Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Thanks Guys :)

Anakatis Kul Blade-Slaves

Bearers of the Blessed Blades, Hosts of the Unspoken Demons, Honourguard of the Crimson Apostle

gallery_79873_10492_73179.jpg

There were always those who hungered for power beyond their appointed measure, even amongst the Legiones Astartes long before the dark days of the Horus Heresy. After their humiliation and censure by the Emperor and the XIIIth Legion, this became doubly so within the Word Bearers Legion as the sting of their fall left many within their ranks feeling powerless and cast adrift from the bedrock of their beliefs.

For the Legion as a whole this would mark the start of a perilous path and for some within its ranks, it ignited a hunger that could not be denied. It was on such morbid cravings that Zardu Layak, the Crimson Apostle of the Chapter of the Unspeaking, preyed, with baleful gifts in mind to bestow on those whose ambition outweighed their caution, and whose hubris overwhelmed their fear. These gifts were the Anakatis blades, dark relics of the time before Mankind, weapons which must be ritually given and freely accepted to work their doom for such unearthly might do they promise to any warrior who grasps them, but only if that warrior's spirit and will are strong enough to master the beast within the blade - it never was, Zardu Layak saw to that ....
gallery_79873_10492_91582.jpg
gallery_79873_10492_4519.jpg
gallery_79873_10492_15386.jpg
gallery_79873_10492_160438.jpg
Note: Anakatis Blades. Only two of these weapons are known to exist. Believed to have been discovered by the Crimson Apostle, rammed through the chest of a towering alien-carcass mummified by untold millennia on a dead world on the very edge of the Ghoul Stars, years before the outbreak of the Heresy.
gallery_79873_10492_212246.jpg
gallery_79873_10492_19647.jpg
Note: Sinister and coiling entities have been trapped within the blades by some Xenos long ago, entities that whisper promises of untold might and power, but such promises are only bought at a terrifying price to both body and soul.
gallery_79873_10492_52189.jpg
gallery_79873_10492_206746.jpg

Those are a pair of beautifully painted dudes, maybe a touch over on the glow for the plasma pistols for my taste but overall these are smashing

Thanks buddy =)

I know what you mean, but the problem with the metallic red scheme and airbrush-glow is that you barely can change it once it's done. I actually quite like it though - well, I'm still experimenting with finding the right amount of OSL :)

Great job :ohmy.:

Oh yes, all the yes! Seriously nice work as ever Atia :cool.:

Thanks Guys :blush.:

Lovely work Atia. Just make sure you clean up those bases! :thumbsup:

Glad you like them :P

And of course - I just snapped the pictures after I finished the pistols. For the group picture with Zardu Layak they will all have black bases :whistling:

Not overly fond of the models but those are brilliantly painted!

Haha thanks - I'm glad you like them more now :wink:

:ohmy.: I really like that middle guy! Can we get a close up of him?

Thanks! Yeah. As soon as he is finished and when I have some time to do better pics :<

Edited by Atia

Zardu Layak, the Crimson Apostle

Thrice-Born, The Binder of Souls, The Voice of the Unspeaking

gallery_79873_10492_159200.jpg

Zardu Layak's true name is now lost, but it is recorded in his Legion's lore that he was once an officer of the Ashen Circle, a Terran by birth, and a devout destroyer of all that pertained to false superstition and errant creed. He oversaw the burning of a hundred temples and countless tomes of lies in the Emperor's service. That was until the Word Bearer's brutal censure by their ultimate master.

As Primarch Lorgar led his Legion into the wilderness after their punishment on Monarchia, Layak was contrite and ashamed, soul-sick and lost, and quickly a fervent convert to Erebus' and Lorgar's new teachings in which he sought solace, but even this did not fill the terrible void within him. So it was that when he began to receive visions in which he believed his Primarch spoke to him directly, he concealed them from others for fear his shame had driven him mad. In those visions the golden-skinned apparition ofLorgar bade him to reconsider his work, not to burn the books and lore he encountered, but to read them, covet them, to search in them for the hidden truths that the Emperor had not wished his sons to know. Word upon word, rune upon rune, glyph upon glyph was a new creature born, a creature who named himself from the Book of Lorgar, using the ancient practice of Sortilege, as Zardu Layak, "Eater of Wisdom", but who came to be known more swiftly by his Legion as the "Crimson Apostle" for his fiery raiment and the scalding blood in which he daily daubed his armour.

Assigned to the Chapter of the Ochre Gate as its apostle by Erebus, Zardu Layak quickly proved more than a mere voice of the First Chaplain. Soon the chapter began to seek missions of its own, away from its Legion for long stretches, and each time it returned it was further changed. Like a cancer, Zardu Layak had embedded himself deeper into its carcass, so that after a time, the Ochre Gate was no more and now the Chapter of the Unspeaking stood in its place, with Zardu Layak its de facto master. Though First Captain Kor Phaeron was disquieted by the Crimson Apostle's growing power, much of which he would keep hidden until the atrocity on Calth, Lorgar pronounced himself pleased by Zardu Layak and his devotion to the word of the Primordial Truth, assigning the Unspeaking and their master to command a key assault at Calth, though so changed had they become that complete concealment was needed for them until the hour came to strike ...

gallery_79873_10492_12910.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_61296.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_145316.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_55757.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_20622.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_31367.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_31144.jpg

B-E-A UTIFUL. AGAIN!!!!!

Once again, I am impressed with the poses you use, the gritty paintwork is to my liking, as I have already confessed, I wish only that you had not fallen to the easy path, the false path. As a Black Templar, I must detest you and your amazing skills, but find my hate diminished, only by a tiny amount, I quickly add. :biggrin.:

He looks soooo good!

B-E-A UTIFUL. AGAIN!!!!!

Once again, I am impressed with the poses you use, the gritty paintwork is to my liking, as I have already confessed, I wish only that you had not fallen to the easy path, the false path. As a Black Templar, I must detest you and your amazing skills, but find my hate diminished, only by a tiny amount, I quickly add. :biggrin.:

Thanks Guys :blush.:

Great stances and painting, Atia.

What's the puppy doing on his breastplate?  (I need a better screen/browser :whistling:  )

Glad you like him :)

And ... I totally don't know where you see a puppy haha. Zardu has a glowing bracier-ball on his chest, similiar to that on his staff. He also has two chalice filled with yummy blood taken from ... well .... I could tell you, but it's better for your sanity if I don't. :P

Absolutely freaking amazing I would even go as far as to say I prefer yours to the ones on FWs site. Your work as always is incredible even the tattoos on Zardu which I would have nowhere near the fortitude to attempt look amazing I can't wait to see your gal vorbak. Have you considered making Argel Tal? If not you should with your skills I feel like we might actually see a conversion that does him justice.

Absolutely freaking amazing I would even go as far as to say I prefer yours to the ones on FWs site. Your work as always is incredible even the tattoos on Zardu which I would have nowhere near the fortitude to attempt look amazing I can't wait to see your gal vorbak. Have you considered making Argel Tal? If not you should with your skills I feel like we might actually see a conversion that does him justice.

First - big thanks :wub.: :blush.:

Regarding Argel - I love the character since I first read about him. That said, I know FW does too, so I'll wait 'till they finally reach the Shadow Crusade again.