The Occulta Indignatio crusade

Thank you Brother Christopher. Honestly I also frequent the IG board (haven't posted there mind you but it feeds the side project for after my Templars are complete enough... it'll tie in with the crusade lore) and they put us to shame with how many models are getting done regularly even without painting competitions. So I figured "hey I got a stack o models and half finished projects. If the Guard grunts can pump out a stream of models then we knights ought to be able to as well!furious.gif " and that is how it started.

Andhil, well that is a bit of a story... I found out about our brothers the ANGRY MARINES! when after my first two games of 40k ever back to back against the same opponent I was told that basically the way I talked about and played my army was like black ANGRY MARINES! and once I looked them up I rather had to agree to a certain extent.

Then it came time to model a Standard of the Emperor ascendant and I had to puzzle how that was going to happen as I wanted something that had heraldry that could kinda fit the great crusade/unification wars but I also wanted a chapter symbol on there too. So the bottom green banner ended up with vaguely Dune imagery... my free hand kinda sucks as I am not naturally artistic so I can follow lines and stuff but not fill in big blanks with pretty pictures. Anyways as I was tinkering with the second banner on top for the chapter symbol I found out that I could fit two side by side hence ceating a "Flag flag flag" which being so fun to say had to exist. So then which chapter gets the other banner? IF would have made more sense seriously speaking but because I mostly play black ANGRY MARINES! and I like to be a bit lighthearted I went for some laughs and to squeeze more references onto the model just to see who would pick up on thembiggrin.png

Huh, I always thought ANGRY MARINES! were just yellow Templars. Perspective I suppose. Either way your stuff is looking good!

^ This is so true!

Thank you Brother Christopher. Honestly I also frequent the IG board (haven't posted there mind you but it feeds the side project for after my Templars are complete enough... it'll tie in with the crusade lore) and they put us to shame with how many models are getting done regularly even without painting competitions. So I figured "hey I got a stack o models and half finished projects. If the Guard grunts can pump out a stream of models then we knights ought to be able to as well!furious.gif " and that is how it started.

Well, I know what you mean. I can dismiss that quantity with a fluffy 'numbers don't count' stuff and that every one of our brethren can take down a hundred feeble guardsmen, but the truth is this: there's some serious stagnation in here. But I suppose this is in our nature too: we are a crusading Chapter. Although we perform our duties dully, that's not really visible unless there's a CRUSADE going on, like ETL. And many of us can be mustering for this year's ETL.

Your current resolve, Mandalore, serves as a perfect example. Hopefully, I'll soon follow your steps.

Archived