Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

I picked up a pack of 3 2x2 cork boards for about $5 at a craft store a while back. They can be harder to find nowadays, but if you have a helpful employee to ask it makes all the difference ^^

(If you live in the US, a place like Michael's or even The Container Store should have some).

I'm sadly not living in the US, but should be ably to find some cork boards (maybe i can use them for battlefield tiles too? would be pretty awesome!)

Thanks for the feedback! Need to admit, bases are always my "problem child" - i tried to give it a little mini diorama of its own (the little Word Bearer's skull-shrine) though. Well, I have alot of big kits in planning (a few biiiig daemons aswell as knights), so any ideas what i could do with other large bases?

Yes I do...to maintain the purity and simplicity of the bases of the other miniatures of the army, I would just add a few details.

Conceptually, it is the same thing that you did by adding the icon of Khorne on the pile of skulls, but I'd do it in a largest way...

• The terrain "Imperial Sector" by GW can do for you, just got a whole lot of bits, then braks and mix them in sand and glue and spread them as you were seasoning a pizza.

• Khorne is not only skulls, is also blood, so why don't we place a nice blood stream that cross the base ? You can display some large bits of cork to make the classic lava base,then in the recess, istead to paint it as lava you can pour a mix of silicone and red paint...

• You can use some wrecked model, if you have any that you want to recycle.

• You can leave a bare base, and paint a pentagram-like symbol, like if An'ggrath was just summoned from the warp. WB would approve this solution, is more in their style. Paint it whit blood-for-the-blood-god tech by GW and do not forgot to add pile of skulls, candles, dark tomes and stuff like that on the tips of the pentagram.

They are just some khorny ideas and you can also mix them to improve the results... :wink:

Funny, I actually thought about a "pentagram-like symbol" for his base, but wasn't sure if it would be liked lol! Good to know though, as I said, i have a lot of large kits to go next year  :) - thanks!

Such an awesome job!! He his a great mini (though, not at all mini :laugh.: )​ with so much detail, you have really done him justice. Your palette of reds and blacks really works on a large scale too.

The full Daemon crew are looking the shizz btw!!

Thanks Midnight Runner! I actually have another bunch of Khorne daemons to go - a few bloodletters, fleshhounds, blood slaughterers, my chariot and more ^.^

Cool, I love the big demon dude, especially with his posse.

:thanks:  - glad you like him :)

Today I want to share my Lucius pattern Warhound Titan - I painted her four years ago, and although I would do her a bit different today, I'm still in love with her. It's always good to see what you did over the years, and how much your painting and building style evolved.

Big thanks @ King Fluff for the awesome effects in the first picture :wub.:

THE LEGIO ASTORUM

med_gallery_79873_10492_25779.jpg

Title: The Legio Astorum Ordo Titanicus

Militaris Grade: Primus

Patent: Pre-Unification, Lucian Mechanicum

Warden Domain: Lucius (Production Grade III-Prima Forge World, Tithe Grade of Aptus Non)

Cognomen: The Warp Runners

Used patterns of Titans: Lucius, Mars

Allegiance: Fedelitas Totalis

The Titans of the Legio Astorum, known as the Warp Runners fought throughout the Great Crusade and have a number of Titans blessed by the Emperor of Mankind himself. Later, the Legion fought throughout the darkest days of the Horus Heresy, and participated in numerous engagements including the infamous Battle of Tallarn. Legend has it that a battlegroup of Legio Astorum Titans was present at the defence of the Emperor's Palace during the Battle of Terra.

The forges of Lucius are some of the mightiest in the Imperium, and Lucius Pattern weapons and vehicles are found on many worlds and in many armies. Lucius is most notable for having its own pattern of Warhound, Reaver, and Warlord-class Titans, as the only other known patterns of this Titans all originate on Mars itself. These are the only god-machines sophisticated enough to teleport straight into battle. This is a point of pride amongst the Lucians, and cause of envy amongst their fellow legions.

gallery_79873_10492_41816.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_43783.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_98188.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_5151.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_32471.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_11438.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_11009.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_42413.jpg

Note: S.P.Q.T. stands for Senātus Populusque Terra or "The Senate and People of Terra" in low gothic - a fairly recent addition to her heraldic.

Nice! I liked the Lucius pattern Warhound the best.

Thanks! Me too - although the Mars pattern has started to grown on me :smile.:

First, I disliked the Lucius Pattern Titans. But over the last months I got to see some awesomely painted ones, including yours. Seems I'm warming up to the pattern.

Well, the good thing about the Lucius pattern - so much free space for freehand stuff ^,^

First, I disliked the Lucius Pattern Titans. But over the last months I got to see some awesomely painted ones, including yours. Seems I'm warming up to the pattern.

Don't get too warm to them, they've been discontinued I think :tongue.:

Yep sadly :<

As soon as I saw the first picture with the effects and the way you were talking about the Titan I had Dream Weaver by Gary Wright playing in my head.

He looks good. that's more yellow then I would be willing to try and paint but you did it well. :smile.:

Thanks Kriegsmacht! Glad you like her :smile.:

Very nice daemons and warhound!

:thanks:

YASSS THE WARPRUNNERS!

Best Legio. I would honestly love rules for thier teleporty titans :biggrin.:

She looks great, the old school fire scheme.

Oh yeah, rules for teleporty Lucius pattern titans would be awesome :biggrin.:

And yep, the oldschool fire scheme is far cooler than the plain one FW used in Vraks !!

And now, last but not least, little teaser of what's going to be my first model for 2016 :happy.:

med_gallery_79873_10492_79729.jpg

Edited by Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls and a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

2015 was an awesome hobby year, and 2016 is going to be even better! Little quote from myself :P

One of my favourite Hobby moments this year was of course joining the Battle Bunnies - I already said it, you guys are an awesome bunch and motivate me every day! Other highlites were unboxing my Zone Mortalis tiles and painting my FW Bloodthirster and Valkia. Playing Betrayal at Calth with my new love was also pretty awesome! 

My goals for 2016 are to complete Zone Mortalis armies for both Word Bearers and Ultramarines, aswell as the ZM board itself - so far I have enough tiles for a 6' x 4' board, and I'm really looking forward to paint them up! I also need to finish my Khorne Daemons, and start with the Slaanesh and Tzeentch ones. Last but not least - I want to paint up the first three Knights of House Vyronii, using my airbrush - can't wait to try some new weathering techniques!

So yeah, stay tuned for some cool stuff in the next months :)

I also want to say big thanks to everyone who reads, likes and comments; both here, at Battle Bunnies or at War of Sigmar - you are great =)

Now, answer some comments:

Cool that's the first Albino Daemon I've seen ever! You did a great job on him Atia! :tongue.:

Just kidding can't wait to see him painted up. :thumbsup:

Although an Albino Daemon would be cool to see...:tongue.:

Hehe :D 

Well, my Slaanesh daemons will be white with purple and black ;)

Cool titan, Atia. I love the glamour shot you took a it.

Also: Samus: yay!

Thanks Auggi! Glad you like her :)

That titan looks beast. Are you going to add any washes or weathering to it, though?

And can you do a comparison picture for the size of Samus compared to other daemons? :-O

I thought about adding some weathering when I'm doing my Knights in the new year yeah, but it doesn't have priority atm^^

Will do a scale shot tomorrow or so ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Little update - made a colour tester for my WB red :)

blogger-image--212356428.jpg

Atia, you're doing Vyronii too? We can compare techniques haha!

Yeah ^_^

I'm going to use the FW scheme for the green (metallic basecoat, silver zenithal highlites, tamiya clear green) - just not sure how to do the white/bone-colour ^^

Yeah ^_^

I'm going to use the FW scheme for the green (metallic basecoat, silver zenithal highlites, tamiya clear green) - just not sure how to do the white/bone-colour ^^

The word bearer needs a bit of silver chipping, but looks like a winner.

Are you air brushing the knight? looking at the model it looks a bit like an off white, rather than a bone. I think valejo aged white is a good candidate. The link below is one of my wip knight pictures with this colour.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Gh3yS3Hx2ww/VpGS-wU52UI/AAAAAAAAAy4/djyJVxQmNoo/s640/blogger-image--1038236142.jpg

The word bearer needs a bit of silver chipping, but looks like a winner.

Thanks buddy ^.^

No worries they will get chipping, runes and inscriptions - the tester so far is all about the red ^_^

Are you air brushing the knight? looking at the model it looks a bit like an off white, rather than a bone. I think valejo aged white is a good candidate. The link below is one of my wip knight pictures with this colour.

https://lh3.googleus...-1038236142.jpg 

Yep, the Knights are my "try to paint as much as possible with your airbrush, girl!" project :D

I think i may even have that white somewhere - thanks for the link (I guess he's going to be a Makabius Knight? If so, say when he's finished! ;) :P)

Yep, the Knights are my "try to paint as much as possible with your airbrush, girl!" project :D

I think i may even have that white somewhere - thanks for the link (I guess he's going to be a Makabius Knight? If so, say when he's finished! ;) :P)

Cool, glad to hear it. Air brushing is far nicer than hairy brushing. The trim is still a bit tedious though :) I'm really enjoying playing with my air brush, makes big models like Titans, tanks and Knights a LOT easier.

Also, you get ten internet points for guessing house makabuis!!

Edit, you should consider putting the red glaze down either the air brush too (if you aren't already).

Edited by Col.hertford

Looking very good :D Questions: Are you following the general FW scheme with Clear Red or Angron Red? Also, are you coating with gloss varnish after the last pass with Carroburg Crimson? 

Also super good choice in going with the Graven Star. I decided to go with the Unspeaking and I've hit a huge issue... FW screwed up on the Unspeaking transfers. If you look at the icons in Tempest, they're the mouthless skulls in a white star. On the transfer sheet they almost all have black star borders though... and I already painted a bunch of shoulder pads black. Aarrghhhhh. I might switch to Graven Star like you, or just have the icons on greaves or leave a few pads red, but it's definitely something to keep in mind if anyone wants to represent the Unspeaking.

Yeah ^_^

I actually did that a few days ago if you look at my BA blog. I didnt do zenithal highlighting (not even sure how tbh), but it kinda naturally highlights itself.

Cool red so far Atia. Can;t wait to see a finished marine now. :smile.::thumbsup:

Thanks Buddy :smile.: :wub.:  

Yep, the Knights are my "try to paint as much as possible with your airbrush, girl!" project :-D

I think i may even have that white somewhere - thanks for the link (I guess he's going to be a Makabius Knight? If so, say when he's finished! ;-)  :-P)

Cool, glad to hear it. Air brushing is far nicer than hairy brushing. The trim is still a bit tedious though :-) I'm really enjoying playing with my air brush, makes big models like Titans, tanks and Knights a LOT easier.

Also, you get ten internet points for guessing house makabuis!!

Edit, you should consider putting the red glaze down either the air brush too (if you aren't already).

Yeah, the airbrush makes a lot of things far easier :thumbsup:

Oh, and i probably can't since I'm using Blood for the Bloodgod, not sure if i can get it thinn enough for airbrush work tbh :/

Looking good girl. 

We can totes be Word Bearer besties :-D

Hehe yeah! Best Cult-witch-friends for ever?^^

Looking very good :-DQuestions: Are you following the general FW scheme with Clear Red or Angron Red? Also, are you coating with gloss varnish after the last pass with Carroburg Crimson? 

Also super good choice in going with the Graven Star. I decided to go with the Unspeaking and I've hit a huge issue... FW screwed up on the Unspeaking transfers. If you look at the icons in Tempest, they're the mouthless skulls in a white star. On the transfer sheet they almost all have black star borders though... and I already painted a bunch of shoulder pads black. Aarrghhhhh. I might switch to Graven Star like you, or just have the icons on greaves or leave a few pads red, but it's definitely something to keep in mind if anyone wants to represent the Unspeaking.

I actually tried the FW method with tamiya clear red, but something went wrong (no clue what tbh - it just didn't looked like it should) - so I'm going to use my own scheme, which uses Blood for the Blood God ^^ 

And yeah, had an odyssey 'till I settled for the Graven Star :biggrin.:

Little update - made a colour tester for my WB red :-)

Yeah :happy.:

I actually did that a few days ago if you look at my BA blog. I didnt do zenithal highlighting (not even sure how tbh), but it kinda naturally highlights itself.

Yeah i tried it on a spare Knights part the other day and it works pretty well ^.^

I also want to play with the silver to get some cool effects like FW did ^^

Edited by Atia