Alternative Templar Bits

Acebaur

Firepower has a very good point. 

Yet we are straying off topic. This thread is for discussing what bitz (both GW and not) are available to help make unique and awesome looking Templars. 

Speaking of which, I put the skull helms for custom chaplains in the fist post. 

That's not their job.  Or at least, customer service's job, if that's the department you emailed.  You bought a box with clearly listed parts.  If those parts are absent or damaged or not as advertised, then it's their job to fix it.  Otherwise, it's not their prerogative.  The decision to package Templars as an upgrade rather than a squad is made by someone else.  

I can't call up customer support and demand that they make my Sisters into plastic, now can I?  Or tell them to change their prices, or give us back our own dex?  

Yes our current state of affairs sucks, but giving some poor shmuck in customer service a hard time won't change a thing.  Getting mad at them for offering you free stuff after the fact, when there wasn't actually anything wrong with the kit you bought, is even more ludicrous.

These outbursts pop up all the time. "Hey guys, let's sign a petition!  Let's send a bunch of e-mails!  Let's have a sit in at Quiznos!"  They don't work.  They won't ever work.  Giving a clerk in customer service 30 minutes of annoyance isn't going to help or change anything.

Well then give me kirby phone number. ;)

Its costumer service, and im a costumer complaining simple as that. Im not asking for a full range of plastic minis, just an update to a sprue that currently does not fit properly on the product its advertise to be used on.

But ok we are straying off topic and i will continue this on my own.

Hm.  Has anyone tried those armorcast decals?  I'm looking at 20 Scout arms right now, all with nice smooth bone colored shoulder pads, and dreading the inevitable free-handing.  But it's not exactly easy to tell what size those crosses are from just a picture of the sheet :P

Edited by Firepower

Hm.  Has anyone tried those armorcast decals?  I'm looking at 20 Scout arms right now, all with nice smooth bone colored shoulder pads, and dreading the inevitable free-handing.  But it's not exactly easy to tell what size those crosses are from just a picture of the sheet :tongue.:

The big decal sheet from FW has enough black crosses of just the right size for those scout arms, but damn is that a pricy sheet of decals. Only really worth considering if you plan to use all the other decals on there, and there's enough for a pretty large crusade...

Hm.  Has anyone tried those armorcast decals?  I'm looking at 20 Scout arms right now, all with nice smooth bone colored shoulder pads, and dreading the inevitable free-handing.  But it's not exactly easy to tell what size those crosses are from just a picture of the sheet :tongue.:

The big decal sheet from FW has enough black crosses of just the right size for those scout arms, but damn is that a pricy sheet of decals. Only really worth considering if you plan to use all the other decals on there, and there's enough for a pretty large crusade...

Yup, that's why I want Armorcast to be viable :lol:

I have it. It's worth every penny. You see those giant ass crosses on my Storm Eagle? Those are FW

That's not their job.  Or at least, customer service's job, if that's the department you emailed.  You bought a box with clearly listed parts.  If those parts are absent or damaged or not as advertised, then it's their job to fix it.  Otherwise, it's not their prerogative.  The decision to package Templars as an upgrade rather than a squad is made by someone else.  

I can't call up customer support and demand that they make my Sisters into plastic, now can I?  Or tell them to change their prices, or give us back our own dex?  

Yes our current state of affairs sucks, but giving some poor shmuck in customer service a hard time won't change a thing.  Getting mad at them for offering you free stuff after the fact, when there wasn't actually anything wrong with the kit you bought, is even more ludicrous.

These outbursts pop up all the time. "Hey guys, let's sign a petition!  Let's send a bunch of e-mails!  Let's have a sit in at Quiznos!"  They don't work.  They won't ever work.  Giving a clerk in customer service 30 minutes of annoyance isn't going to help or change anything.

I can't like this post enough. 

Seriously, don't give customer service a hard time. No amount of complaints will ever be heard in the board-rooms where the real decision making power lies. Chances are there exists no possible avenue of escalation that will ever reach anyone you would want to know about your suggestion for a change to the product. 

The best you can do if you want an update to the BT sprue, or something similar, is to somehow popularise BT to the point where the higher-ups decide they need their own models to meet enough of the demand to make a decent profit. They only care if caring makes them money. Minor costs like taking up the time of CSAs doesn't even register with them. 

If you want to make a change, then you need to start marketing BTs on behalf of GW

Well then lets keep buying dark angels and grey knights and convert them, that sure helps our cause.

I had written a lot more but I had a bad day and don't want to bring my foul mood to the thread so lets leave it like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i do hope we get some cool transfers. Since this release is being good for us xD im getting greedy.

I will use the new assault squad sword as my relic power weapon for my crusade.

Edited by Sete

Was really hoping to get some new decals since I plan on rebuilding my crusade, might actually wait a bit now

Well the basic GW one will still get you by and there is always the upgrade kit with raised pads. Remember, idleness leads to heresy ;)

Was really hoping to get some new decals since I plan on rebuilding my crusade, might actually wait a bit now

Well the basic GW one will still get you by and there is always the upgrade kit with raised pads. Remember, idleness leads to heresy ;)

I prefer decals over the raised pads, but I'll just find alternatives for my vehicles

I always envisioned a crusade as growing over time with requisitioned troops, or just zealous types tagging along. While true neophytes would be in their crusader squads, maybe some local PDF would do some recon work for the Templars? I would stick a bunch of guardsmen in a landspeeder storm and play them as scouts. (if it wasn't heresy, that is ;) )