Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Breachers look great Atia. Can't wait to see Lorgar! :smile.:

Thanks Buddy! Lorgar shall be revealed end of the week :smile.:

Hidden Content

+ Wrath of the Graven Star +

12809900_10153643523132885_340176204_o.j

*thanks @ King Fluff <3*

There's so much awesomeness here I just don't know where to start

Thanks Brother :happy.:

That's a great shot with the effects added. They are some truly excellently painted Word Bearers.

:thanks:

Hidden Content

+ Wrath of the Graven Star +

12809900_10153643523132885_340176204_o.j

*thanks @ King Fluff <3*

An extra internet cookie for you! Awesome job on the Breachers and the ZM tile! Have you finally started painting your set?

Thanks Colonel - King Fluff did the effects for me, but no, didn't started to paint the tiles yet, but went through what i have - it's currently:

3x Alpha 

3x Beta  

3x Delta  

3x Gama  

1x Epsilon 

1x Eta 

1x Zeta 

5x Theta 

Generatorum Nexus ~4 ZM Tiles

Will start on the board after my Deathwatch Squad - need to figure out a scheme first! Any ideas? My initial and primary inspiration was FW's Phall board :smile.:

Edited by Atia

Awesome breachers and great glamour shot right there. Which program did you use to make them?

[snip]

Thanks Auggi! And yeaaahhh .... come back to usss :wink: :wub.:

Not to worry, I just ordered a BIG daemon, plus a Kytan. :wink:

King Fluff did the effects (:wub.:), he used a phone app called LensFX :)

And yeah, BIG daemons are always cool ;)

gallery_79873_10492_18443.png

Lorgar the Transfigured

Aurelian, The Golden Son, Urizen, The Voice of Chaos, First Chosen of the Primordial Annihilator, Bearer of the Word

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

— Opening Lines of the "Book of Lorgar"

med_gallery_79873_10492_9958.jpg

Lorgar Aurelian, who alone amongst his brothers wielded the raw power of devotion as his preferred weapon, was the lord of the Word Bearers Legion. In his earliest days he swayed an enitre world with his powerful oratory and the sheer force of his chrisma, leading Colchis, his home world, through the fires of civil war to the veneration of the Emperor, whose coming he had foreseen in his dreams.

Reunited with his father, Lorgar conquered by the simple craft of exaltion, liberation and example, by inspiring his sons to feats of arms in the name of the Imperial Truth. Under his governance, his Legion did not simply batter a world into submission, but applied force of arms only as needed to raise them up and render them to freedom. But in his interpretation of the meaning of the Great Crusade, he and his Legion stayed from the path that had been set out for them.

For his failings, Lorgar received only disdain, contempt and censure from both his siblings and father. His greatest success, the glorious temple-city of Monarchia was rendered to dust and ashes by the Ultramarines Legion at the command of the Emperor. With his beliefs shattered by the actions of his "father", anger and resentment set Lorgar upon the path that would lead to the Heresy, and his Legion began to secretly accept new, dark truths, even as they channeled their anger into a renewed slew of conquests. Both betrayer and betrayed, it was Lorgar and his Legion who would set the stage for the nighmare of the coming years, seeking to spread his new creed across the galaxy ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_45907.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_5875.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_79048.jpg
Note - The Armour of the Word: Freshly repainted with the red of his new path, Lorgar's battle plate is a customised suit of artificer armour, said to be based upon the later patterns of Legiones Astartes power armour. This masterfully crafted suit is incorperating a defensive field generator and graven with ancient Colchisian sigils of protection and Lorgar's own words of anathema.
gallery_79873_10492_13937.jpg
Note - Illuminarum: This ornate sceptre-maul was fashioned for Lorgar by his brother Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands Legion, in a rare display of filial support. Perfectly balanced for Lorgar's strength and size, it is a formidable weapon and apocryphally seen as the pattern on which the Crozius Arcanum was later based.

gallery_79873_10492_5871.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_52947.jpg

Hope you like him :)

Awesome Lorgar miss. I look forward to seeing the diorama of Angron and Lorgar - that's one interesting brotherly relationship. 

EDIT: Will you model it after their bonding moment on Armatura? Lorgar down and Angron setting a new record in military pressing by lifting a Warhound titan? :P

Edited by Relict

Wow very beautiful paintjob! Your conversion has really done wonders to the sculpt.

Thanks! Glad you like my take on Lorgi :)

Yes, I like him. You made a static figure look really cool.

Nice job! 

Thanks Dantay :blush.:

Looks great!

:thanks:

Awesome Lorgar miss. I look forward to seeing the diorama of Angron and Lorgar - that's one interesting brotherly relationship. 

EDIT: Will you model it after their bonding moment on Armatura? Lorgar down and Angron setting a new record in military pressing by lifting a Warhound titan? :tongue.:

Thanks Relict! The diorama will be mostly for my cabinet display in order to have Angron next to my Word Bearers (since I won't do World Eaters any time soon :P) - the original idea was inspired by the Betrayer art, and will have a horror summoned from a dead Ultramarine ^.^

betrayer_final_lo_0031.jpg

Hot stuff!

Thanks! :D

Beautifully painted and converted, even though lorgar looked his best after his close encounter with a warhound plasma blastgun. (Tee-hed-hee!)

Haha thanks! The idea with both against the Warhound is cool but something I would do after finishing all the other stuff lol - maybe one day when I'm trying myself on the Golden Daemon? :rolleyes:

What, you're not going to convert Angron to be lifting a Warhound? I would have thought you'd set yourself another challenge after so masterfully reposing Lorgar. :wink: Kidding aside, you did a wonderful job on him. Really I couldn't see how you did it, even though I know what you did. Perfect reposing, and a beautiful paint job to do it justice. One thing though which I feel I have to guide your attention to: his eyes. I think they're a bit too big and open and I would respectfully encourage you to go back to them and give them a little more of your love. I'm very sure with your proven abilities you can do a better job! :thumbsup:

Hidden Content
(Because now his face kinda kinda kinda looks like he's holding in a huge #2 and there's no restroom in sight. :wink::ohmy.: )

What, you're not going to convert Angron to be lifting a Warhound? I would have thought you'd set yourself another challenge after so masterfully reposing Lorgar. :wink: Kidding aside, you did a wonderful job on him. Really I couldn't see how you did it, even though I know what you did. Perfect reposing, and a beautiful paint job to do it justice. One thing though which I feel I have to guide your attention to: his eyes. I think they're a bit too big and open and I would respectfully encourage you to go back to them and give them a little more of your love. I'm very sure with your proven abilities you can do a better job! :thumbsup:

Hidden Content
(Because now his face kinda kinda kinda looks like he's holding in a huge #2 and there's no restroom in sight. :wink::ohmy.: )

Thansk for the feeback Auggi ^.^

We chatted a bit about that in pm, for one the pic doesnt do the eyes justice (but was rather good to show he got tattoos :dry.:). I may touch them up in the future though. Snapping good pictures of something - my eternal nemesis :cry:.

Atia - Lorgar in all his glory - fantastic !

Thanks Buddy!

Kor Phaeron

First Captain of the Word Bearers Legion, Master of Faith, Dark Cardinal, The Dark Heart, Priest-King of Colchis
"Humanity must have faith. Nothing unites mankind the way religion inspires unity. No conflict rages as fiercely as a holy war. No warrior kills with the conviction of a crusader. Nothing in life breeds bonds and ambitions greater than the ties and dreams forged by faith. Religion brings hope, unification, law and purpose. The foundations of civilization itself. Faith is nothing less than the pillar of a sentient species, raising it above the beast, the automaton, and the alien."
– Kor Phaeron, First Captain of the XVII Legion
med_gallery_79873_10492_151935.jpg
Kor Phaeron was the First Captain of the Word Bearers Legion and the Primarch Lorgar's spiritual counsel and foster father during the years of Lorgar's youth on the Word Bearers' homeworld of Colchis. When the Emperor found Lorgar, Kor Phaeron was too old to undergo the full implantation process to become a a full-blooded Space Marine, but so favoured was he in the eyes of his Primarch that he received the most potent of biological augments it was possible to bestow upon a man short of elevation to the Legiones Astartes.
Scorned by many in his Legion as "half Astartes", Kor Phaeron nevertheless had the ear of the Primarch and, more than any other individual save perhaps Erebus, is responsible for the corruption of his Primarch into repudiating his oaths to the Emperor of Mankind and becoming a willing pawn of Chaos.

Kor Phaeron became the Master of the Faith for the Word Bearers after their secret conversion to the service of Chaos. With Lorgar finally embracing the worship of Chaos with enthusiasm following his Pilgrimage, it was not long before the Word Bearers were wholly dedicated to the Ruinous Powers. As before, Kor Phaeron served as Lorgar's principal spiritual adviser and led contingents of the Word Bearers in some of the most devastating battles of the Horus Heresy. Kor Phaeron was eventually defeated by the Ultramarines Legion at the Battle of Calth and was forced to flee to the Daemon World of Sicarus in the Warp Rift known as the Maelstrom ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_261222.jpg
Note: The Claws of Colchis - master crafted Lightning Claws. Also concealed within Kor Phaeron's regalia of office are digi-flamer weapons which are as powerful as a full sized Hand Flamer.
med_gallery_79873_10492_202302.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_338391.jpg
Note: The Terminus Consolaris - Too old for transformation into a full-blooded Space Marine when the Emperor found Lorgar on Colchis, the Primarch nevertheless assured, through the use of gene-craft and anti-agathics, that his foster-father would join him on the Great Crusade as his First Captain. Before his later transfiguration by Chaos, Kor Phaeron's aged physique was augmented in battle by a custom designed suit of Cataphractii-pattern Terminator Armour reinforced and modified with additional medicae, exoskeletal and life support systems.
med_gallery_79873_10492_45891.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_320929.jpg