The Call of the Abyss: The Crusade of Cinder and Ash

Brothers, only the first week has passed and with the descent of the Black Templars from the Index Astartes, we now rise above as the current victors of the ETL. But we must not allow this victory to make us idle. We must take the advantage we have and bury our enemies in blood and ash. For this, I do make this vow to my brothers, those of us who have known bitterness and sorrow for ten thousand years the likes of which no mortal man. I offer you the chance to join me, to fight under one banner once more, not driven by the Warmaster that desires only destruction and revenge, but one that seeks to bring a greater glory, an empire born from ashes of the ruined Imperium. Stand by me and I in turn will stand by you. For each Lord of Chaos who chooses to fight under my banner and dedicate their vow to my cause, I vow to you my brothers that I will pledge an additional unit to my following pledge and personally oversee each of your progress to ensure our ultimate victory!

So what am I asking? Its simple, really. As the Forces of Chaos, we know infighting and bitterness beyond measure, but there are times when we stand together for a common goal and bring ruin to the Imperium. I thought it would only be fun and right to bring a small bit to our own forces and help motivate each other. For this, I wish to ask my brothers to join me on this campaign to reign supreme in the third ETL of the Bolter and Chainsword. All that I ask of you is simple, to dedicate your forces to the Crusade of Cinder and Ash and rally your painted minis beneath the banner of the Ruined King. In return, I will add an additional unit to my second or third vow with your choice of what that unit is (keep it broad though ex: unit of khorne, unit of cultists, etc.) dedicated in your name.

I will also try and help keep everyone who joins motivated and on task, even maybe adding a little bit of fluff here and there to add some spice to it. Already, Brother TJWyrm has honored the call and pledges his Gilded Horde to my side.

My Gilded Horde will join with The Ruined King and march under his banner, in exchange for one unit of warriors dedicated to the Dark Prince Slaanesh, for the greater glory of the Gods!

So then, brothers. Will you answer the call?

FORCES OF THE CRUSADE OF CINDER AND ASH

• Chapter of the Ruined King - King Allant - Noctus Cornix
  • The Gilded Horde - ???? - TJWyrm
  • Chapter of the Transcendent Coil - Lord Alulem - Scribe of Khorne
  • The Divine Flayers - Lord Nemitus - Forte
  • The Stonebreakers - Lord Kythnos - Kythnos
  • Splinter Cell #379 - Alpharius - Excessus
  • The Siege Makers - Warsmith Helslash - Leinmann
  • Lernaen Protocol - Harrowmaster Procel - Dragonlover
  • The Revenants - Seer Lord Amon Thoth - Angelus Encarmine
  • Alpha Legion ? - Lord Proximo - Yogi
Units Vowed by the Ruined King
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Slaanesh - TJWyrm
  • 1 Unit of Cultists - Scribe of Khorne
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Slaanesh - Forte
  • 1 Daemon Engine - Kythnos
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Tzeentch - Excessus
  • Trophies of Guilliman's Sons - Leinmann
  • 1 Champion of Chaos - Angelus Encarmine
  • 1 Unit dedicated to Khorne - Yogi

He who is Alulem...

Walker of the Silken Road...

Scribe of Khorne...

Guardian of the Blind of Rexa...

Messenger of Nurgle...

True Son of Decimator Gi1ss and the Dominia...

King-Priest of Mudan VI...

Adept of the 10,000 Paths...

Chapter Master of the Transcendent Coil

Will answer your call to glory. ;)

"So you want to decimate those who blindly follow the false one. Sounds like it could be quiet pleasurable."

"I'll add my Divine Flayers warband under the leadership of Lord Nemitus to the Crusade of Cinder and Ash."

"In return I'd like a group of spawn made from the living flesh of mindless Imperial Citizens, dedicated to Slaanesh in my name."

"Let us not fail and show the Imperium just how deluded and I'll informed they really are. Oh we have such sights to show them"

The Stonebreakers warband, commanded by Lord Kythnos Thargelion, the Iron Dread, will join the Crusade of Cinder and Ash, if you provide them with new deamon engines. Their cannons will tear the fortresses of the victims of this crusade asunder and their fleet shall break even the mightiest orbital resistance, so that everything will lay open for the forces of chaos to slaughter. Iron Within, Iron Without! furious.gif

@ Forte - Welcome brother, yet another of Slaanesh's embrace joins the cause! I must admit I don't know if I can give you exactly what you want, but I will see what I can do. If not, will just Spawn do or would you rather it be switched to another unit dedicated to Slaanesh?

@Kythnos - Your firepower will be greatly appreciated, brother of the Iron IV. Welcome to the fold.

The spirals circle endlessly. Plots within plots, schemes beyond schemes. It is all for the great one, the Changer of Ways, the Architect of Fate, the Weaver of Destinies, that I pledge the services of my Thousand Sons warband to you, oh fallen one! The battle will not only be fought in realspace, but on the etheral planes as well, where we will conguer the misguided children who still cling to their pathetic fallen empire. They are blind to the universe around them, deluded and insane. We must rescue them from their ignorance and weakness. Their corpse-god cannot save them from us, for unlike him, our divine ones have real power...

...and the only price in return, is that you dedicate a unit to Tzeentch...

I have already pledged some daemonic forces to the ETL III, and when they are finished, there might be more where they came from...or maybe something to summon them into realspace...or both... :)

Warsmith Helslash has received word of the Crusade of Cinder and Ash, and although looking for much at the present time, he sees a worthwhile opportunity to add a debt in the future. The Siege Makers therefore pledge forces to this worthwhile cause. Iron Within, Iron Without!

++Additional sub-relay message: The sorceror Robersium, part of Lord Helslash's advisory council, sees an excellent opportunity. Details are to follow, along with appropriate rituals of sacrifice.++End transmission.

I've pledged a vow for the ETL III, progress of which is in my sig. Instead of asking for a unit dedicated in the name of the Iron Warriors of the Siege Makers warband, I'd ask that some trophies on champions/characters be painted in either Ultramarine or descendants of Guilliman's genetic lineage, as per the fluff of my sorceror Robersium. If pics can be provided so as Robersium knows these sacrifices are being carried out, then everyone's a winner msn-wink.gif

@ Forte - Welcome brother, yet another of Slaanesh's embrace joins the cause! I must admit I don't know if I can give you exactly what you want, but I will see what I can do. If not, will just Spawn do or would you rather it be switched to another unit dedicated to Slaanesh?

Any unit really. So long as it's dedicated to the Divine Prince and sings Purple Rain perfectly.

Harrowmaster Procel Vassago and the Lernaen Protocol pledge their support to your Crusade of Cinder and Ash

We ask nothing in return, other than that you look to your own forces. Hydra Dominatus!

Dragonlover

Seer-Lord Amon Thoth pledges the services of the Revenants to the Crusade of Cinder and Ash. Let the corpse worshippers burn in the flames of our hatred...

We simply ask that a champion of chaos be presented to herald our arrival.

In return, as proof of our commitment, name a unit of your choosing and I shall add it to what I have planned for my second vow.

-AE

Proximo of the Alpha Legion agrees to your terms. His warband shall march under the Ruined Kings banner and demonstrate its martial superiority against the shared foe. In exchange one unit of warriors shall dedicate themselves to the Destroyer Khorne. 

I have a vow, but I'm not actually starting on it until mid June. 

Proximo of the Alpha Legion agrees to your terms. His warband shall march under the Ruined Kings banner and demonstrate its martial superiority against the shared foe. In exchange one unit of warriors shall dedicate themselves to the Destroyer Khorne.

I have a vow, but I'm not actually starting on it until mid June.

So long as you vow before June 1st and finish before August 1st it's all good.

Welcome, brothers, one and all. Let us break the enemy on our knee and crush them beneath the weight of their own sins. Our numbers have grown and now we are 10 strong, but let more join at our side!

Angelus Encarmine, your valor is recognized and for this we ask that you honor one unit dedicated to Khorne, Lord of Honour and Slaughter in equal measure.

Glory be to the Ruined King!

So today's pretty busy for me and I likely won't get a chance to work on my painting, but tomorrow and Monday I've set aside for almost exclusively painting. I've been playing around with ideas and ways to give a more interesting look to my daemons. The first of two ideas I have is a more insubstantial visage, like they are beings of blood given shape and form. Need to give the test model another coat or two of Blood for the Blood God before he's done, but I like how its coming. The second is to give them more of a charcoal skin tone to them, like creatures made of ash and smoke with eyes like burning coals. Which do you guys think would look better?

forte...aka "quickfingers" smile.png

Bloody Mark of Slaanesh...

I just want to make it clear for you guys that this thread is all for you. This whole idea is to keep myself and you guys motivated for the ETL and help each other get our sea of plastic minis all painted and pretty-like. So if you have any pictures, any questions, need for suggestions, or ideas, or full just post it on here. Let's all try to keep each other on the right track!

Archived