blade' is the same size. It's just the handle that changed, It grew in length to balance out the 4 bladed head.

Brothers after checking the rules, I can not allow my Marshall to wield the weapons I want him to.

He can not wield a Relic Blade and The Shield Eternal. A Relic Blade is a 2 handed weapon. So, a change was required.

He now wields the 'Templar Blade' (a Power Axe) and The Shield Eternal. With Articifer Armour that makes him just over 200 pts.

His listing gives him a Chainswrord and Bolt Pistol, I swapped the Chain sword for a Power Weapon, but the Shield Eternal is an extra, does that mean he still has his Bolt Pistol?

Hmmm, should I make it a counts as a Thunder Hammer? He has got 2+, 3++. And the rules seem more in keeping with the huge 4 bladed Mace.

Hmmm, should I make it a counts as a Thunder Hammer? He has got 2+, 3++. And the rules seem more in keeping with the huge 4 bladed Mace.

Absolutely. SE + TH = Your enemy's worst nightmare

After some of the more patient brothers convinced me of the value of SE, I have taken it and never looked back. That plus the TH turns your Marshal into a monster. I never leave home without him.

Your opponents will grow to hate him. Let their hate fuel your ZEAL!

It does seem a little expensive.

Eternal Warrior - Oh yes please

Adamantium Will - Oh, got that.

3++ - Oh yes please.

Not bad, but we can get 3++ for only 15 pts. Is E.W. worth 35 pts. Hang on, thats less than 10 pts per wound on a Marshall, and with him packing 5 x St 10, AP 2 attacks on the charge, that's almost unstoppable, with mine being backed up by Grimaldus, or one of his Chaplain Brothers, that makes him a MC killing machine. Holy censored.gif. I am so going with S.E. and T.H.

FEAR MY MARSHALL TRAITORUS SCUM!!! woot.gif

Archived