Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Hiho =)

Awww Anaziel looks so cuddly... in a murderous, heretical kind of way... :biggrin.: Looks great Atia, lots of character and a great paintjob.

Are you considering getting the FW WB contemptor, either the regular one or the Gal Vorbak version? You know you cant have to many dreadnoughts :tongue.:

of course! i want to use the gal vorbak contemptor for my future Word Bearers =) he's soooo awesome

Flint! That is outstanding!!!! Is there any chapter you can't paint? Great job

What exactly does the blood for the blood God do?

HAHAHA this is exactly what happened to me when I started following this thread. Mixing Flint and Atia up, both being female and both having a Frozen avatar. Lolz

Great job Atia! So let me get this clear: this is a 30K dread, a gal vorbak dreadnought so to speak?

... This is unacceptable. How can you mix up Atia and me? I'm a ginger.

and Atia's avvy is Rapunzel. Elsa is frostier.

@ Atia - You go girl, that dread is looking hella good. The metallic red looks even better when it's got that silver trim and those bone colored prayer papers framing it. 

*snipped for brevity*

*snipped for brevity*

@ Atia - You go girl, that dread is looking hella good. The metallic red looks even better when it's got that silver trim and those bone colored prayer papers framing it. 

Its easiest for me to tell the difference because one avatar I see in the CSM section the most; the other in 30k.

Also, Flint, to be fair, most of your Avatars are Black/Brunette/Blonde would be hard for us to know you literally have no soul if we have to guess from those pictures to determine IRL hair color :p

OT: How did you do the Runes? Silver Sharpie or amazing Brush Control? I'm thinking of doing something like this on my Chaplain Dread but obviously less Chaos. Also like how you did the Eyes on the Pyroclasts; I would've just slapped some white in there and Glazed it or something :p

Howdy :smile.:

Anaziel the Ascended,

Annunake of the Gal Vorbak, Host of "Pehlzepu", "Helbrute" of the Word Bearers, Ferrus Infernum, Butcher of Armatura, Mahra Gal Dreadnought

First encountered during the Battle of Armatura, the Shadow Crusade which ravaged Ultramar confirmed the existence of this creature and it's kin. It's resembles a early MkIII-Castra Ferrum, but represent a mocking blasphemy of all the Dreadnought once stood for. The flesh of Anaziel, former Terminator Veteran of the Serrated Sun has melded with the metal of the Dreadnought itself so that parts of the machine appear to be made of daemonic flesh. Although his chaotic appereance, it seems that the mind of Anaziel is clear, like his Gal Vorbak brethren. We can only hope that this kind of creature doesn't start to appear within the other traitor Legions .....

gallery_79873_10425_5045.jpg

gallery_79873_10425_31578.jpg

gallery_79873_10425_5819.jpg

gallery_79873_10425_93444.jpg

gallery_79873_10425_99219.jpg

@ Atia - You go girl, that dread is looking hella good. The metallic red looks even better when it's got that silver trim and those bone colored prayer papers framing it.

thanks girl :tongue.:

OT: How did you do the Runes? Silver Sharpie or amazing Brush Control? I'm thinking of doing something like this on my Chaplain Dread but obviously less Chaos. Also like how you did the Eyes on the Pyroclasts; I would've just slapped some white in there and Glazed it or something :tongue.:

i painted them with my brush^^ glad you like him :smile.:

Great work on that dread. I don't like the model, but your paint job is exellent.
Your Salamander looking ace. The green and the flames are superb.

hehe, i know many dislike the boxy dreads^^ but thanks though :tongue.:

Edited by Atia

Your helbrute  is looking lovely. 

I have a few minor critiques of the fluff though. I believe you mean melded instead of meldet. Also I found the last line somewhat disjointed. You wouldn't say "appear at the other legions..." Personally, I'd suggest something along the lines of "...hope that this creature doesn't start to appear within the other traitor Legions..." or perhaps "as part of the other traitor Legions. 

Semantics aside, it's a beautiful model. I really like the script.

Hope this helps.

Dallo

Wow! It's been a while. Let's see, first off those pyroclasts are looking great, can't wait to see more of those. The helbrute is just magnificent, and if it wasn't already looking great before, those runes really brought him to another level. I hope to god that that mechanicum priest signals the arrival of your reaver build, although the Spartan depthcharge12 is talking about would also be great in your beautiful paint scheme. MOAR?

Now, as for that OT frater mix-up business:

HAHAHA this is exactly what happened to me when I started following this thread. Mixing Flint and Atia up, both being female and both having a Frozen avatar. Lolz

Great job Atia! So let me get this clear: this is a 30K dread, a gal vorbak dreadnought so to speak?

Yeah.... even though this is about the looks of you two's avatars, I'm not falling for this one...

tumblr_n0ue3w4uZQ1ts4ubeo1_500.gif

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Howdy!

Titan for the lads? :biggrin.:

He'll be the first model for my next big HH project (the first Battle of Paramar) ... but i want to finish my Salamanders and Death Guard first before going full Alpha Legion, Legio Fureans and Iron Warriors :tongue.:

So did you ever finish that Spartan from eons ago Atia?

If you did, you can join the official Spartan Survivors group. It says you built one to completion and have more willpower than a Death Guard legionary.

hehe, he's shelfed atm ... i'll finish him after i've done the Salamanders infantry though :tongue.:

Wow! It's been a while. Let's see, first off those pyroclasts are looking great, can't wait to see more of those. The helbrute is just magnificent, and if it wasn't already looking great before, those runes really brought him to another level. I hope to god that that mechanicum priest signals the arrival of your reaver build, although the Spartan depthcharge12 is talking about would also be great in your beautiful paint scheme. MOAR?

Now, as for that OT frater mix-up business:

Yeah.... even though this is about the looks of you two's avatars, I'm not falling for this one...

tumblr_n0ue3w4uZQ1ts4ubeo1_500.gif

thanks Auggi =) glad you like the dread and the pyroclasts so far :tongue.: and yes, i'll start to work on the titan soon (i can't paint him now, but i can assemble him and prepare him and Vulkan for the ETL :tongue.:)

Edited by Atia

Vulkan and a titan for the ETL??

That'll make the AoD or HH forums really happy because 1. Big points pledge & 2. Your painting rocks!

Your Knight is excellent, good colours and nice weathering too.

The Helbrute is wicked, the runic work is nice, you must have really steady hands. If it was me I am not sure how I would have done the, maybescrape the paint back to the silver?? Who knows, but looking excellent either way :)

Love how that dread turned out. The script and symbols on the hull are a superb finishing touch. That's definitely my favourite mini made from the helbrute kit that I've seen so far.

If I have a complaint, it's that it's really distracting me from the Blood Angels I should be working on, because it's making me want to go out and get a helbrute kit.

Edited by A Kvlt Ghost

First time I've looked in here for a week or two Atia - amazing progress as always. I'm very excited to see you working on a Battle of Paramar project, but I'm happy to wait to see your completed Salamander army before that happens. Love your pyroclasts. Keep the amazing, and infuriatingly fast, work!

K'V

Howdy!

Vulkan and a titan for the ETL??

That'll make the AoD or HH forums really happy because 1. Big points pledge & 2. Your painting rocks!

Your Knight is excellent, good colours and nice weathering too.

The Helbrute is wicked, the runic work is nice, you must have really steady hands. If it was me I am not sure how I would have done the, maybescrape the paint back to the silver?? Who knows, but looking excellent either way :smile.:

thanks dantay! i've though about an engraving stylus (and bought one), but it doesn't worked that great on GW's plastic :/ so i went with "clear freehand runes"^^

Love how that dread turned out. The script and symbols on the hull are a superb finishing touch. That's definitely my favourite mini made from the helbrute kit that I've seen so far.

If I have a complaint, it's that it's really distracting me from the Blood Angels I should be working on, because it's making me want to go out and get a helbrute kit.

hehe, i had the same problem since the helbrute came out .... it was an awesome model, but doesn't fit into my painting schedule :tongue.: march of the legions: thanks :smile.:

First time I've looked in here for a week or two Atia - amazing progress as always. I'm very excited to see you working on a Battle of Paramar project, but I'm happy to wait to see your completed Salamander army before that happens. Love your pyroclasts. Keep the amazing, and infuriatingly fast, work!

K'V

:thanks: Master Kor'vesh! I've done little work on the Pyroclasts' bodies (last touch-ups) and prepared the hands:

gallery_79873_10422_75721.jpg

Edit:

And here's my SoH Forgelord kitbash i've done today .... he was meant to be my March of the Legions model for next month, but with the upcoming release of ForgeWorlds Airbrush colours (they should be matching their Legion-artworks) i'll do something in first company colours and safe him for later :wink:

med_gallery_79873_10425_205657.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10425_227955.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10425_139029.jpg

Greetings,

Atia =)

Edited by Atia

Finally got a chance to go through the whole thing and now, as promised, I will say something :tongue.:

First, your eyes are amazing. For example, your Alpha Legion Librarian had some of my favorite eyes. 

Your metallic colors are great. 

How you weather your guys is awesome. It is the right balance, and your Nurgle guys look perfect with it. 

I do have a question, though. Could you get a closer up picture of one of your Pyroclasts? 

Also, what do you use to write those words and do those fine details on the scrolls?

And... subscribed to the thread...

Edited by Arkangilos

Howdy!

Finally got a chance to go through the whole thing and now, as promised, I will say something :tongue.:

First, your eyes are amazing. For example, your Alpha Legion Librarian had some of my favorite eyes.

Your metallic colors are great.

How you weather your guys is awesome. It is the right balance, and your Nurgle guys look perfect with it.

I do have a question, though. Could you get a closer up picture of one of your Pyroclasts?

Also, what do you use to write those words and do those fine details on the scrolls?

And... subscribed to the thread...

thanks .... (EDIT: better you would never have described thanks good life) i just used a fine brush and a nuln oil/imperial primer mix for the inscription^^

gallery_79873_10422_92031.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_77018.jpg

Oh, what's that? Servo arm on a jump pack?

http://i.imgur.com/CsRTrgs.gif

hehehe, glad you like him :tongue.: i want to do give my SoH some Thallax (when i find some time for them), so i need a Forgelord with jump-pack :tongue.:

I'm currently working on prepare my vows for next ETL :smile.:

THE WRATH OF INCALADION WILL COME UPON THEM ...

med_gallery_79873_10444_68666.jpg

it ... starts ....

Hell to the Yes!

I'm saving my Reaver for the ETL too. Big points for the Heresy!

yep! traitors and loyalists side by side for the glory of ETL .... such heretical times :tongue.:

Edited by Atia