Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

As a base, I would think Imperial city, maybe use a Basilica or a Sanctum Imperialis knocked down with the Scorpion scuttling over it. Or even through it.

Something like this?

Or standing proud over a dead Imperial Knight?

Don''t overestimate the Scorpion's size.  It barely fits over one of the long links from the Promethium Relay Pipes. It's about the size of a Spartan.

More progress!! :D

med_gallery_79873_10492_201895.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_166071.jpg

That looks so smooth :ohmy.:

As a base, I would think Imperial city, maybe use a Basilica or a Sanctum Imperialis knocked down with the Scorpion scuttling over it. Or even through it.

Something like this?

Don''t overestimate the Scorpion's size. It barely fits over one of the long links from the Promethium Relay Pipes. It's about the size of a Spartan.

What Auggi said :P

med_gallery_79873_10492_202125.jpg

It's so shiny :biggrin.:

I grow ever closer to going "bugger it" and buying a Scorp, despite it having no place in my army. Although with the new CSM releases maybe...

Thanks! Well, I think you will be happy with GW in the future - even if you are a follower of Khorne ;)

Something like this?

Don''t overestimate the Scorpion's size.  It barely fits over one of the long links from the Promethium Relay Pipes. It's about the size of a Spartan.

I always over estimate the size of a scorpion. :wink:

But with the picture of it next to the "Fellblade"? I still think it would look cool scuttling over a ruined Imperial building.

Nice work Atia. I trust you will find a suitably impressive base. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

How about cutting away the helmet and replacing it with some poking out threads etc. Make it look like someone tore out the helmet (or even the entire inhabitant of the sarcophagus through the helmet-hole) as a trophy? 

I'm very much looking forward to this!

You just happen to have spare Calth dreads laying around to chop up for base decoration...? It was leaning that way before but you are now officially my hero

Awww :blush.:

How about cutting away the helmet and replacing it with some poking out threads etc. Make it look like someone tore out the helmet (or even the entire inhabitant of the sarcophagus through the helmet-hole) as a trophy? 

I'm very much looking forward to this!

Not sure about the helmet, as I want to try a white helmet stripe on him for my RG :tongue.:

But I have more than one plastic Contemptors so I'll keep the idea for the future :whistling:

I do like the idea, snip, snip, arms and legs gone. :biggrin.:

More blood for the Blood God.:woot:

Glad you like it :smile.:

He will still have one arm and a shoulder when he is finished though :tongue.:

Edited by Atia

The black looks so nice :ohmy.:

And the way you did the white :ohmy.:

What colors did you use?

Thanks buddy :)

The black was an experiment, so I'll go through the steps (actually, this is quite useful so I'll remember the scheme later lol - warning: this may read a bit confusing :P):

- Black Primer

- Basecoat of Corvus Black, FW airbrush paint. Now, I originally thought this was going to be awesome black - it isn't. It's pretty much german grey. So what I did was ....

- A layer of FW Deathshroud Clear Black over it. 

- Highlites with Corvus Black

- Highlites with Administratum Grey

- Some highlites with silver where you need it

- Than i did some transfer sheets

- After that, I thought the model looks a bit too much shiney (if you ever worked with the FW clear paints, you will know what I mean), so I sprayed a coat of Purity Seal over it. It also helps to unify the colours and tone everything down a bit.

- Now, for the weathering, I needed gloss varnish over the model again. Did that, than weathering with Rust Streaking effects. 

Here we are - I think I will keep it as it is, I quite like the glossy black atm.

The scrollwork is actually more bleached bone than white in real :)

I really like it, but, the arms look 'not fitted' rather than removed (snip snip) and the eyes, how they look powered up (alive), I would have gone for dead but, if alive is the look you went for, how terribly evil of you to have the occupant still alive. Trapped in a Ceramite coffin, waiting for the minions of the Chaos Gods to feast on his soul for all eternity. :devil:

I know that sounds harsh, sorry, it looks crackin, just I know how you value opinions and I think it would be even more AWSOME if the arms looked ripped off not removed ny a Techmarine. :tongue.:

Looks good. Quite an eloborate colour scheme, that. Perhaps you could find something simpler for your raven guard? My black is as follows: AP Matt Black, then zenithal spray of VGC Black Grey, then highlights with 1:1 AP Matt Black and Vallejo German Grey. :tu:

I really like it, but, the arms look 'not fitted' rather than removed (snip snip) and the eyes, how they look powered up (alive), I would have gone for dead but, if alive is the look you went for, how terribly evil of you to have the occupant still alive. Trapped in a Ceramite coffin, waiting for the minions of the Chaos Gods to feast on his soul for all eternity. :devil:

I know that sounds harsh, sorry, it looks crackin, just I know how you value opinions and I think it would be even more AWSOME if the arms looked ripped off not removed ny a Techmarine. :tongue.:

First it's not harsh =) - I probably shouldn't have teased that much :P

Actually, I didn't added the arms to the picture as they aren't glued on to the corpus yet :)

med_gallery_79873_10492_200056.jpg

if alive is the look you went for, how terribly evil of you to have the occupant still alive. Trapped in a Ceramite coffin, waiting for the minions of the Chaos Gods to feast on his soul for all eternity. :devil:

You may call me evil indeed.

The idea is that this was Brother Caravici, former member of the Legion High command and banner bearer. He was part of a so-called "Shattered Legion Vengeance" raid under the overall command of Primarch Corax himself - and yes, he is still alive. He just lost his legs. And one arm. And has a unholy daemon engine behind him ;)

Test fitting:

med_gallery_79873_10492_299807.jpg

Looks good. Quite an eloborate colour scheme, that. Perhaps you could find something simpler for your raven guard? My black is as follows: AP Matt Black, then zenithal spray of VGC Black Grey, then highlights with 1:1 AP Matt Black and Vallejo German Grey.

Can you send me some pics via pm Auggi? I need to say, I'm actually quite happy how the scheme turned out, especially after weathering. Really gives me the "shattered legions raven guard" feeling i got from the retribution arts :)

You....... :tongue.:

:drool: ....now I get that tingly "That's gorgeous" feeling, I love the idea of him trying, in vain, to crawl away from the Scorpion, with no legs and only one, damaged arm. :devil:

:blush.:  Forgive my foolishness, I should have known you would have something suitably evil / cruel / brilliant planned. :devil:

ERRRRRRR MA GERD that's freakin EPIC!!!!! You never cease to amaze and inspire your work is truly brilliant. Don't be surprised if you see an Acheron roaming around with a very similar base in a couple months ;) keep up the awesome work I can't wait to see more

Kreth'ilik

Matriarch of the Brass Brood, Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne, Incarnate Daemon Engine

Daemon Engines are beasts of living metal, towering engines of war driven not by technology, but by the will of a denizen of the Warp. The mightiest of these creatures are mechanical Daemons summoned into beeing, as was first seen during the dark days of the Shadow Crusade.

A towering monster of armour plating and hellish metal flesh, powered by burning souls and bearing an arsenal of murderous weapons, the Brass Scorpions are an example for the Incarnate Daemon Engines.

Her fearsome hellmaw cannons are able to unleash a torrent of red-hot, molten brass summoned from the Daemon Forge of Khorne himself, and between her twisted form can be seen tormented souls given physical form at the moment of the machine's manifestation.

There are some theories among loyalist Magi about how these hellish creatures first came into beeing Edited by Atia