Alternative Templar Bits

Acebaur

Well, the latest FW bulletin shows a small sneak peak of an upcoming HH IF release. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_42.html

They're being very careful about letting us know it's part of a command set, but the guy in the picture really feels like Sigismund. Even if it isn't, it'd make for one really sweet looking Emperor's Champion. The model is the first IF model to wear a full tabard, and the helmet very much reminds me of the image on the Sigismund audio drama

Just received my templar bits from fw. and i have 2 broken swords. including the champion one. Typical.

A reminder of how much I hate resin.

gallery_79735_10031_45150.jpg

Told ya so Ace. :lol:

Of course FW will replace that no questions asked. But not when it happens with every drop or bump of the model it's attached to :rolleyes:

Hyperbole? Yes. But I still don't like flimsy FW weapons for this exact reason. Plastic may not be as pretty a lot of the time, but it's a helluva lot more durable.

Still waiting for FW reply. :sad.:

Worry not battle brother, for the forge worlds are often over burdened and slow but they always come through for the chapter, always.

There services are some of the grandest I have seen in ages and I'm sure they'll replace your weapons without a moments doubt.

now to fly back home for 8 hours and see if they have mine in the mail as well! 

I also sent an email to GW about our outdated sprue with a picture. They replied to show proof of buy and the usual stuff so it would be replaced. To which I answered that I dont want a replacement but a update to the sprue, because if im paying 20 extra pounds just to make proper black templars I expect quality. I would advise some of you to do the same if you are interested.

Its time GW stops treating us as 2nd class costumers. My opinion ofc.

Edited by Sete

I also sent an email to GW about our outdated sprue with a picture. They replied to show proof of buy and the usual stuff so it would be replaced. To which I answered that I dont want a replacement but a update to the sprue, because if im paying 20 extra pounds just to make proper black templars I expect quality. I would advise some of you to do the same if you are interested.

I actually got a sprue as a gift for xmas along with a recent batch of tac marines, which I have not yet started to work on, so this is interesting and I may join on your initiative.

Are some parts not compatible with the more recent minis ?

What "updates" are you looking for ?  There's no grav-gun, obviously ; but what other changes would you like to see ?

I actually got a sprue as a gift for xmas along with a recent batch of tac marines, which I have not yet started to work on, so this is interesting and I may join on your initiative.

Are some parts not compatible with the more recent minis ?

What "updates" are you looking for ? There's no grav-gun, obviously ; but what other changes would you like to see ?

Here is a picture gallery_79735_10028_61853.jpg

Back and front bit are both male. They don't fit without sanding.

Edited by Sete

The bigger problem I found is that I have lots of bits from various 'generations' and the actual shape of the backs vary a lot, some are totally incompatible with the Templar fronts (without heavy cutting/green stuffing). Some new bits wouldn't hurt, but that is just honestly not going to change any time soon. That's the point of this thread really, sourcing variety outside of GW, until such a day as the Templars are reinvigorated with new codicies/formations/models. Look in on the Sororitas forum and see how long you may have to wait though... For now, don't despair, just look to get creative with some of the sources already listed here.

Which is easy enough. If you are a Templar you should be used to doing minor conversions anyway :wink:

I know its easy enough. But im not good at converting, and if im paying 20 quid for a product i expect it to be at 100% am i right?

Its the principle of it.

And i rather make some waves no matter how tiny they are. :)

Replacing won't help, unless they can replace with an old sprue (in which case he misses out on some of the newer bits). No, replacing, as commercially sound as it may be, isn't the issue here.

Clearly, they need to ensure that the BT upgrade sprue remains compatible with the new model range.

That's not their job.  Or at least, customer service's job, if that's the department you emailed.  You bought a box with clearly listed parts.  If those parts are absent or damaged or not as advertised, then it's their job to fix it.  Otherwise, it's not their prerogative.  The decision to package Templars as an upgrade rather than a squad is made by someone else.  

I can't call up customer support and demand that they make my Sisters into plastic, now can I?  Or tell them to change their prices, or give us back our own dex?  

Yes our current state of affairs sucks, but giving some poor shmuck in customer service a hard time won't change a thing.  Getting mad at them for offering you free stuff after the fact, when there wasn't actually anything wrong with the kit you bought, is even more ludicrous.

These outbursts pop up all the time. "Hey guys, let's sign a petition!  Let's send a bunch of e-mails!  Let's have a sit in at Quiznos!"  They don't work.  They won't ever work.  Giving a clerk in customer service 30 minutes of annoyance isn't going to help or change anything.

Edited by Firepower