Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Nice not-Squats. Is that the shadow war terrain they are standing on?

And yep - gonna need some terrain to play test their Shadow War rules :P

You know, you should be able to use their rules for Shadow War, considering they're 2nd edition... food for thought. Not sure if that's what you meant. Edited by DuskRaider

You know, you should be able to use their rules for Shadow War, considering they're 2nd edition... food for thought. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Oh, I'm gonna write my own rules using the old Inquisimunda Squat stats as base :)

Hnnng those treaded turrets are so dang Squatty!

Really resisting the urge to spend on Space Dwarves I won't get painted right now :tongue.:

Mission accomplished :ph34r.:

One Rapier has a quad mortar, the other one a plasma annihilator btw ;) - it's said the Numeri Khazadrim have access to high advanced plasma and grav technologies!

Just want to say your Squats are looking exactly like a modern interpretation of the original idea. What I would expect taking the massive Epic vehicles and Gyrocopters into account. The Rapiers are looking mighty fine and I love how small the squats are in comparison. Edited by Brother Tyler

=][=

Folks, someone else's WiP thread is not the place for you to debate the board rules or Moderator actions (if the thread creator wants to do that, then that's up to them) - it's off topic (and that shouldn't be hard to understand - the topic of the thread is the creator's WiP).

Let's cease the off-topic discussion, let Atia take care of her own communication, and get back to admiring and giving constructive feedback on the images of models posted here.

=][=

Atia, these guys are looking very good and I like the Rapier batteries. Would be very interested in seeing your take on rules and fluff for these guys. Edited by Bryan Blaire

Cool tanks. Can't wait to see them and the leader painted.

Thanks buddy :) 

Just want to say your Squats are looking exactly like a modern interpretation of the original idea. What I would expect taking the massive Epic vehicles and Gyrocopters into account. The Rapiers are looking mighty fine and I love how small the squats are in comparison.

Glad you like them! The 3 GW airships are meant to represent the classic EPIC airships and gyrocopters ideas! 

Darn you Atia, you made me buy a boat, and now I want the bigger boat.  You are obviously a part of GW's product promotion team.

I love the thought of making the army pull double duty for AoS and 40K..  I might just have to steal that idea.

*plucks thoughts from Lady Atia's head and runs like heck.

I think there are many usable models from recent and future AoS releases that can be used either for conversions or to represent stuff from the 30k/40k background. The Kharadrons are already looking like they belong to 40k rather than "fantasy", so I thought it would be cool to use them as base for my Squats but also give people the rules for using unconverted Kharadrons for 30k/40k games, if they want. You could get an AoS army, add some rapiers or make minor conversions and run with my 8th edition rules - the more systems you can use your models the better (if you are a daemons player, you know what I mean :P). That said, I'll have to wait 'till I get my hands on 8th edition Horus Heresy before starting them - for now I'll write kill team rules for Shadow Wars!

Awesome project! Can't wait to see how your Squats will turn out?

Where did you get the heavy rapiers mate ? :smile.: love the squats you are doing!

Looks like the new cannons from Kromlech. They came out a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks guys - and yep, these are Kromlech Rapiers!

Ooo awesome!

Thanks buddy :smile.:

Very cool! Excited to see them in full alongside the first squad and their battle boat.

Glad you like them! The boat is almost finished, just need to find the mood to do the OSL effects ^^

Rapiers are now finished - I may add bases later on though.

gallery_79873_10492_77518.jpg

Numeri Khazadrim Rapier Crew

gallery_79873_10492_177116.jpg

The idea behind these guys was to give them extra helmet sensors (like a bright fish) aswell as control and auspex sticks:

gallery_79873_10492_103865.jpg

And a little WIP shot for the Squat Warlord - I want to give him a scenery base like FW characters or my Lorgar:

gallery_79873_10492_73126.jpg

Hope you guys like them :smile.:

Edited by Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

Some progress on my stunties!

gallery_79873_10492_202112.jpg

Numeri Khazadrim Warlord

The ancient standing armies of the Khazadrim Strongholds are lead in battle by a Warlord or Thane. Usually accompanied by an unit of Hearthguard, these warriors are glad in an artificer crafted form of Exo-pattern Power Armour - piece of art that might reval even these of the Legiones Astartes' Praetors.

gallery_79873_10492_55816.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_98056.jpg

Numeri Khazadrim Clan Warriors
The bulk of a Numeri Khazadrim force is made up by Clan Warriors equiped for close combat, aswell as long range oriented Thunderers. Clan Warriors wear void hardened carapace armour not unlike these used by the Solar Auxilia, derived from a combination of mining suits and a power generator.
gallery_79873_10492_7341.jpg
Most Clan Warrior units have up to three special weapons - in this case the deadly Grav-Distorters. Developed during the Age of Isolation, at the time of the Great Crusade the Mechanicum worked on their own versions based upon the Squat's Distorters. It should be only after the horrors of the Horus Heresy that these weapons would be mass produced and used by the newly created Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes.
gallery_79873_10492_81327.jpg
gallery_79873_10492_118052.jpg

sigh... you made me buy the big boat... now I want troops, and even worse, to take the time to convert the weaponry on said troops.

I thought only girlfriends and wives were supposed to have this kind of impact on my wallet.

In all seriousness though, your Squats are looking great!  I wish I could do glow effects that well and I especially like the cannons (another thing I'm now considering purchasing).

Very cool :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :smile.:

sigh... you made me buy the big boat... now I want troops, and even worse, to take the time to convert the weaponry on said troops.

I thought only girlfriends and wives were supposed to have this kind of impact on my wallet.

In all seriousness though, your Squats are looking great!  I wish I could do glow effects that well and I especially like the cannons (another thing I'm now considering purchasing).

Mission accomplished :wink:

Glad you like them! My current to-do list for the Numeri Khazadrim:

HQ:

- Warlord

- Engineer

ELITE:

- Hearthguard (x5)

- Dreadnought

TROOPS:

- Clan Warriors (x10)

- Clan Warriors (x10)

- Thunderers (x10)

FAST ATTACK:

- Grav Frigate

HEAVY SUPPORT:

- Rapier

- Rapier

In other news - finally recieved some Thousand Sons stuff from Forgeworld, and I'll have to paint up some 40k stuff in the next weeks ....

Regards,

Atia

Edited by Atia

The conversions seem so effortless, but that is why the subtly is the real magic. Cheers to this!

Thanks buddy - glad you like them so far =)

Wow these are awesome. This whole thread is awesome. What rules are you using for these or did you make your own?

:wub:

I'll write my own rules once we know for sure how FW will handle 8th edition for 30k games. For now I'm working on rules for Shadow Wars: Heresy though - here's a little teaser (alpha version, not play tested yet):

gallery_79873_10492_5355.png

In other news - it's three years since I started this WIP thread, three years since I started to work on my 30k Death Guard. I'm glad to announce that I'll work on the new Starter Set in the next weeks - hopefully my order of Typhon Ash will arrive soon!

I'm gonna use their classic heresy scheme (since this will be an army set during the Siege of Terra), but I'll try a different recipe this time. My original Death Guard used lots of mixing and I hope to speed up the process with both airbrush and no mixing!

gallery_79873_10492_179286.jpg

Can't wait =)