Alternative Templar Bits

Acebaur

Thanks! Is the material easily fileable/sandable?

yes, but be careful with the type of bitz I showed above, the connection point is small at the center of the cross and you can snap it if you are too rough

I had some break in the middle, when removing them from the sprue. All in all the pgtm bits are very cool, they also do crosses for knees and shins which is really cool.

zRTlVz6.jpg

h5CAREs.jpg

Quality is excellent IMO

Thanks for the pics.

A bit thick for my tastes.

Think I will keep trying to find DW veterans shoulder pads, or maybe move to transfers from 3rd party.

Edited by Sete

These look ok, but I would like to see some in action first: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/731379255/black-templars-vanguard-shoulder-pads?ref=shop_home_active_12

He also does Vanguard ones.

The PGTM ones are nice and crisp, but just a little too proud of the pad for my liking. 

I believe those are not pgtm. Do the crosses look like maltese crosses?

From the previews i had the impression the legs if the crosses were straight as opposed to the more star shape of maltese crosses

They are less extended than maltese ceosses, yes. I was okay with that tho for 20 pauldrons or however many those were. For the next templars that I might build I'll habe to get New pauldrons again, so keep em Coming

These look ok, but I would like to see some in action first: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/731379255/black-templars-vanguard-shoulder-pads?ref=shop_home_active_12

He also does Vanguard ones.

The PGTM ones are nice and crisp, but just a little too proud of the pad for my liking. 

Let me know what else you want to see. The shoulder pads are basically a perfect match. The cross does not extrude past the rim of the shoulder pad, which makes it less bulky (personal preference).

Here are the pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/DnUssMl

Hey Brothers,

Saw decals in this thread from Ginfritters Gnomish Workshop a couple of weeks back, and people asking about how they look, scale etc... I was also curious so took a gamble and ordered some of various sizes.

Took a pic of 6 different sheets I ordered, sitting on a 1CM grid cutting board - Primaris marine with a traditional GW BT cross on his shoulder for scale/comparison of the Maltese cross. If anyone curious I can match the ones on the cutting mat to the size/product I ordered from the site.

Also a Dreadnought that has the decals you see cut out fixed to him. I found the large one at the top left not useable for this Dread - but confident I would find spots on any chassis based marine vehicle - Rhino or larger.

I found the transfer quality good; They soften nicely and needed much less work than my very old GW BT transfers - which I pretty much heat mould onto the mins.

The print quality of the transfer is generally good, I've noticed the scaled down combined text/image transfer sheet has not printed some of the image parts - but I need to check if that was how it was pictured on the site.

Shipping was very quick - and I'm from AUS - so did a great job.

1033492-.jpg

1033488-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%20Dre

I have them also.

I find them pretty easy to put on my minis.

I prepare the surface of the mini with a decal fixer and wait until dry.

I soak them few seconds in clean water.

with my brush, I slide them on the surface.

Decal softener 1 or 2 times, it will seem to shrink with the texture of a old person skin.

Wait and iy will be fused with the fixer below.

Tada, decal posed and pretty