Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Uww so many comments :wub.:

Omg the candlelight <3

Kor Pharon looks great in red. The glow from the candles is awesome.

Great work Atia. *thumbs up*

Thanks buddies :wub.: .

Just .... WOW Atia !   Your Kor Phaeron is outstanding.

Thanks - glad you like him!

Ah, primus inter jerkes. Or is it secundus inter jerkes? Ex aequo inter jerkes? Hm.

Looks good anyway. 

Haha - you made my day! :D

Ah Prince Philip has awoken from his torpor to reclaim his rightful place in galaxy it seems!! 

He is looking good, but I hope nobody put any itching powder inside his suit of armour :-P

Oh, I'm sure he has a scratching post in his room ;)

Kor phaeron and Lorgar both look fantastic.
Also there's a countryesque song called young at heart. If you sing Kor phaerons name to the chorus it gets embedded in your soul forever. True story

Thanks helter! And lol that song xD

1PM and already out of likes. Great job on Kor, Atia. The red suits him. But irl, that candle/torch OSL is simply beautiful. Excellent work.

What's next? 

Thanks Auggi! Glad you like him :blush.:

Sadly, my airbrush needle died ... so I need to get a new one in the next days :pinch: :cry:.

My next Word Bearers will be Kurtha Sedd (since I realized I need a chaplain to play ZM games!) and 5 Heavy Support Marines. I'm also working on my Deathwatch (which will be posted in my Inquisition thread here) and some Truescale Orks who shall be posted over at Battle Bunnies only ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Kurtha Sedd

The Faithless Friend, The Hidden Dagger, Dark Apostle of the Word Bearers
med_gallery_79873_11473_172146.jpg
A veteran Chaplain of the Chapter of the Third Hand, Kurtha fought at the forefront of the Great Crusade. He became known for his boundless drive, faith, and heroism. During his Legion's worship of the Emperor, he was told by Lorgar himself that the Master of Mankind was watching and taking notice of him. He later fought alongside the Ultramarines against Orks in the Ultima Segmentum, gaining the friendship of Steloc Aethon, Captain of the 19th company.

However after his Legion's censure at Monarchia, Kurtha Sedd's sanity began to slip. Shortly after this, his despair and rage drove him to massacre a group of pilgrims within a prayer hall. Remembering Lorgar's words, Kurtha became panicked that the Emperor had witnessed his shame and became certain that retribution would come. However retribution never came, and his Legion's officers covered up the incident. Having come to realize that the Emperor was not an omnipresent, divine being, Kurtha renounced his faith. He pledged to undo the works of the False-Emperor just as his Legion itself fell into the corruption of Chaos. His fanaticism led him to be selected by Kor Phaeron to lead a portion of the Word Bearers contingent against the Ultramarines during the Betrayal of Calth. Upon hearing that he would see his old friend Aethon again, this time as an enemy, Kurtha felt a twinge of regret but this was nothing compared to his burning hatred ...
med_gallery_79873_11473_5516.jpg
med_gallery_79873_11473_34794.jpg
med_gallery_79873_11473_5613.jpg
med_gallery_79873_11473_170616.jpg

Kurtha looks great Atia. I like the red and the colour you used for his Crozius.

PLasma glow is nice too.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks buddy <3 

:wub.:

Sorry for not posting sooner, Logar looks great! That base is so good!

No worries Colonel :) Glad you like him!

Where did that mage come from? Please tell me you're going to paint him as the black mage in Final Fantasy. :ohmy.:

It's from GW's chaos familiars set =)

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Familiars-2016

And yep, that's the plan - he is a Tzeentchian Occulus Familiar, gifted to my Heavy Support Squads' Sergeant to work as better augury scanner ;)

Where did that mage come from? Please tell me you're going to paint him as the black mage in Final Fantasy. :o

And yep, that's the plan - he is a Tzeentchian Occulus Familiar, gifted to my Heavy Support Squads' Sergeant to work as better augury scanner ;)

That's an inspired (or possessed) way of doing it!

Mines free with knight renegade (order over £100, and get the sm model free!) 

I can't say how many I got :ph34r.: , but one of them was free too with my own Knight Game (set is just too good of a value, especially if you get a free Imperial Space Marine too!)

I can't say how many I got :ph34r: , but one of them was free too with my own Knight Game (set is just too good of a value, especially if you get a free Imperial Space Marine too!)

So, can we expect some green knights soon then ;)

Nice green stuff parchments on the Word Bearer in progress.

Thanks buddy! :blush.:

I can't say how many I got :ph34r.: , but one of them was free too with my own Knight Game (set is just too good of a value, especially if you get a free Imperial Space Marine too!)

So, can we expect some green knights soon then :wink:

Probably not soonTM, but atleast I have now 5 Knights for House Vyronii waiting for their transfer sheets :P

Where did that mage come from? Please tell me you're going to paint him as the black mage in Final Fantasy. :ohmy.:

And yep, that's the plan - he is a Tzeentchian Occulus Familiar, gifted to my Heavy Support Squads' Sergeant to work as better augury scanner :wink:

That's an inspired (or possessed) way of doing it!

And thanks! Was thinking a long time about how to represent it. He will also get a third eye mutation - sneeky warp users these Word Bearers. He better wears a helmet in the hours before the Betrayal at Calth starts ...^^

Lucky you, I'm gonna have to wait til July to work on mine.

Hows the sculpt quality?

Not gonna lie, that model has some nasty mold lines. Besides that pretty sharp and well made, it's GW after all. And I love the design. I think he will also be pretty easy to convert, already have some ideas for the other ones I got. And no worries, won't start to work on him 'till I get the Blackshield transfers :smile.::tongue.:

Edit:

PEW! Post number 1000!!!! Awesome :D

Edited by Atia