The Dolourus Crusade.

"Brother Marshall!" MotF Canemich bowed.

"Speak Brother Canemich, What have you discovered?"

"Following our successful emergence from the Warp Storm, I have run a full diagnostic of the ship systems and have communed with the vessels Machine Spirit. The augers are now working at full capacity. During the test the vessel tracked and recorded two images."

"Images of what?" asked Marshall Dolourus, his interest piqued.

"What and who Lord.  I think you should see for yourself."

"So, the renowned Commissar Yarrick is organising the retreat, and he has a Stormlord. Interesting. Why is he here?" the Marshall thought out loud.

Any thoughts on using fibre?

Thin dental floss is thinner (for scale), so less likely to look like a leg warmer on a stick. You may need to get creative when it comes to the ends, but that should give you the look you are after.

Thin dental floss is thinner (for scale), so less likely to look like a leg warmer on a stick. You may need to get creative when it comes to the ends, but that should give you the look you are after.

Mine is flat, dental tape, should look like leather strap when I have finished. Great idea, thanks Honda.

Mine is flat, dental tape, should look like leather strap when I have finished. Great idea, thanks Honda.

If you wrap the haft of the serrated mace/axe with the dental tape I would suggest putting a little dab of glue on one end to secure to either the top or the bottom of the haft, whichever end you want to start at and then winding it around until you're happy with the placement of the dental tap and then using another drop of super glue to secure the other end to the haft. I wouldn't try to use knots because I think the size of the knot wouldn't look the proper scale although if you have really nimble fingers or use tweezers maybe you could make it look right. Also, I've found that using the end of a toothpick to hold a little drop of glue and apply to the small fiddly bits and hard to reach places works well. It reduces the amount of foul language and bits of plastic inadvertently glued to my fingers.

If you wrap the haft of the serrated mace/axe with the dental tape I would suggest putting a little dab of glue on one end to secure to either the top or the bottom of the haft, whichever end you want to start at and then winding it around until you're happy with the placement of the dental tap and then using another drop of super glue to secure the other end to the haft. I wouldn't try to use knots because I think the size of the knot wouldn't look the proper scale although if you have really nimble fingers or use tweezers maybe you could make it look right. Also, I've found that using the end of a toothpick to hold a little drop of glue and apply to the small fiddly bits and hard to reach places works well. It reduces the amount of foul language and bits of plastic inadvertently glued to my fingers.

Excellent suggestions! I've probably glued half a land raider to my fingers over my hobby career. I have started using tweezers of late. :)

Excellent ideas Brothers, I think I will go with the dental tape, I will wash it first, let it dry a little, then super glue one end and wrap it around. I will add drops of super glue all the way down to stop it coming undone. I think painted a dull brown, then apply a wash, and a highlight dry brush of a lighter brown should look okay.

Thin dental floss is thinner (for scale), so less likely to look like a leg warmer on a stick.

Also, your weapon will always be minty-fresh! All the better for banishing the foul scent of witchcraft.

"My Lord Dolourus, there is an incoming transmission. Re-routing it to the Command Throne." intoned one of the unthinking servitors that manned the bridge of His glorious warship 'Lucern Imperator'.

"So", thought Marshal Dolourus, "The good Commissar has deemed it worthwhile to inform us of his presence."

He looked at the screen of the Command Throne, waiting for the message to scroll up. When it did, an ice cold feeling wormed its way into his gut.

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++

+++ TIGHT BEAM DELIVERY +++

+++ ENCRYPTION LEVEL : VERMILLION ALPHA GAMMA +++

"Tight Beam, makes sense, but why the encryption, why Vermillion level?" Mused Dolorus. " Coms!" He demanded suddenley, " Where did this message originate? The planet?"

" No, Lord Dolourus, the message originates from the vessel "His Unwavering Light", exactly five hundred and sixty thousand kilometers from our stern." reported the servitor, showing no emotion at the confusion in the Marshals voice.

Marshal Dolourus returned his eyes to the screen.

+++ MARSHALL DOLOURUS, BLACK TEMPLARS, HIS ADEPTUS ASTARTES +++

+++ I AM INQUISITOR JAROLD OF THE ORDO MALLEUS +++

+++ I WILL BE IN SYSTEM WITHIN THE HOUR. I REQUEST A MEETING OF MINDS +++

+++ TRANSMISSION ENDS +++

Marshall Dolourus reclined in his Command Throne, "So, the plot thickens, first, the mighty Commissar, now a member of His Holy Inquisition. What awaits us on this planet?" thought Dolourus to himself.

"Command Staff to the bridge." he demanded, "We have a guest to prepare for."

Quietly and without emotion, the servitor at the communication station sent the order to the Command Staff.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 'Jarold'

I'm stealing your executioner turret as well. Nice job!

On the dental floss -- just make sure it's not the waxed kind. Might have difficulty getting primer to stick.

~K

I'm stealing your executioner turret as well. Nice job!

On the dental floss -- just make sure it's not the waxed kind. Might have difficulty getting primer to stick.

~K

Thank you Brother, steal away, it is quite a simple conversion, a bit of cutting and filing, job done. biggrin.png

@ Snorri - Thanks Brother, it's an old backpack I had from Anvil Industries, I thought it looked better than the standard Mk V, VI and VII backpacks. And as for the Inquisitor, he will have friends I will pull out for Deamons only, normal witches will get burnt as standard.

I am in the "dig it" camp. I think that looks pretty sweet.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing better than twin linked assault cannons, is twin linked assault cannons with crosses. :)

The Inquisitor strode down the embarkation ramp of the Storm Raven, he seemed unimpressd at the ranks of Black Templars arranged in perfect lines to greet him.

Marshall Dolourus cast his eyes over the Inquisitors transport, he was unimpressed at the Inquisitorial markings but what piqued his interest was the silver colour and the way the edges shone a shimmering blue. He cast his mind back, aware that he had seen the coloration before.

Grey Knights.

"Marshall Dolourus." the Inquisitor stated.

Dolourus had noticed the Inquisitor was wearing full Tactical Dreadnought Armour and was more than slightly impressed. It took years of training for an Astartes to master the ancient suits of armour, for an un augmented human to wear the armour, was indeed impressive.

"Inquisitor Jarold. Welcome to the 'Lucern Imperator'."

"Thank you Marshall, I will not keep you, I am aware of your mission concerning the Necrontyr, but I must request ignore the machines and join my forces."

Marshall Dolourus creased his heavy brow. "Inquisitor, my orders come from the High Marshall himself. No orders, not even Inquisitorial orders will sway me from my Crusade. If you are here to demand the forces of the Black..."

"Marshall." the Inquisitor interupted.

Dolourus' fists clenched involountarily, his hearts sped up, his body dumped adrenalin into his blood stream, anger flashed across his face.

"I would not be as... un thinking as to demand from His most zealous and righteous Black Templars. I would simply request you aid me in a fight that will ultimately save this sector."

As Marshall Dolourus calmed himself, he looked to his left, Chaplain Grimaldus had not removed his helm, as was customary. The Chaplain was facing him, he nodded imperceptibly, Dolourus turned back to the Inquisitor.

"You travel in a Grey Knight transport, Inquisitor, do you keep the company of..........Witches?" he spat the words, feeling his gorge rise as he said it.

"As I said, Marshal Dolourus," the Inquisitor answered, "I have requested your aid. Would I not be foolish to earn your assistance to then risk squandering it by allying you with that which you despise? No Templar, I do not consort with.....Witches."

"Inquisitor?" a voice questioned, it was a commanding voice, a voice to follow, to obey. Even the Inquisitor felt it, the power, the conviction, the authority. " Under what threat do you come to sequester the aid of the Black Templars?" asked High Chaplain Grimaldus.

"The threat of Incursion, Master Grimaldus." the Inquisitor answered, annoyed with himself that he had shown the slightest sign of reverence to the Hero of Helsreach. " The threat of the Deamonic."

Archived