Slay the Warlord

I have a question about Slay the Warlord and Victory Points. In a game of Purge the Alien, my HQ selection is a Leman Russ squadron with Pask as my Warlord. If Pask is destroyed, the Slay the Warlord victory point is awarded, but does the entire unit have to be killed in order to get the second victory point? The same goes for Sgt Garadon in Sentinels of Terra. Neither are Independent Characters, so I wouldn't think the extra point is awarded until the entire unit is eliminated.

At the end of the game, each player receives 1 Victory Point for each enemy unit that has been completely destroyed.

If Pask is part of a vehicle squadron and cannot be taken or used independently of that squadron then I'd say you need to take out the entire unit to get the VP for Purge the Alien but only Pask's tank to get Slay the Warlord.

Thanks for the replies, thats how I thought it would work but it started an argument in my last game. It also brings up another question: Can Pask be your warlord if there is a CCS in your army? The CCS has a leadership value, where Pask does not. But I'd much rather use Pask's warlord trait on his tank instead of just a command squad.

Thanks for the replies, thats how I thought it would work but it started an argument in my last game. It also brings up another question: Can Pask be your warlord if there is a CCS in your army? The CCS has a leadership value, where Pask does not. But I'd much rather use Pask's warlord trait on his tank instead of just a command squad.

By RAW, the qualified model with the highest Leadership is your Warlord. So that means since Pask doesn't have a Leadership Value will have to give up the Warlord title to a CCS who has one.

This of course, doesn't matter if your opponent agrees to House Rule this.

Yes, the CCS must be the Warlord; as long as you have any other HQ (even priests!), then a tank commander cannot be the warlord.

The warlord bit also goes for a CCS. You have to kill the whole squad to get the Warlord point. 

Archived