Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

That thing looks sick XD

Thanks buddy :)

Very nice! Love it!

What colour scheme will it be?

Glad you like him! I'm gonna paint my Thallaxii and all the other corrupted Automata (like the blight drone(s) ...) with their HH scheme:

gallery_79873_10492_61835.jpg

That cracked face-plate looks amazing!

Can't wait to see more Death Guard.

Thanks buddy :smile.:

Hopefully I should be able to start on the "Dark Imperium" box in the next days - pictures as soon as pre-orders are up!

Wow that looks brilliant, the skull showing through the faceplate is really well executed!

Glad you like it!

Looks great

:blush.: thanks! (note: afaik there was a "thanks" emoji but it seems like it was removed from the b&c database! grml)

So .... I heard the XIVth Legion's fleet is still in warp transit en route to Terra - but here's a little teaser:

Consider me intrigued.

So you'll be using the new 40k plague marines for 30k I take it?

Yep! For the Siege of Terra, to be precise! Truth be told the announcement about 7th/8th has quite ended my desire to play this game (atleast with official rules), so I'm quite back at painting, writing homerules and playing skirmish games. One of my favourite (and earliest) fluff pieces was "Horus-Heresy" by Bill King - here's an extract from it:

The pods touched ground and from them erupted the mightiest champions of Chaos,

the renegade Space Marines of the lost Legions. These were no longer the fine human

warriors of legend but twisted creatures, bodies warped by the energies of Chaos,

minds twisted by their devotion to the dark powers. If what had happened to the Space

Marines was bad then what had happened to their Primarchs was worse. They had

been created higher in the Emperor's esteem and had fallen further. None of their

former comrades would have recognised them - they had been transformed into

creatures both daemonic and exultant.

At Mortarion's soft-spoken command the Death Guard emerged silently from the

festering cocoons of their drop-pods and advanced on their terror-stricken foes. The

dread runes on Mortarion's scythe glittered eerily in the night as he gestured for them

to advance.

The Death Guard are already full nurgle at the time of the Siege - and the new models are really gorgous. The first models I ever painted were actually 2nd edition plastic Plague Marines - so I can't wait to do them justice!

Since King's short story is quite an awesome piece, here are the other descriptions of Horus' forces - it's more or less what the traitors at Terra are for me, even if BL would retcon parts of that. 

Mighty Angron bellowed orders to his blood-drinking followers, the World Eaters.

Brandishing his great runesword he led them against the defenders of Etemity Wall

Space Port. Around his red-armoured followers bolter shots whined. Unflinchingly

they advanced, determined to spill blood for the Blood God.

Magnus the Red glared triumphantly about him with his one watchful eye before

orderingm the mage-warriors of the Thousand Sons to cast their spells of doom.

A hail of deadly bolter shells cut down dozens of the Emperor's Children. Undeterred, the

wounded howled with pleasure at the experience and chanted the praises of their

Primarch Fulgrim. The Renegade Space Marines surged forward to carve a path

through their foes.

Huge bat-winged Bloodthirsters swept triumphantly across the weeping

skies. Clawed Keepers of Secrets danced lasciviously on piles of corpses. Great

Unclean Ones chuckled as they lumbered through the ruined streets spreading trails of

filth and slime and disease. Enigmatic Lords of Change perched atop the towers and

statues and supervised the coming of Chaos to the heart of the world.

More and more intricately wrought dropships descended from orbit. They towered

over the landing ground like nightmare skyscrapers. The dark runes on their sides

glowed evilly in the gloom. Hundred-metre high doors opened in their kilometre long

sides. From their red depths Titans, ten times the height of a man, emerged. They were

warped giants; the armour of their carapace fused and moulded into new shapes by the

power of Chaos. Within them were men melded to their machines. Some of the

hideous Titans had strange and potent weapons, others were a bizarre hybrid of the

organic and the machine. Metal tentacles lashed, spiked tails whipped back and forth.

Engines roared like the voices of angry beasts. Banners fluttering, the Titans of Storm

Lords and the Flaming Skulls legions marched forth. At Lions Gate Space Port the

traitors welcomed the tow ering black war engines of the Khornate host. Minotaurs

and trolls and cultists seethed like angry ants around their bases.

Reinforced by this fresh wave of troops the hordes of Horus swept on, driving through

the exhausted and demoralised Imperial troops to the very walls of the Emperor's

palace. Khornate warriors mounted on bestial daemonic Juggers raced towards the

marble and steel outer ring. Hordes of horn-headed Tzeentchian disc riders soared on

the wind, bolts of mystic power erupting from their clenched fists to rake the

defenders. Slaaneshi beast riders swept aside the Imperial Guard infantry and reached

the Satumine Gate.

Edited by Atia

Looking suitably gross... I like the direction you are heading wit the Death Guard, I cannot wait to see how FW and BL handle the transformation.

If I remember correctly The Death Guard become becalmed in the warp and are overtaken by plague and virus.

Their bodies put them in a state of constant agony as joints swelled and meat rotted, their space marine metabolism and their Barbarusan nature not allowing them to die.

Racked with pain and disease, the Lord Mortarian gave himself to Nurgle to protect his warriors and the pact was made. The Death Guard were reborn as plague mariines... 

Looking suitably gross... I like the direction you are heading wit the Death Guard, I cannot wait to see how FW and BL handle the transformation.

If I remember correctly The Death Guard become becalmed in the warp and are overtaken by plague and virus.

Their bodies put them in a state of constant agony as joints swelled and meat rotted, their space marine metabolism and their Barbarusan nature not allowing them to die.

Racked with pain and disease, the Lord Mortarian gave himself to Nurgle to protect his warriors and the pact was made. The Death Guard were reborn as plague mariines...

Yeah! I waited almost 2 years for both Thousand Sons and Death Guard, and can't wait to paint both up (30k Thousand Sons and Plague Death Guard).

In other (but similiar) news - Dark Imperium and the Indices arrived today, and we went through the basics of 8th. Little teaser:

gallery_79873_10492_55443.jpg

Filthy witch is filthy ...

I'm gonna use their classic heresy scheme (since this will be an army set during the Siege of Terra), but I'll try a different recipe this time. My original Death Guard used lots of mixing and I hope to speed up the process with both airbrush and no mixing!

any idea what colour(s) you're going for?

i'm also doing a dual 30k siege/40k army

I'm gonna use their classic heresy scheme (since this will be an army set during the Siege of Terra), but I'll try a different recipe this time. My original Death Guard used lots of mixing and I hope to speed up the process with both airbrush and no mixing!

any idea what colour(s) you're going for?

i'm also doing a dual 30k siege/40k army

I'm gonna use a simliar scheme to Paul Rudge's - using Typhon Ash as basecoat. Can't wait to try it out.

Very nice Thallax! The cracked faceplate on the first one is done really well, it's great.

Thanks buddy!

I'm jealous of your early DI grab and today I hate you a little. That's all I have to say about that.

Nice Thallax.

Augustus out. :tongue.:

:whistling: :wink: :cool.: :wub:

Build the poxwalker - gonna prime them and start painting the Marines tonight!

gallery_79873_10492_86022.jpg