Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Woooow comments!

Consider me teased! :devil:

Hehe mission accomplished! Want to finish them before ETL starts, so that I can focuse on Zarakynel .... :)

See? Deamon !!! She blatantly talks of teasing us with her warp enhanced powers of seductive painting and inspired bases. :eek:

:blush.:

That is one very forgetful Sergeant. Look at all those memos tacked onto his armour. Oh wait those are his preachy talk thingies.

:tongue.:

The paper is inquisitorial issue fire lighters. They are so the heretic burns better :wink:

Great job, can't wait for the balance of the squad!

Lol. I bet the Ultramarines were all like "Aw, you got nice Oath of Moments on your armour!" when they first met him at Calth ...

mk.V shoulder pads yay!

He looks good.

Mark V production armour yay! Best pattern they ever made!

Loving your take on these sons of Aurelian.

Thanks =) Glad you like them!

Atia

Do you think space marines always put the studded shoulder guard on the left I know they do in MKVI but does it always have to be that way?

I guess it depends. I think production Mark V and VI (as it comes from the forges of the Mechanicum) got the studded shoulder on the left arm.

Field modifications can be applied to right, left or even both sides, as shown via Forgeworld artwork:

gallery_79873_10492_21553.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_17599.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_24896.jpg

Yes truly sorry Atia....but hopefully you have more word bearers for us soon

No worries, fluff is cool, and questioning my pads too! :P

I still have a bunch to go no worries ^.^

God the WB upgrades look good.

Top work as usual A!

Thanks =)

Well, I'm jealous of your painting skills. That contemptor blew me away. It's given me a wee bit of inspiration for when I finally paint my B@C set. :smile.:

:blush.: glad you like them!

I am sure I read somewhere that the studs were to fix the armour that had to be botched following the Horus/Emperor spat. Anything that could be scavenged was bolted on to the armour that needed repairing.

So, you can put studded armour pieces any where. I guess.

I also remember reading that Space Marine Armour needed up armouring due to the fact that SM were now fighting against their own weapons. Boltguns etc.

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS

I am sure I read somewhere that the studs were to fix the armour that had to be botched following the Horus/Emperor spat. Anything that could be scavenged was bolted on to the armour that needed repairing.

So, you can put studded armour pieces any where. I guess.

I also remember reading that Space Marine Armour needed up armouring due to the fact that SM were now fighting against their own weapons. Boltguns etc.

Yeah well, tbh, they changed the background about power armours two or three times now. From what i gathered, there is basically production Mark V (the sets FW sells) and non-production Mark V (prototype wargear, selfmade armour). Studs were used before though, to enhance mark IV plates (and they can be found everywhere there too!).

Anyways, little teaser for ETL!

med_gallery_79873_11473_184578.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_114891.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_2355.jpg

Hah! I like how her tongue is on the ground.

No jokes though, that model was seriously annoying to assemble (soooo many spikes), but an absolute blast to paint. I've never had so much fun airbrushing fifty shades of gray/white/flesh before.

Can't wait to see how your one turns out!

P.S.

I just fielded her in a game today against Astra militarum and allied Knights. She is invincible (2++ save with warp surge and FNP kicks ass!)

Hah! I like how her tongue is on the ground.

No jokes though, that model was seriously annoying to assemble (soooo many spikes), but an absolute blast to paint. I've never had so much fun airbrushing fifty shades of gray/white/flesh before.

Can't wait to see how your one turns out!

P.S.

I just fielded her in a game today against Astra militarum and allied Knights. She is invincible (2++ save with warp surge and FNP kicks ass!)

Yep, it's on the annoying to assemble level of Samael on his Jetbike *shudders*

But besides that, it's an awesome sculpt! 

Looking forward to seeing her painted!

It's the loin cloth. You don't know which gender you're going to find underneath. Hence the "tease."

:wink:

gallery_70393_9896_2621.jpg
Rarity would only blush at the loincloth itself. And it would be have to be particularly radiant.

Unless you're on tumblr. Everything is evil there...

Nice model to pick for ETL action atia,I look forward to seeing it done ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

My progress slowed a bit down this month, as I first got a cold and than had to go to the hospital. Anyways, I'm back, and fit again. I did some progress on Zarakynel today!

med_gallery_79873_10492_239382.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_346580.jpg

Of course there is still a lot to do, but I'm looking forward to the details! Also ... Auggi made me planning my second ETL vow already :tongue.:

med_gallery_79873_10492_306812.jpg

Edited by Atia

Holy cow, that looks great. And she/it isn't finished? :ohmy.:

Isn't finished as I still need to paint up some of her hair-tentacles and her sword ^.^

Zarakynel

Bringer of Torments, Souleater, Unholy One, Angel of Despair, The First Maiden, The Girl You Dated Last Summer, Exalted Keeper of Secrets, Lady of the Abyss, Daemonqueen of Slaanesh

med_gallery_79873_10492_213240.jpg

Of all Slaanesh's unholy servants, the name of Zarakynel is revered above any other Keeper of Secrets. Summoned from the darkest recesses of the human psyche, Zarakynel was bestowed Daemonhood as Slaanesh's perfect creation. Zarakynel is the physical representation of Mankind's repressed emotions of jealousy, sadistic pleasure and carnal desire. This potent mix contributed to the creation of the Dark Prince's most feared and prolific daemonic killer.

Zarakynel is well known to the Farseers of the Eldar race. Eldar tales speak of Zarakynel preying upon their race several times since their Fall. The Greater Daemon has ravaged several Exodite worlds on multiple occasions, slaughtering their kin and feasting upon their Spirit Stones, condemning them to eternal torment at the whims of her dark patron Slaanesh.

med_gallery_79873_10492_200328.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_39964.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_77165.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_220031.jpg