Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

"Oh man, what could be more awesome than a freakin' flamethrower on my jetbike!" - last words of Master Nae'smo, shortly before incinerating himself at high speed

....that being said, that bike looks insanely awesome :D Really interested in seeing paint on this guy and that amazing Deredeo! I had never been able to say Salamanders excited me in any way before this thread :)

Arkathas Ythedon

Consul-Delegatus of the Sons of Horus, Chieftain of the Catulan Reavers, Commander of the Ikon , Voice of the Dark Compliance

gallery_79873_10424_4798.jpg

The following depictions of a Sons of Horus Chieftain are based on the few extant images from the Dark Compliance of Moab. This unknown officer of the first company was later identified as Arkathas Ythedon, who was given the command over the Eclipse class battlecruiser Ikon aswell as the rank of Pērāḷarākavum-tūtaraka (or Consul-Delegatus in high gothic) after the Massacre of Isstvan V. Also known as Scourge of the Cyclops Cluster and Voice of the Dark Compliance, this emissary of the Warmaster stands for the cruelty of the Sons of Horus.

gallery_79873_10424_51769.jpg

"Bow before Him who is the Warmaster,

abase yourselves before His truth.

Serve those who serve Him,

harken only to their words.

The Imperium is His. Mankind is His.

You are His.

Submit to the Warmaster, or die by His hand.

There is no other choice, and you will be given the

chance to kneel but once.

Horus is Lord. Horus is Death."

- Arkathas Ythedon, during the Scouring of the Cyclops Cluster, 006.M31

gallery_79873_10424_83720.jpg

Ythedon is depicted here wearing a variant sub-pattern of MkIV Astartes power armour, initially issued to Reaver squads and their commanders around the time of the Isstvan V Dropsite Massacre (see "Reaver sub-pattern armour, mechanicum-artificer-data 24564.54a). The Reaver pattern incorporates elements of armour design reminiscent of the warring gang-tribes of Cthonia and two Eyes of the Warmaster icons. Note: Charatran pattern power-axe.

gallery_79873_10424_67648.jpg

gallery_79873_10424_15786.jpg

replies: :smile.:

Awesome use of the skull-head-thing!

thanks Slip, and thanks again for the idea too :tongue.:

hope you like him

Like him? He looks like a right pansy!

Only joking, please don't hurt me :ph34r.:

ha, the boys from Southpark would call him "fag" :tongue.: glad you like him ^____^

I'm a huge fan of that Jetbike - your greestuff skills are really working well with the Sallies Atia

thanks Master IHF :smile.:

"Oh man, what could be more awesome than a freakin' flamethrower on my jetbike!" - last words of Master Nae'smo, shortly before incinerating himself at high speed

....that being said, that bike looks insanely awesome. Really interested in seeing paint on this guy and that amazing Deredeo! I had never been able to say Salamanders excited me in any way before this thread :smile.:

xD ok, that's great^^ but lets be honest, there isn't a flame strong enough to incinerate a Salamander :tongue.:

Edited by Atia

Ancient Rakarok

The Dragon of Canedis, formerly known as " Rakarok Skyfire"

A Veteran of the Legion's battles before the XVIIIth was united with its Primarch, Rakarok bears a long list of honours and advanced to the rank of Captain of a Devastator-Cohort of the Realm of Hesiod before his mortal wounding at the Siege of Accatran.

gallery_79873_10422_101420.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_128794.jpg

Note: Later Crusade issue Deredeo Dreadnought chassis - a dedicated heavy support frame, though it shares many core components and systems with the more general assault-based Contemptor class. Initially deployed in limited numbers to each of the Legions due to difficulties in its manufacture, its durability and firepower saw demand for the Deredeo pattern dramatically increase after the outbreak of the Horus Heresy.

gallery_79873_10422_96569.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_61660.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_62899.jpg

Note: Rakarok's chassis was an exemplar of the first prototypes of the Deredeo delivered to the Legion's armouries which were subjected to numerous repairs by the Legion's artificer-smiths. These inculded structural reinforcement of the main armour plating with "Nocturnean scales" (see AdMechData.447145.a.5 - Salamander damage repairs)

gallery_79873_10422_34201.jpg

Note: Mounted onto the carapace of the Dreadnought, the Aiolos missile launcher which, with its sophisticated targeting system, can track targets independently of the primary weapons system and regardless of intervening terrain.

gallery_79873_10422_93924.jpg

Ooooh, nice and spiky, hope he didnt prick your fingers while you painted him.

and flame throwers on jetbikes.... Yay very cool looking...

Keep it up Atia

thanks Dantay =) haha, it needs more than a little Son of Horus to hurt the Lady of the Rumour tower :-P

*drops hobby tools* OK Atia. I'm going home.

Dat jetbike....

Sorry, that consul looks great, but I cannot talk about him when there's this jetbike awesomesauce. Get paint on it. NOW.

haha, glad you like him :-P i'll paint him soon, but i need to finish my 'manders Contemptor first for the HH Casual Challange :-/

The character you add with such small flourishes... unbelievable - great viewing!

thanks Chaeron :-)

LOVE your work!!!

:blush.: you were one of the first aswell as my best follower back then on Warseer, it's great to see you here AO!

Only just discovered this....great work

Death guard are spot on

thanks :-P i'll finish the last Death Guard models on my list in the next months (Spartan and some infantry)

The red on that consul is ace. really fits the legion during its whole "we're the harbingers of death, yadda yadda" phase

gnehe, yeah^^ i think, if this guy survives the heresy, he'll become a follower of the Khorne-flakes :-P

Edited by Atia

I love the idea of the scales and you really pulled it off, however I don't feel this is your strongest work. I think the metals look too clean and polished especially compared to some of your other work. If that's what you where going for then great but that's my thoughts.

It also probably doesn't help that I don't like the model that much anyway....

Jet bike looks exciting though, looking forward to seeing more!

Looks great, but is that a Starfleet logo on his kneeplate? :biggrin.:

http://s29.postimg.org/ban7c1luf/starfleet.png

(sorry, just noticed it) :smile.:

It's a stylized representation of Mt. Deathfire on Nocturne, as can be seen on, among others, Ancient Grenn. A variation is seen on the Deimos Predator Infernus.

Ancient Grenn

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/0/01/SA_Ancient_Grenn.jpg

Deimos Predator Infernus

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/4/45/Salamanders_Predator_Infernus.jpg

Edited by Carlson793

thanks for the comments @ all =)

here's what i've planned for the next weeks:

Archmagos Draykavak for Auggi's Arena Challenge:

gallery_79873_10422_73052.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_66441.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_72498.jpg

Salamanders Contemptor Dreadnought, Ancient Grenn, for the Casual Hobby Challenge:

gallery_79873_10422_106561.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_90207.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_50001.jpg

Salamanders Firedrake Skyhunters:

gallery_79873_10422_80517.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_127624.jpg

oh, and i need to build a Thousand Sons Consul Praevian for the March of the Legions :tongue.:any ideas?

I love the idea of the scales and you really pulled it off, however I don't feel this is your strongest work. I think the metals look too clean and polished especially compared to some of your other work. If that's what you where going for then great but that's my thoughts.

It also probably doesn't help that I don't like the model that much anyway....

Jet bike looks exciting though, looking forward to seeing more!

thanks for the feedback fangbanger :smile.: i may update the metals when i paint the contemptor :tongue.:

Is that the 80mm base? Looks like a 60

it's the 80mm base :tongue.:

gallery_79873_10422_10863.jpg

greetings,

Atia

Edited by Atia