Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternative Templar Bits

conversion

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

So I thought I would throw together a post with as comprehensive list as I can of all the third party sites that have bitz that can be used on our Templar mini's.  If you know of something that's not on here please post it and I will add a link to the first post.  I'll be adding this to the Black Templar Resource at some point too, so you'll always be able to find it there.

Forgeworld

FW Templar search (includes pads, shields, vehicles doors, etched brass and the Dreadnought)

Scibor

http://sciborminiatu...om/en_,shop.php (Enter search criteria templar to see all their products)

They have pads, shields, bodies(from torsos to full miniatues), Vehicle accessories and bases

Max mini

Knight heads

Power Maul/Thunder Hammers

Cloaks

Anvil Industry

Robed Legs

Cloaks

Loincloths 

Grill Heads

Skull Heads (For Chaplain conversions)

Crusader/Purity Seals

Chains

http://www.builders-...arts-chain.html (40 lpi for PA, 27 for TDA, 15-16 for Dreads)

Kromlech

Rippers - Large two handed chainswords and relic blade

Kreuz Shields - Shields with crosses on them

Legionary Vibro Swords - Could make good power weapons

Legionary Spike Hammers - Possible power mauls

Armorcast

Decals - Various Cross decal sheets

Puppetswar

Knight Helms

Swords

Axes

Pretorian Pads - Similar look to the Command Squad Champion's pads

Crusader Termos bodies - Could be alt TDA bodies

Backpack Banners

Standard Bearer Banner

Spellcrow

Knight Helms

Templar Knight Helms

Knight Legs

Tabard Torsos

Templar Tabard Torsos

Storm Shields

Tabard Bottom Halves

Templar Tabard Bottom Halves

Edited by Acebaur, 21 January 2017 - 06:35 PM.

• Marshal Rohr, Firepower, Das Bee and 4 others like this
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."[/center]
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,353 posts

Nice. I can see where we'll probably want to pin this at some point. Did Dono give us the link for those two handed chainswords he was going to use his Reliquary building?

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts

Do you mean the Kromlech Rippers?

Marshal Recard of the Black Templars 18th Crusade.
"...This is vital in that when all else fails, it is faith that will carry him through to victory. Warriors of faith never shirk from combat but rush forward with heads down and shields up, allowing their glory to carry them into the thick of battle to deliver the first blow."

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,137 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Max mini has a set of nice swords too. The cross guards are a little more Dark Angel than Templar but you can shave them off and use the back from the upgrade sprue axes in their place.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,353 posts

Do you mean the Kromlech Rippers?

Yes, that would be them. Thank you.

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Krikey

Krikey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 555 posts
Chains! http://www.builders-...arts-chain.html The 40 lpi is good for power armor weapon chains, the 27 good for TDA weapons, and the 15 or 16 good for dreadnoughts. You can also use even lower lpi for vehicles. I buy the black chain -- it has a surface ready for painting, so you can place it on miniatures already primed.

~K
  • Acebaur likes this
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
~Reclusiarch Tufnel

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

Chains! http://www.builders-...arts-chain.html The 40 lpi is good for power armor weapon chains, the 27 good for TDA weapons, and the 15 or 16 good for dreadnoughts. You can also use even lower lpi for vehicles. I buy the black chain -- it has a surface ready for painting, so you can place it on miniatures already primed.

~K

Thank the Emperor you posted this. I've been wondering this forever and now I know where to get them.

I'll add it to the first post!

Edit: added. Also how to you get them to stay put in the position you want them in?

Edited by Acebaur, 14 May 2014 - 02:32 PM.

"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."[/center]
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Marshal_Roujakis

Marshal_Roujakis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,705 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars Chapter

Usually Super Glue, just put it between the joins and be really thin about it, after spraying with paint it usually stays in place.

'No matter the laurels of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are Space Marines, the Adeptus Astartes, the Angels of Death! And more than this.' he said, his voice dropping quiet.
'We are Black Templars. Victory is its own reward.'

- High Marshal Helbrecht - 'The Crusader' - Crusade to the Ghoul Stars -

Spoiler

++The Vengeance Crusade Thread++

Krikey

Krikey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 555 posts

Edit: added. Also how to you get them to stay put in the position you want them in?

What Roujakis said. I usually place them and then very carefully use very thin superglue to set them. Thicker superglue for a dangling/hanging chain.

~K
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
~Reclusiarch Tufnel

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts

Uh following up on the Rippers, they're big. About 2" including the handle. I know 40k weapons are rarely realistic but these ones are huge. Just a heads up for anyone planning on using them! :lol:

"...This is vital in that when all else fails, it is faith that will carry him through to victory. Warriors of faith never shirk from combat but rush forward with heads down and shields up, allowing their glory to carry them into the thick of battle to deliver the first blow."

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

Uh following up on the Rippers, they're big. About 2" including the handle. I know 40k weapons are rarely realistic but these ones are huge. Just a heads up for anyone planning on using them! laugh.png

That sword that is pictured with them, is it the same size? That seems like it could make a good TDA weapon for my counts as Templar Deathwing Knights.

Also added them to the first post

- Chaplain Emmerich

- High Marshal Helbrecht

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts

Yeah the picture is correct. So the double sided chainsword and power sword are a bit shorter, but they are also thinner and look more appropriate. The big chainsaw in the middle would make an epic Teeth of Terra if you find someone strong enough to carry it. :)

Would photos be useful?

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

Yeah the picture is correct. So the double sided chainsword and power sword are a bit shorter, but they are also thinner and look more appropriate. The big chainsaw in the middle would make an epic Teeth of Terra if you find someone strong enough to carry it. smile.png

Would photos be useful?

Yeah that would be great. If you can throw a termie in the pic for scale on the  power sword that would be awesome

- Chaplain Emmerich

- High Marshal Helbrecht

Krikey

Krikey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 555 posts
Also from Forge World, Mk III and Mk IV power weapons (especially the Mk III).

Mk III: http://www.forgeworl...EAPONS_SET.html
Mk IV: http://www.forgeworl...WEAPON_SET.html

Each kit has vicious axes, chainswords (including a 2-handed one), power swords, a thunder hammer, a maul, lightning claws, power fists, various pistols, and some good belt-sized melta bombs.

~K
~Reclusiarch Tufnel

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,137 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
The mark 3 heavy chainsword would be a very cool replacement for a teeth of Terra

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts

Sorry for the delay. Here's a comparison shot between the Kromlech Rippers, an Initiate and a Sword Brother.

Spoiler

Kyliadan

Kyliadan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
I use the big Kromlech one as my marshall's Teeth of Terra, here he is to give you an idea of what to expect :
http://hpics.li/ac2882f
http://hpics.li/5321ccf

(Edit : actually it shows one of Scibor's shoulders and shield, too)

Edited by Kyliadan, 18 May 2014 - 07:58 AM.

• minigun762 and greggles like this

04:00: Morning Prayer: Neophytes are berated for their perceived failings by their responsible Initiates, who are in turn berated by their superiors, up to the Marshal who berates the entire Fleet then swears a solemn vow to an icon of the Emperor that they will do better and prove themselves worthy by stabbing heretics in the throat with their swords. Tactics may also be discussed and orders of battle issued, assuming they involve rushing headlong at the enemy.

NoPityNoRemorseNoFear

NoPityNoRemorseNoFear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII & XVth Legions

Here is the site that I am looking at for Templar Heads: http://puppetswar.eu...?id_product=274

also if you are wanting cheaper Forgeworld Brass you can get it from here: http://cadwallon.com...rs-symbols.html

• ThatOneMarshal likes this
Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules
[center][color=#ffffe0][size=5][font='times new roman', times, serif][size=4]Check out my Sanctus Crusade projects: [/size][/font][/size][/color][size=5][font='times new roman', times, serif][size=4][url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/301060-the-sanctus-crusade-greenstuff-surcoat-practise/][color=#ffffe0]here[/color][/url][/size][/font][/size][/center]
[indent=7]              [img=http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Sig%20Banners/Chaos%20at%20the%20Gates%202%20Completion_zpskgka8n1s.jpg][/indent]
[center][color=#ffffff][size=4][font='times new roman', times, serif]Let a wave of repugnance for the enemy wash over you. [/font][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#ffffff][size=4][font='times new roman', times, serif]Let hatred fill you. Hate is good, for our goal is a Human galaxy. [/font][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#ffffff][size=4][font='times new roman', times, serif]We are called by the Emperor with a sacred duty to conquer it in His name.[/font][/size][/color][/center]

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

Puppetswar also has swords, axes and some cool looking pads. I updated the first post with them. 

- Chaplain Emmerich

- High Marshal Helbrecht

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,112 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Axes? Im sorry im not a space furry. ;)
Can you post a pic of the swords? Im procastinating a bit at work.

Edited by Sete, 02 December 2014 - 12:03 PM.

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,173 posts

Axes? Im sorry im not a space furry. msn-wink.gif
Can you post a pic of the swords? Im procastinating a bit at work.

Click on the link? They have the pic on their site.

Swords are definitely more knightly, but I might remind you that we have axes in our upgrade sprue ;)

- Chaplain Emmerich

- High Marshal Helbrecht

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,112 posts
Im not procastinating that much ;)
Saw the swords. Hmm... those spiky bits after the hilt kills it...
Axes are a rude weapon... they lack the class and finesse of a proper blade. Its a butcher's weapon.

Edited by Sete, 02 December 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Arthanor

Arthanor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,454 posts

Not quite official yet, but I am coming out of the warp to share a blurry teaser for my brothers. Forgeworld's 30K Templar bits:

9af26d8ea2d9baceffa3411b578f6a4d.jpg

• Brother Richard, Reinhard, shandwen and 1 other like this

Marshal of the Laurentia Crusade - Recruitment (WIP)         My DIY: The Radiant Light
Want to know what to expect of your dice? Join us in Arthanor's Mathhammer corner!

gallery_45662_7420_40448.jpg
Life is the Emperor's currency, spend it well.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,112 posts

Dem swords.

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,165 posts
The bulk of the shoulders come with arms already attached? Annoying...and why the backpack?

Edited by Firepower, 02 December 2014 - 11:01 PM.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users