Alternative Templar Bits

Acebaur

The bulk of the shoulders come with arms already attached? Annoying...and why the backpack?

Actually it's half of the them ;)  That said, I don't think it's a big deal, they don't look too restrictive. Those pads and swords look amazing! 

Hmm, they look stubby enough that chained wrists may fit.  In previous pics, the knight helms looked rather large. I wonder how well they'll fit in the plastic torsos.

Cool as they are, I don't trust resin weapons. Too fragile. :tongue.:

If (more likely 'when') I buy this kit, it'll be for the torsos, shoulders and heads. There's a lot of potential for an awesome Honor Guard unit here.  If power fists were worth a damn I'd use that one in a heartbeat.  Hopefully the upgrade will be packaged with a set of legs and such, too, because I'm quite sick of buying two kits to make Templars :tongue.:

Edited by Firepower

Since their website has come back up I'm assuming Chapterhouse Miniatures has managed to get the courts to allow them to sell stuff again.

I've gotten some of their metal shoulder pads that are listed on their site as " studded pads". They make great left shoulder pads as they are studded and have chains wrapped across them with a small shield also. Great for sword brethern or any Templar brother you want to show some heraldry on. Converselly their knight shoulder pads have nothing Templar or knightly about them in my opinion.

I think you are referring to this one http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_86_111

That does look awesome. And yes chapterhouse resolved their issue and are now allowed to sell stuff again

They also have this one that is chain lined http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_86_92

Edit: Spellcrow also has some helmets that look like they could work. http://www.spellcrow.com/space-knights-helmets-p-249.html

Also badass Templar Storm Shields http://www.spellcrow.com/templars-heavy-large-shields-p-103.html and version two http://www.spellcrow.com/templars-heavy-large-shields-ver-p-114.html

Edited by Acebaur

Not quite official yet, but I am coming out of the warp to share a blurry teaser for my brothers. Forgeworld's 30K Templar bits:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/9af26d8ea2d9baceffa3411b578f6a4d.jpg

Wow those are beautiful those would wonderful with a vanguard kit to make a cool looking honour guard squad. Unfornatly my funds are going into getting a new screen for my iphone.

I've always felt that Chapterhouse sculpts were a bit sloppy.  It could just be their paint jobs, but the shapes still look kinda crude.

Yeah, agreed.  

More awesomeness from Spellcrow. 

Inquisition knight legs. http://www.spellcrow.com/inquisition-space-knights-legs-p-248.html Yeah,  I know the name is geared towards GK, but the legs would actually look really good with Templar stuff. 

Tabard torsos. http://www.spellcrow.com/space-knights-torsos-with-tabards-p-207.html These I'm not sure about. They don't seem like they'd fit too well with SM stuff. 

Edited by Acebaur

The Chapterhouse pads I've used were the first one that Acebaur put the link up for. Their paint job on it is pretty crappy. As far as the sculpt for that particular one, it isn't any sloppier to clean up than any of the metal GW BT pads that I've got tons of. It just adds abit of variety to an army that shouldn't look all cookie cutter the same.

I love those Spellcrow shields and know I'm going to have to order some.

Also thinking that the new FW Imperial Fist Contemptor dred is a needed purchase to use as a venerable suit that's been around since our founding. It would justify leaving the fist on the chest and as it already has a cross on its left leg it wouldn't need much more Templar bling but one of those Spellcrow shields would look spiff on its shoulder.

Edited by PATemplar

Yeah, the new Fist Contemptor is sweet, but it's not quite a 'bit.' :wink:

I have to agree with you on those chest pieces Ace.  The head hole looks very shallow, for starters, and I've no idea if the back is suited for housing a backpack.

Edited by Firepower

• 2 weeks later...

So I just picked up some loincloths and cloaks from Anvil Industries. The cloaks are amazeballs, they fit perfectly with the Space Marine back pieces. the loincloths are nice too fitting very nicely on SM sized waists. My only complaint is that the loincloths are a little small so be advised if you want to pick them up. 

So I just picked up some loincloths and cloaks from Anvil Industries. The cloaks are amazeballs, they fit perfectly with the Space Marine back pieces. the loincloths are nice too fitting very nicely on SM sized waists. My only complaint is that the loincloths are a little small so be advised if you want to pick them up. 

Pics?

• 2 weeks later...

Obligatory purchase for me :)

- The embossed shoulder pad are epic. Need 300 of those asap :ph34r.:
- Torsos can be fixed with etched brass easily. (but then so can vanilla mk3 torsos)
- The laurels on the otherwise awesome helmets are somewhat of a downer, but they should come off without detroying vital detail.
- the combat shields are a bit of a letdown tbh. Many whfb empire shields are superior sculpts and slightly larger.
- Swords are a welcome addition to the existing bits box.

-> The phalanx warder  storm shields and associated power armour arms look inviting as well. Needs major scraping and etched brass overhaul to fix those shields, though.
- also the phalanx warder power axes are sexy!

They're here!

Aww yeah! Good thing my friend has a free shipping voucher from FW too!

Obligatory purchase for me :smile.:

- The embossed shoulder pad are epic. Need 300 of those asap :ph34r.:

- Torsos can be fixed with etched brass easily. (but then so can vanilla mk3 torsos)

- The laurels on the otherwise awesome helmets are somewhat of a downer, but they should come off without detroying vital detail.

- the combat shields are a bit of a letdown tbh. Many whfb empire shields are superior sculpts and slightly larger.

- Swords are a welcome addition to the existing bits box.

-> The phalanx warder  storm shields and associated power armour arms look inviting as well. Needs major scraping and etched brass overhaul to fix those shields, though.

- also the phalanx warder power axes are sexy!

The Pads are epic!

What's wrong with the torsos?

Laurels aren't that big of a deal, unless you plan on buying this set like 10 times ;) Let us know how the sanding goes though

The Combat shields are a nice change of pace IMO.  And the whfb Empire shields that used to have the Templar option(the skull and cross) no longer exist as the Knightly Orders now have pre molded shields

The swords will be great for various brothers

When Sigismund comes out... and that should be soon he will be the only one with a Tabard... before the Black Templars, Tabards and chaining weapons was only a Sigismund thing, the Imperial Fists Templars actually never did it, and they just have the Maltese Cross because apparently that was the personal heraldry of Rogal Dorn.

Those armour were made with Horus Heresy in mind and NOT the 41st BT in mind... so it makes perfect sense for them to lack Tabards, Chains, and be equipped with Laurels... because they are meant to be the 1st Chapter of the Imperial Fists Legion, the best of the best of the best of the Imperial Fists... bar Sigismund himself... easily fixable though...