Sviar's ETL III

Sviar

Well I didn't create a ETL thread in the first ETL and not in the second one either, so it's about timelaugh.png

I am a slow painter with only a few hours each week to paint, so my progress might be at a slower pace than the rest of my fellow Guards. But rest assured I will try to paint as often as I find the time and I will complete every vow I make.

The first vow was:

2x Chimeras with HB

Maticore: 170

Veterans with 3 Meltaguns and a Bolter for the Sergeant.

I made a photoboth from a sawn windscreen washer fluid can(had a few laying around in the trunk of my car).

med_gallery_58880_7244_335854.jpg

This is my starting picture. One is actually finished, but I'll wait until the other one is complete too.

Too late now, but one thing I noticed (I did the same with my first chimera) was that you put the tow hooks on the rear door: likely they'd get pulled off if the APC tried to pull anything big! ;) since the whole rear of the vehicle is a door I'm no sure where they expected us to put that hook... If you glue it on the front it would hang at a strange angle.

Anyway: good work!

likely they'd get pulled off if the APC tried to pull anything big! msn-wink.gif since the whole rear of the vehicle is a door I'm no sure where they expected us to put that hook...

Didn't think of that, but neither did GWbiggrin.png, I think I followed the instruction a little too precise, I blame the glue fumeswhistlingW.gif

This is the second part of my first vow. More armoured might.

This is the before picture of my Manticore, I haven't decided if I should stick a HB or a HF in the front though.

med_gallery_58880_7244_92044.jpg

Reminds me of the fun I had building the model, and painting it too. Though not as much fun as obliterating my enemies with it :P I'd recommend the HF on the hull, a single HB isn't going to do much so I prefer the killing power of the flamer. Especially since enemies like to get close to artillery pieces if they can so it makes them less vulnerable :)

I'm interested in getting a Manticore soon. What's the possibility of making it interchangeable (Manticore/Deathstrike) via magnets or whatever?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your work on it.

Any advice on its construction?

Making it interchangeable is either very difficult or impossible I think. The missiles share parts in a way that doesn't lend itself to switching. It's been a long time since I assembled mine so maybe I can be corrected but short of fashioning your own replacement and additional bits (a lot of work!) I think it's a no go :(

Otherwise a good kit, I enjoyed building and painting mine a lot :) I'm almost envious Sviar! :P

The missiles are not the biggest problem,but the launching rack is. In my opinion it's not worth it,considering the in my opinion underpowered deathstrike. Heck,a manticore with the IA V1,2nd ed ammunition is cheaper,can fire more often,and is just as deadly.

So there is a listeek.gif

Finally some progress. The pictures is a little out of date though, because I had some work done on it today. The worse thing is that I haven't got the paint for the rockets that I need. And it is going to take weeks to get it(a lot of real life commitments), so it seems that I'm stuck...but I could always start on my vets or choose another colour.

These thins was conceled when I glued on the reinforced armour today.

gallery_58880_7244_72380.jpg

The progress before B&C broke down.

gallery_58880_7244_47471.jpg

I want to take a moment to thank Brother Argos for his swift actions on getting the board up and running, despite being in the hospital for his eyesthanks.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for the kind wordssmile.png

@ WarriorFish The paint that I used for the missiles is the old GW paint Tin Bitz. A member of my LGC lended it to me when I forgot my Tinny Tin(Vallejo replacement for Tin Bitz) at home.

@ Scatmandoo Yes, I have a soft spot for them too.

Ah Tin Bits, I thought it stirred something in my memories. Such a good paint, so good that I've got a pot that is pretty much dead but I can't bring myself to throw it away. My opponents have soft spots for Manticores too. Lots of soft spots spread messily over a large area! :lol:

So here is my starting photo for my veterans. There are two reason for them not having any arms.The first is that I always paint the whole body before putting on arms because there might be hard to reach some areas having an arm and weapon in the way. And I dont have the weapons that I vowed. Small note to GW, please include Melta and Plasma guns in the box. I'll probably find a way to solve this.

med_gallery_58880_7244_877943.jpg

At first I thought that I should use green stuff to do a strap on the helmet and hang it in the belt. But as the helmet is strapless, I'm still thinking what to do with it. Any suggestions?

med_gallery_58880_7244_585818.jpg

I love the respirator heads, aside from looking really cool they're a great way to make Veterans stand out :) As for the helmet you could GS a small strap if you like, or just have it hanging from the belt? It could have some hook or something underneath you can't see for example.

@ WarriorFish I like the respirators too, it has that Vet look. Right now I'm considering to perhaps give them a different paint scheme. It was a great idea with the conceled hook to attach the helmet to the belt, I'm going to use it, thankssmile.png

@Ammonius Thank you for the kind words. I was happy to hear that my Manticore inspired you to get one of your ownsmile.png. It is fun kit to build and paint.

Archived