ETL: Crusade of ZEAL - The Templars Now Stand Alone

Acebaur

Although the formal enrollment period has closed, Captain Semper does have a category for allowing you to participate, though your points vowed will not count towards the BT total. You can also just commit to your brothers that you will undertake a personal vow to complete ______________ by August 1st and run in parallel with your brothers.

I think the dice you may be referring to come from Chessex.

Cheers,

Brother Zyth23 was looking into organising a cheaper bulk order for the maltese-cross-with-skull dice from chessex. I'm not sure if he was able to get the order in yet, but I suspect he would have been keen to tell us if he had.

Im getting close on my two LRCs and squad of dev cents... after that I have a collection of HQs that have accumulated that need paint... will probably try for a few of those but life keeps my rather booked up so painting doesn't move as fast as I'd like.

Kits for Vow #2 should be in the mail any day now.

Can't go too wild, wife is already being a good sport about this so I don't want to get selfish.

She was pretty wow'd when I showed her the price tag of some of the Forgeworld goodies.

But some FW stuff is sooooooooooo pretty

As are a lot of women. Note: "Cost" is an independent and parallel track, that may or may not associate with "Pretty". ;)

But some FW stuff is sooooooooooo pretty

As are a lot of women. Note: "Cost" is an independent and parallel track, that may or may not associate with "Pretty". msn-wink.gif

Exactly what I meant, the want (sooooooooo pretty) against the cost (ouch), is a permanent fight for me. One day I will get a REAVER TITAN. msn-wink.gif

300px Reaver1

But not while I have two kids to pay for love and cherish.

Brothers! I have completed my 5th vow, thereby condemning me to sit idle and watch you guys work. Actually...I can live with that! biggrin.png

For those who haven't seen yet:http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290382-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-angels-of-death-strategium/?p=3735495

My Brothers, know that I have the utmost faith in you! There are none other I would rather have stood besides during this competition. I am honored to call you my Brothers!

Well done Brother! I am close to finishing my 5th as well, but still need a few days.

I guess that makes you the official cheerleader. :P

Now, to officially finish up, here's a group shot of everything I painted for the ETL3 competition:

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/ETL%20III%20pics/S1030006-1.jpg

All of it, complete with good, old honest Belgian steel! cool.png

Good luck Brothers in the ETL!

Unfortunately my current Crusade known as "The Divorce Crusade" has put me out of commission as my engines and other equipment on board my battle-barge has stranded me in space and unable to properly resupply.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm waiting for a guaranteed day of uninterrupted painting opportunity. Then, I will likely vow and complete the same day. I have maybe 600 points of HQs to do, but I don't want to risk vowing and then not getting my day off as expected!

Mighty templar gods please forgive my pathetic 500 point vow.Sorry brothers I havent been able paint at all due to Real Life getting Extreme ( Ihave had to take care of my mom due to surgery) Also I have been applying for colleges for med school. It sucks...Though I have been using small amounts of free time to paint.I'm actually painting right now and I might have it done tomorrow. Is it to late to vow? I think I can vow up a vehicle if I can find an good airbrush.Anyone know any good ones? (That are cheap plz I just bought an glorious vindicator. 

Amazon has a bunch of 22 dollar airbrushes that aren't too bad.  If you want one that more adjust-ability though, you'll need to spend some $$. 

http://www.amazon.com/0-3mm-Gravity-Dual-Action-Airbrush-Paint/dp/B005H3FMBW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406201399&sr=8-4&keywords=airbrush

I'm using one of these.  Decent for learning!

Mighty templar gods please forgive my pathetic 500 point vow.Sorry brothers I havent been able paint at all due to Real Life getting Extreme ( Ihave had to take care of my mom due to surgery) Also I have been applying for colleges for med school. It sucks...Though I have been using small amounts of free time to paint.I'm actually painting right now and I might have it done tomorrow. Is it to late to vow? I think I can vow up a vehicle if I can find an good airbrush.Anyone know any good ones? (That are cheap plz I just bought an glorious vindicator.

Brother, do not apologize for your circumstances. They are what they are and how we deal with them is what defines us. You have your priorities in the right order. Family first, always.

Regarding your vow, you have until the 31st to complete it. Plenty of time for a Templar. I would recommend against getting a lower grade airbrush immediately to address an urgent need and wait until after the ETL for your purchase. I can help hook you up with the ebay retailer I used and got an amazing deal (i.e. airbrush, compressor, water extractor) for less than $200, including shipping. It is worth waiting for a good deal.

That would mean painting your vow the old fashioned way. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, keep in mind, waiting for the perfect sword, prevents you from slaying the enemy before you with the sword you have, which is just sharp enough. Your challenges at this point should be in managing your time, not developing your techniques.

So rest easy, do what you can now. Take care of family first. When you have time, take care of your vow.

It won't be easy, but it can be done. You will always be a Templar.

Brothers, the Emperor has seen fit to guide my crusade in the proper direction and bestowed it with a master of the forge. Vow 5 will be up later today, thus alowing me to have all 5 vows.

For the Emperor, For Dorn, For Sigismund

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,

When funds are low and the debts are high,

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,

Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is odd with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about,

When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow,

You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Anon Remembrancer, M2

The twelfth weekly update is in, and... Well, it's pretty darn close! As it stands, it could go almost any way. I suspect the defining factor will be completion rates. If every Templar can stand shoulder-to-shoulder, our Zeal can carry us through! Every point counts, so don't give up no matter how small the vow is! It is going to come right down to the wire, and where others trip and stumble, we trample them beneath our feet as we march forwards! Where lesser chapters talk big, where heretics and witches boast about their intentions, the Templars stand defiant and deliver on their oaths, no matter the odds! Your honour is your life, and now is the time to prove it! Get those brushes out, bring your focus and pull an all-nighter! When the smoke clears and the survivors blink in the dawn, they will see black plate and the insignia of Sigismund standing tall.

Earn your tabard, honoured brother and fellow sons of Dorn!

Archived