Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

And done!

gallery_79873_11473_2624.jpg

Need a break, will post more pictures and fluff tomorrow :)

That mini is such a beast. Daring to paint that you are braver than I, madame :tongue.:

He is indeed! Far the biggest and most complex model I've done so far - but it was pretty cool to paint him up!

nice!

thanks ^.^

looking, very very good....

glad you like him!

An'ggrath the Unbound

Guardian of the Throne of Skulls, Deathbringer, Lord of the Eight, Greater Bloodthirster of the First Rank, The Bloodstorm, Rage Incarnate, First of His Name, Tetrarch of Chaos, Daemon King of Khorne

An'ggrath the Unbound, the mightiest of the Bloodthirsters, is the most favoured servant of the Blood God Khorne. In the pantheon of the Blood God's servants, An'ggrath stands next to the Skull Throne at Khorne's right hand. Amongst the ranks of Khorne's daemonic followers, An'ggrath is perhaps the greatest and most revered, next to Valkia and Doombreed, created by his patron Chaos God to be the ultimate expression of murder and violence, extolling Khorne's blood creed across the width and breadth of the galaxy. No one can stand against him and hope to live. An'ggrath has been Khorne's most favoured servant since Tzeentch inspired Khorne's then favoured slaughterer, the Bloodthirster known as Skarbrand, to strike at his own master. Skarbrand was cast out from Khorne's realm and exiled for all eternity, and An'ggrath was raised up as Khorne's most favoured son. Though the two Bloodthirsters are eternal foes, Khorne has decreed that the two can never meet in battle, for their value as slaughterers is too great to be wasted upon each other.

It is said that during the the Great Crusade, and later during the dark days of the Horus Heresy, An'ggrath was defeated twice - first by the Primarch Lorgar Aurelian during his Pilgrimage into the Eye of Terror, and a second time during the Shadow Crusade ...

med_gallery_79873_11473_148682.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_95253.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_154273.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_179422.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_87172.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_200459.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_307736.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_72427.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_180276.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_221640.jpg

Note: Soulrend - this unholy Axe of Khorne contains the essence of the mighty Brasslord, another Greater Daemon of Khorne, slaughtered by An'ggrath during a challenge in the Bloodgods' arena.

med_gallery_79873_11473_116870.jpg

Note: Whip of the Guardian - after Skarbrands' treachery, no one besides the Bloodgods' own consort dared to step in range of An'ggrath' whip (and this next to his patrons' throne) and survived ...

Wonderful paint job lady Atia! :biggrin.: nice work.

And woah that guy is bug haha!

Thanks Leviathus - and yeah, his is indeed a big guy :)

He came out amazing atia you did an epic job! I love all the texture fw put into the model on his wings and the skin to really give him some depth.

Aww thanks, glad you like him! Easiest on of FW's best models from a design PoV, and still the best Bloodthirster out there imo!

He looks glorious, Atia. Really nice work there. You did him justice for sure! 

Was he difficult to put together?

Thanks Auggi ^,^

Tbh he wasn't - the wings were the hell, and the whip-spikes also like it to break off - besides that: great kit, but even FW wrote on their assembly guide that the kit may have little errors lol (but need to admit, not sure if they write that on all their guides)

Normally I'd say Tyberos could handle whatever the galaxy throws at him, but An'ggrath? Not likely.

Hehe, infact it's not Tyberos, but his precessor - Arkhas Fal, Shade Lord and former Legion Master of the XIX Legion - he fights for Imperium Secundus in my head canon ;) 

I can't say I care for ANGRY NUMBER TWO OH OH OH KHORNE IS SO ORIGINAL but he's certainly well painted.

Glad you like him xD - and well, An'ggrath is older than Angron (since An'ggrath already existed 50 years before the Heresy and was kicking and Guardian of the Skullthrone), so ... I *guess* it was the big E who wasn't all that original :P

Well the paintjob is very good, it's a very clean model, but I would worked a bit more on the base. I see you had selected a pattern to conform to the rest of the army, but I would have add more details on a such large surface. IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback! Need to admit, bases are always my "problem child" - i tried to give it a little mini diorama of its own (the little Word Bearer's skull-shrine) though. Well, I have alot of big kits in planning (a few biiiig daemons aswell as knights), so any ideas what i could do with other large bases?

Atia, are you planning on doing a 40K Khorne Daemons or Khorne Daemonkin army?

30k Daemons (of all gods) to be precise - useful both as main detachment or allied detachment for my Word Bearers ^,^ 

Still have a lot for them in the pipeline, want to finish the Khorne stuff alongside the Word Bearers, but next year will also have something Slaanesh, and some Tzeentchy stuff for me :P

I would like it to have the options to field smaller mono god allied detachments ^.^

Seeing An'ggrath painted up like that makes me want one.....

Base-wise, have you considered corkboard/foamcore? Cut it to roughly the bases actual size, bevel the edges, rip into it a bit so it's not too uniform/clean. You can even slice into it lengthwise, create upslopes, rocky formations, etc, all out of a single piece, or stack together different cut shapes for a variety of heights/dimensions. Then decorate to taste!

Regardless, the painting is top notch. Keep it up ^^

30k Daemons (of all gods) to be precise - useful both as main detachment or allied detachment for my Word Bearers ^,^ 

Still have a lot for them in the pipeline, want to finish the Khorne stuff alongside the Word Bearers, but next year will also have something Slaanesh, and some Tzeentchy stuff for me :tongue.:

I would like it to have the options to field smaller mono god allied detachments ^.^

In that case, would you consider yourself a (future (as in do you see your 30K forces becoming 40K CSM?)) Chaos Lord?

Seeing An'ggrath painted up like that makes me want one.....

Base-wise, have you considered corkboard/foamcore? Cut it to roughly the bases actual size, bevel the edges, rip into it a bit so it's not too uniform/clean. You can even slice into it lengthwise, create upslopes, rocky formations, etc, all out of a single piece, or stack together different cut shapes for a variety of heights/dimensions. Then decorate to taste!

Regardless, the painting is top notch. Keep it up ^^

Awww :thanks: :blush.:

I actually used some cork for the base of my Bloodletters' Champion:

med_gallery_79873_11210_227897.jpg

I really like the idea, just need to find bigger corkboards :O but it's great to make some rocks :thumbsup:

Still have a lot for them in the pipeline, want to finish the Khorne stuff alongside the Word Bearers, but next year will also have something Slaanesh, and some Tzeentchy stuff for me :tongue.:

In that case, would you consider yourself a (future (as in do you see your 30K forces becoming 40K CSM?)) Chaos Lord?

Isn't the right term Chaos Lady?^^ - well, send you a pm Auggi :P

Back in the 80s, my parents had cork board table mats including some really thick ones. You could search for these. Alternatively, you could get a cork notice board, but it will have waste wood or metal this way.

The other, and way more fun option is drink lots of champagne, as this is generally still corked with cork. Just make sure you get biscuit du Riems to go with it :)

Back in the 80s, my parents had cork board table mats including some really thick ones. You could search for these. Alternatively, you could get a cork notice board, but it will have waste wood or metal this way.

The other, and way more fun option is drink lots of champagne, as this is generally still corked with cork. Just make sure you get biscuit du Riems to go with it :smile.:

what do you think have i used for the bloodletter base xD :ph34r.:

hehe, cheers guys, will look for a cork mat :)

I picked up a pack of 3 2x2 cork boards for about $5 at a craft store a while back. They can be harder to find nowadays, but if you have a helpful employee to ask it makes all the difference ^^

(If you live in the US, a place like Michael's or even The Container Store should have some).

Thanks for the feedback! Need to admit, bases are always my "problem child" - i tried to give it a little mini diorama of its own (the little Word Bearer's skull-shrine) though. Well, I have alot of big kits in planning (a few biiiig daemons aswell as knights), so any ideas what i could do with other large bases?

Yes I do...to maintain the purity and simplicity of the bases of the other miniatures of the army, I would just add a few details.

Conceptually, it is the same thing that you did by adding the icon of Khorne on the pile of skulls, but I'd do it in a largest way...

• The terrain "Imperial Sector" by GW can do for you, just got a whole lot of bits, then braks and mix them in sand and glue and spread them as you were seasoning a pizza.

• Khorne is not only skulls, is also blood, so why don't we place a nice blood stream that cross the base ? You can display some large bits of cork to make the classic lava base,then in the recess, istead to paint it as lava you can pour a mix of silicone and red paint...

• You can use some wrecked model, if you have any that you want to recycle.

• You can leave a bare base, and paint a pentagram-like symbol, like if An'ggrath was just summoned from the warp. WB would approve this solution, is more in their style. Paint it whit blood-for-the-blood-god tech by GW and do not forgot to add pile of skulls, candles, dark tomes and stuff like that on the tips of the pentagram.

They are just some khorny ideas and you can also mix them to improve the results... :wink:
Edited by for_dorn_and_for_de_emprah