Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Howdy!

You're going to love what's coming from FW:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/MDYNFG547H9_SFDG54R43A.jpg

yep, i planned him since a few weeks, and as i saw that picture in their bulletin i was like: "omg, forgeworld has stolen my ideas for HH word bearers QQ" but .... forgeworlds is a contemptor and mine a castra-ferrum, so it's fine :tongue.:

I think only a week to go before more news on "That" dreadnought. ..

But can one ever have enough dreads :-)

Nice work Atia..look forward to more progress

yep, can't wait for next weekend! and dreads of all kind are awesome, aren't they?

GrandMagnus and Larkyn
  • Like 2

The dread looks pretty great so far, Atia. The only thing I would say is maybe you should give a bit of extra conversion to the helmet? It just seems a little out of place when you compare it to the rest of the model. Just my two cents, ma'am.  Can't wait to see it painted.

Nice work! Great idea and very tidy this far. I sort of agree with the helmet but not sure what the alternative is? Some of the MkIV head with the more aggressive faceplates might work? (Not saying that the current mini doesn't work - it is undoubtedly awesome!!)

The Red is very good. What colour are you planning for the trim?

Cool beans! I'm loving that metallic crimson... may have to borrow that a bit for my March of Legions project :biggrin.:

I'd say it looks pretty much spot on as is. Any more washing and it may start to look a little grubby. 

Are you going to stick with the dark silver trim?

Edited by Flint13

Howdy! wow, so many replies :ohmy.::biggrin.:

Awesome work on the Gal Vorbak dread

thanks Master Hydra! =)

I find that red very interesting as is. :happy.:

mwah haha :devil: good to see more people falling to the true word of lorgar

interesting idea on the metallic red looks good so far .looking forward to seeing how it turns out on the whole model

Cool beans! I'm loving that metallic crimson... may have to borrow that a bit for my March of Legions project :biggrin.:

I'd say it looks pretty much spot on as is. Any more washing and it may start to look a little grubby.

Are you going to stick with the dark silver trim?

:thanks: buddies :smile.: i will keep the red as it is, and use a dark silver for the trim, like FW's artworks (although i'll do the shoulders red)

gallery_79873_10425_10001.jpg

The dread looks pretty great so far, Atia. The only thing I would say is maybe you should give a bit of extra conversion to the helmet? It just seems a little out of place when you compare it to the rest of the model. Just my two cents, ma'am. Can't wait to see it painted.

Nice work! Great idea and very tidy this far. I sort of agree with the helmet but not sure what the alternative is? Some of the MkIV head with the more aggressive faceplates might work? (Not saying that the current mini doesn't work - it is undoubtedly awesome!!)

The Red is very good. What colour are you planning for the trim?

yeah, the helmet: sadly you can't change him after you build the dread, as you need to assemble him like that:

med_gallery_79873_10425_80072.jpg

but, atleast he has a tiny horn at his forehead :smile.: (and i love mk iv helmets! with tiny horns xD)

Gonna agree and say keep the red as is...it still coming across with a metallic tint at the mo..
    Have you tried tamiya clear as an alternative?
    Looking good Atia

yeah, the problem with tamiya paints, i wasn't able to get them here, which makes me sad (also i don't have an air-brush :{ )

And just like that, I'm out of "likes" again.

Those are possibly the finest looking members of the XVIII Legion I have ever seen. :biggrin.:

hehe, thanks Relict =) i still have to do 17 power armour dudes, 10 Jetbikes, 3 Dreadnoughts and 2 Tanks :teehee: ohhh, and Vulkan :tongue.:

Edited by Atia

Well, you seem to be one of the rare breed who can crank out volume and quality. You are doing a different Legion every month while I'm still trudging along with my World Eaters (granted, I have 3500 points of them plus Angron and Khârn). 

Can't wait to see what you can do with the XII Legion when we get to that point. 

Those are some of the coolest Salamanders I've seen. Also, I love where this dread is going. I had briefly wondered if the MkIV helm would work with the 'brute kit, I'm glad it does and yours is looking excellent. It's nice to see a heresy-era castraferrum, too, they tend to get overlooked a little.

Howdy =)

Well, you seem to be one of the rare breed who can crank out volume and quality. You are doing a different Legion every month while I'm still trudging along with my World Eaters (granted, I have 3500 points of them plus Angron and Kh Edited by Atia

Flint! That is outstanding!!!! Is there any chapter you can't paint? Great job

What exactly does the blood for the blood God do?

HAHAHA this is exactly what happened to me when I started following this thread. Mixing Flint and Atia up, both being female and both having a Frozen avatar. Lolz

Great job Atia! So let me get this clear: this is a 30K dread, a gal vorbak dreadnought so to speak?

Howdy again :tongue.:

i've done the last touch-ups on my Knight Paladin today (dirt, verdigris and rust aswell as the name), so here is:

Dame Vespasia, Knight-Auctellera auf House Makabius, rider of "Tower Breaker"

Vespasia was one of the traitors who attacked the Black Tower of Baroda, where she had slain atleast 3 of her former masters in close combat. She also participated in the Assault on Dominica Minor alongside other Knights of House Makabius under the lead of the sinister Mortarion, Primarch of the Death Guard Legion.

gallery_79873_10444_20434.jpg

gallery_79873_10444_125652.jpg

gallery_79873_10444_36459.jpg

gallery_79873_10444_156948.jpg

Note: Questoris pattern Knight Paladin "Tower Breaker"

gallery_79873_10444_142479.jpg

gallery_79873_10444_7860.jpg

gallery_79873_10444_95903.jpg

hope you like her =)

That is outstanding!!!! Is there any chapter you can't paint? Great job

What exactly does the blood for the blood God do?
    thanks recon! i use the thinned down Blood for the Blood Good instead of Tamiya Clear Red, and i think it has done it's job well :tongue.:

That metallic red is gorgeous, the dread is coming along swimmingly and those Salamanders are great.

Yu are giving EdT's metallic red Thousand Sons a real run for their money :smile.:

gnehe, thanks dantay :smile.: it's funny, a few years ago "non metal metalic" was "cool", and now with forgeworlds HH, "metal colours" are a thing :tongue.:

EdT's work is great, and gives us a climpse of how awesome "metal colours" are :tongue.:

Great job Atia! So let me get this clear: this is a 30K dread, a gal vorbak dreadnought so to speak?

thanks Auggi :tongue.: yep, yep, yep, it's the little brother of this guy:

med_gallery_79873_10428_24659.jpg

i imagine them as de-facto the first hellbrutes of the Word Beares, but instead of mad dreads this guys are sane (like the other gal vorbaks)

That red is beautiful, Atia, great work. Any chance for some close ups of the mouth/face?

you will get more pictures of Anaziel when he's finished (and if i manage to do good pictures from his head section >.>)

Edit:

gallery_79873_10425_70794.jpg

The hellbrute is really impressive, the color is exactly the same with the books.

thanks Chickenleg =)

Edited by Atia

Awww Anaziel looks so cuddly... in a murderous, heretical kind of way... :D Looks great Atia, lots of character and a great paintjob.

Are you considering getting the FW WB contemptor, either the regular one or the Gal Vorbak version? You know you cant have to many dreadnoughts :P