Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

So I don't check on the thread for a while and you do this.....

God help the ultras, because. No one else can!

Hehe :P

Good for the smurfs - I won't do them any time soon. But my next projects will be Assassins, Sisters and Raven Guard, so my Word Bearers will have someone to battle :P

Oooo a laG arahM

Silver undercoat????

Interesting Atia..interesting

All hail the mighty warpy dread!

And yeah, all my Word Bearers have a silver undercoat ^.^

MAN I missed a lot. I was like "let's go to Atia's thread for a peek, haven't been there in a while" and I get drowned in Gal Vorbak, Layak and his Blade Slaves, and soon the Mara Ghal. Fantastic work all around, Atia. Your painting is beautiful as always!

Awww. I missed you too Auggi! And no worries, I'm rather busy myself. Atleast there are "only" 22 Word Bearers and a few cultists to go - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel already! And the sprues for my next projects are already waiting (actually, I'm so busy that I can't even paint Bloodbowl in time ...). And I still need a scheme for both my Zone Mortalis board and my Cultists >.<

One shiny Scorpion. Looks kewl!

Thanks Charlo :)

What's that I see in the background of your teaser? :wink::ohmy.:

Hehe, hehe, someone saw them :blush.: :ph34r.:

Gal Vorbak

The Blessed Sons, Dark Brethren, Possessed of the Word Bearers Legion

gallery_79873_10492_272802.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_10352.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_122184.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_187499.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_3986.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_229889.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_80462.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_30402.jpg

Hope you like ^.^

Oof, that one with the long tentacle arm makes me feel so uncomfortable.

Hehe, but he just wants to play. And I bet he has much love to share ;)

That rat-dude is majestic. In a gnarly, nasty sense of the word. :wink:

Yeah, he is possessed by one of the many minor deities of the Warp. Some Gal Vorbak are possessed by daemons of the big four (and it's said these are the mightiest of their kind), others share their body with an undivided warp hunter (especially the ones created after Istvaan I heard), while others are known to be possessed by creatures spawned from these dark gods known as Malice, Phraz-Etar, Hashut or the Great Horned Rat ;)

HASHUT HYPE.

Now you need one with a very tall hat.

On fire.

With Horns.

And Hooves.

Hahahaha. Sadly all of them are converted already ^^

That said, one of them is burning. We don't know if he is possessed by some daemon of tzeentch, or by a K'Daii firedaemon of Hashut ;)

And I really hope FW does some Chaos Squats one day lol >.>^^

They're very good possessed

They are simply awesome Atia, why the silver undercoat, if you don't mind my asking?

Glad you like them^^

I'm using a silver undercoat as my Word Bearers (like Forgeworlds) have a metallic red. So I paint them a bit like my Brass Scorpion - silver basecoat, lighter zenithal highlites, a wash and a coat of clear paint (in the case of the Word Bearers it's thinned down Blood for the Bloodgod). Than highlites, transfer sheets, weathering. A last coat of purity seal brings it all together (and makes it less glossy). It's also pretty similiar to the methods Mark Bedford uses for his armies ^.^

Your Gal Vorbak are excellent! Love the extra models you've converted.

Thanks! Yeah, I hate it to have the same model twice in the same unit/army, so I had to change them up in order to have a nasty 10 man unit. Was lot of fun to convert them :smile.:

In other news, I made an unboxing of the Ultramarine Herald:

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/2016/10/ultramarines-legion-herald-unboxing.html

And the other bunnies made an unboxing for Prospero in case you are interested:

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/2016/10/burning-of-prospero-unboxing-videos.html

Once my Word Bearers are done I'll focuse on some Chaos Cultists, Assassins and Sisters of Silence :)

Edited by Atia

Hot damn, Atia, that's more fantastic work! The scorpion is gorgeous, of course, but those Gal Vorbak really take the cake: I love how you have managed to create models that move beyond the stock Forgeworld models while also looking completely at home next to them. Brilliant stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry Atia, but although it is painted with your usual brilliance and flair, it looks a little ungainly to me, I think it's the hips.

I do like the Plasma Cannon lighting, looks fully charged and ready to ruin some ones day.

Sorry to be a party pooper. :blush.:

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS

That Mhara Gal Dread is fantastically crusty looking the first thing that came to mind when I saw him was I bet the other legionaires call him "uncle filthy" awesome work as always Atia and I can't wait to see what you do with that librarian I wasn't fortunate enough to get my hands on.

I love the balance in the pose of the Mhara Gal.  The colours and painting are also excellent as always, Atia.

Really sorry Atia, but although it is painted with your usual brilliance and flair, it looks a little ungainly to me, I think it's the hips.

I do like the Plasma Cannon lighting, looks fully charged and ready to ruin some ones day.

Sorry to be a party pooper. :blush.:

Hehe no worries. In fact - that's what I wanted to achieve. The Mhara Gal is a possessed dreadnought - and like his smaller Gal Vorbak brethren he isn't really supposed to be .... normal :tongue.:. I imagine he would be a bit like frankensteins' monster - weird walking, almost like a disgusting, daemonic abomination. 

That Mhara Gal Dread is fantastically crusty looking the first thing that came to mind when I saw him was I bet the other legionaires call him "uncle filthy" awesome work as always Atia and I can't wait to see what you do with that librarian I wasn't fortunate enough to get my hands on.

Glad you like him :smile.:

The librarian is infact the next model I'll paint :tongue.:

Lovely stuff Atia, lovely stuff!

Thaaaanks Captain! :blush.:
Edited by Atia

this is getting better and better. Looking forward to the librarian. what is the changeling doing here? And a herald and pink horrors next? 

Hehe thanks :)

The changeling is just an one off project for my growing daemons army - in fact I just paint him to have something tzeentchy for the Call of Chaos. I'll wait for any other tzeentch daemons stuff 'till GW releases the next plastic wave(s) :P

this is getting better and better. Looking forward to the librarian. what is the changeling doing here? And a herald and pink horrors next? 

Hehe thanks :smile.:

The changeling is just an one off project for my growing daemons army - in fact I just paint him to have something tzeentchy for the Call of Chaos. I'll wait for any other tzeentch daemons stuff 'till GW releases the next plastic wave(s) :tongue.:

i started gathering some horrors. grey word bearers > horrors > flesh change > Gal Vorbak > red word bearers. Wish I were as talented as you. Or at least as productive ;) 

Ah, I see, what I saw as an issue, you planned, showing the possession of the Contemptor leading it to be ungainly and unsure of its motion.

Now I see the brilliance and depth of your planning and skills.

I retract my earlier statement and dof my hat to your obvious skills. (be them posing, painting or quick thinking. :wink: )