Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

med_gallery_79873_10492_35450.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_451142.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_269888.jpg

Edit:

Big wave of leaks up at the news & rumours section

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303432-rumours-plastic-horus-heresy-box-unboxing-page-139/?p=4223068

Going through the sprues, and characters next - and I'll showcase a special project I've done in the past today too :)

Edited by Atia

While I'm building the character models - something old first - to be precise, the first Heresy model i ever painted. I figured it's time to post him, as he fits the theme of things to come :)

Hope you like him!

Angron

The Red Angel, the Undefeated, Primarch of the World Eaters

"What would you know of struggle, Perfect Son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? When have you had to do anything more than tally compliances and polish your armour? The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour."

- Angron, during the Shadow Crusade

med_gallery_79873_10492_163357.jpg

The most bloody-handed and savage of the Emperor’s gene-forged sons is the Primarch Angron, whose legendary reputation in battle has earned him the title of The Undefeated amongst his brothers. Cast in his youth upon a world of brutal oppression, he was enslaved and surgically mutilated to become a gladiator in its games of death, eventually becoming the undefeated lord of the red sands, a killer without peer.

When he rebelled against his brutal overlords, the Emperor saved Angron from certain death alongside his loyal followers, an act Angron has never forgiven the Emperor for. It is little surprise then that when his brother Primarch Horus turned against the Emperor that Angron was quick to side with the traitorous Warmaster; his only true master though was ever his rage and bloodlust.

med_gallery_79873_10492_125398.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_129015.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_59528.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_19998.jpg

The two Characters aren't glued together yet, just test fitting - need to say the models and sprues look all awesome (and I even like the Contemptor Dreadnoughts) - can't see a major difference between FW Mark IV and GW's version, besides maybe the sharpness of the knees. The helmets also have some cool variations in it, including a bionic eye.
The game itself looks fun, althought it could need some extra cards for more units and weapons.
med_gallery_79873_10492_15140.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_21671.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_107332.jpg
Now i need to wait 'till my upgrade kits arrive ...
med_gallery_79873_10492_188409.jpg

That's awesome! :biggrin.:

Thanks Honey :)

Say what you like about Angron, he has the best cape of anyone in the Heresy. Even Russ couldn't pull off a fur cloak that stylish, I'd wager. I see he's also turned his wrath on the Ultramarines - nice to see a post-Istvaan depiction of him!

Hehe, glad you like him! And yeah, the Ultramarines were actually test models for my 40k Ultras back then ^.^ - can't wait to use him in a ZM battle against my 30k Ultras' in the future :biggrin.:

Wow Angron looks great, you set the bar high with him.

I also recently bought myself an Angron model as I have wanted to paint him for years.... May hold off for a while now ;)

After all... There can be only one!

Did you manage to get the Reaver finished? 

Cool Angron. And who needs meltabombs and chainfists to open doors in Zone Mortalis when you've got a dreadnought-sized psycopath to charge through meters-thick walls. :tongue.:

True! Speaking about that - i hate ZM doors xD had zero meltabombs/meltaguns/chainfists in my Salamanders when i tried my first ZM game ... but atleast my Contemptor managed to break one open haha!

Angry Ron! Awsome work!!

Looking forward to seeing your take in the box set :cool.:

I ordered transfer sheets for both Ultramarines and Word Bearers, one set of Praetor Armour, some Word Bearer Upgrades, a WB Contemptor Dreadnought (any ideas how to equip him? i think i have a CCW, 2 lascannons and an autocannon here), and some other good friends of Lorgar :D

Atia i love your take on Angron do you have plans to get all the primarchs at some point

:blush.: Thanks!

Short answer - yes, someday :D

Long answer - two done, two are already here, two more to come early next year ^,^

Beautiful work on Angron! 

Looking forward to seeing what conversion/kitbash variations are possible with the GW kit. 

Thanks ^,^ I'm going to use Praetor Armour on the Ultramarines Veterans, and WB Upgrades and probably Mark V parts on the Word Bearers (inspired by Neil's work in Macragges Honour).

Wow Angron looks great, you set the bar high with him.

I also recently bought myself an Angron model as I have wanted to paint him for years.... May hold off for a while now :wink:

After all... There can be only one!

Did you manage to get the Reaver finished? 

Glad you (and all the others) like him - as i said, he was my first Heresy model painted years ago, so it's a huge compliment :)

The Reaver is still shelved and waits for some 30k Skitarii (and a new place in the painting schedule ^,^).

Still need to find a way to get the flames done, and probably need to gloss her up and add some Oil Wash to her - as soon as I start I'll post it here, no worries ^,^

Bloodcrushers

Khar'ak'jumakoshy'y, Daemonic Knights of Khorne

Only the strongest Bloodletters can hope to claim a Lesser Daemon of Khorne known as a Juggernaut as their mount. Such an undertaking is not for the weak, for a Bloodletter must drag forth its chosen mount from the Blood God's stockade and survive long enough to break the homicidal steed. Many aspiring daemons have leapt upon the back of an enraged Juggernaut, only to be thrown and crushed into an unrecognisable smear. However, once mastered, a Juggernaut becomes the most lethal of all war-mounts. Those who succeed become Bloodcrushers, Daemonic Knights of the Blood God, the resulting daemonic cavalry adding a new weapon to Khorne's arsenal. Bloodcrushers are feared for their almost unstoppable charges. They rush headlong into the thickest part of a battle, scattering opposition as pounding hooves pulverise those not quick enough to avoid the charge. Stunned enemies are relieved of the burden of their heads as the rider’s black Hellblade comes crashing down through their necks. The resultant spray of arterial blood rains down into the crushed forms that lie beneath the Bloodcrushers' feet, creating rings of carnage that leave behind a battlefield dotted with crimson circles of suffering.

med_gallery_79873_11473_52152.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_237174.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_242870.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_384729.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_328395.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_127638.jpg

Girl, your Khornate daemons are looking great. I love the way you do the reds, in combination with the black, it makes for a suitably scary and grizzly appearance. Also, the banner on those bloodletters is very itneresting (in a good way). And your basing. Impressive. Most impressive.

Honestly I think they just need a hug and they will calm down.

Nice looking models though Atia.

Awww, i bet they get alot of hugs when they are home at the brass citadel :D

Lovely, though skullcrushers look better with their awesome armor. :ph34r.:

Honestly I think they just need a hug and they will calm down.

So they're like beasts of Nurgle? :-D

Hehe, i still hope for some Siege of Terra WE Skullcrushers from FW! :P

Those Bloodcrushers are lovely! The colour transition on the Bloodletter heads is especially striking. Excellent job, Atia! :-)

Thanks High Overlord of Khorny Things :blush.:

Hell yeah. Love the deep red of the jugernauts and the colour fade on the riders. Nice photography, too, the overhead angles give them a sense of momentum.

Hehe thanks ^,^

Atia, your paintjobs are lovely, but I feel like the pictures do not do them justice. Perhaps a solid background and better lighting would help?

Thanks - yeah, pictures, my eternal struggle >.< - I try to get better, but atleast I got a better phone camera :D

Awesome Bloodcrushers!!

Bloodcrushers look awesome. Great work.

I like em. Keep on!

Thanks Guys =) Glad you like them!

Girl, your Khornate daemons are looking great. I love the way you do the reds, in combination with the black, it makes for a suitably scary and grizzly appearance. Also, the banner on those bloodletters is very itneresting (in a good way). And your basing. Impressive. Most impressive.

Thaaaaanks Auggi :blush.: :wub.:

Consider this subbed. Excellent job as usual.

Soooooo, what's next?

Thanks ^_^

Well ... next to do are the Skullcannon, two heralds and Ang'grath - but I have a few little teaser for beyond that :P

med_gallery_79873_11473_88040.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_108846.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_85353.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_33217.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_28497.jpg

+ The Ruinstorm calls - the Betrayal must begin - Calth must burn +