1 : 0
2 : 2.8%
3 : 7.4%
4 : 13%
5 : 19.2%
6 : 21%
7 : 31.2%
8 : 36.4%

This obviously doesn't take into account other factors, like adversary DtW rolls.

Valerian

I'd assume some Psykers will get bonuses in the future.  Like a successful cast is 3+ instead of 4+.  Or reroll failed dice.

Agreed; definitely expect wargear, upgrades, special abilities to modify Psychic Power casting, just let everything else in the game.  Likewise anticipate things that'll affect DtW rolls, too, in addition to the Psychic Hood that we're already tracking.

v

interested to see if Brotherhood of Psykers gets a bonus as i'm sure the Grey Knights will get a bonus somehow.

also, except for the new daemon summoning powers (which i will NEVER use! like, ever) is there a single power that requires 3 warp charges?

I'm already kicking my feet in magnetizing my HE army I don't need 40k to escalate into those number of miniatures too lol Nevermind my wallet couldn't bear the weight of that either...it will definitely be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks for posting that up Valerian, going to be interesting to see how this ties in with our Runic Weapons once we get our new 'dex (sooner rather than later hopefully) and how they work them out, I really hope something as iconic as the RW's gets some attention from GW rather than just beaten with the nerf stick...

Man, sanctic might actually be a decent option. +2 strength is a good blessing for 1 charge. Strength 6 rending MOTW hidden in a grey hunters pack will certainly help vs dreadnoughts and the like. Frost weapons, with hammer hand, will be striking at strength 8, too... making them possibly preferable to power fists AMD power axes when paired with a pistol, in that context at least.

And +1 to invulnerable saves.. ow. Put a storm shield TDAWG at the head of a grey hunter unit with wolf standard and cast that blessing. As long as you allocate wounds to the wolf guard, that's a 2++ rerollable save.

It's a shame that powers are random.

What would be a good list for max rune priest psychic phase fun?

To some extent it depends on whether psykers are allowed to attempt to manifest more powers than they have mastery levels. I'm not sure if this limitation actually exists in the rules though. Can they? For instance, could Njal spend one die on every codex power?

I think Njal would probably be a good bet, especially if he's able to do that, and assuming that any FAQ keeps him totally OP for psychic defence. That's a lot of ifs though.

Presumably all powers are useable the turn you come in from reserves, so I think spamming grey hunter packs, each with a rune priest, might be quite good.

If you roll powers before deployment, you can allocate rune priests to packs based upon what powers they end up getting. Give one grey hunter pack a wolf guard with TDA and a storm shield (or arjac) and put the priest that rolls sanctuary in that one. Give another pack two marks of the wulfen, and if the sanctic rune priest gets hammer hand instead, put him there. Etc etc.

Man, sanctic might actually be a decent option. +2 strength is a good blessing for 1 charge. Strength 6 rending MOTW hidden in a grey hunters pack will certainly help vs dreadnoughts and the like. Frost weapons, with hammer hand, will be striking at strength 8, too... making them possibly preferable to power fists AMD power axes when paired with a pistol, in that context at least.

And +1 to invulnerable saves.. ow. Put a storm shield TDAWG at the head of a grey hunter unit with wolf standard and cast that blessing. As long as you allocate wounds to the wolf guard, that's a 2++ rerollable save.

It's a shame that powers are random.

Remember there's an heavily increased chance of perils with sanctic, unless you're GKs. Just something to bear in mind.

Yeah, I think that 3 dice is the absolute max you'd ever want to throw at a sanctic power. And that'd be risky... something like a 4/9 chance of perils???

Hammerhand and sanctuary are wc1 powers though, so you can throw a single die at it for a 50% chance and no perils, or 2 for a 75% chance and a 1/6 chance of perils. Not TOO bad.

Just wondering what ppls thoughts were regarding the telekinesis powers (particularly levitate). I'd been thinking that porting a GH plasma squad forward into double tap range would be useful. Something like this (albeit a lot of eggs in one basket).

RP, chooser 2*tele + prime

RP, jaws/storm caller

WP (soth)

10 GH, 2*plasma

1 WG, combi plasma

Basically with the idea you can move 6", then levitate 12". Pop storm caller for a 4+ cover save (thanks soth). Use all of the left over dice for unleashing psychic hell (jaws etc.), before then shredding the rest of the unit (or another unit) with plasma/bolter fire (all re-rolling 1s to hit/wound).

Obviously this is quite dependant on getting levitate. So if you don't get it, you have the option to outflank with soth. Also you can then decide to trade out your other powers for div on the second RP and just put him in with long fangs. 

Was able to get a couple of games in on Sunday, I ran biomancy and telekinesis. Overall the psychic phase feels underwhelming I rarely got off more than one power (granted my opponent also had a librarian... kinda jealous of psychic hoods now). Divination is probably still our best option, I don't think there is much difference power wise between telekinesis and biomancy. My opponent ran Sanctic and it seemed to be really hit or miss (perils on doubles comes up quite a bit. but the powers were effective)

Archived