Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

He looks awesome :smile.:

Thanks buddy :)

Always enjoyed your Word Bearers.

On Erebus's demented-ness, on a scale of one to Gary Busey, he's an 11. Chaos is one helluva drug.

Well done.

Haha, glad you like my archpig!

Nice work.

:thanks:

In other news - I started to work on my Changeling (I heard the next weeks are all about Tzeentch ;P):

gallery_79873_10492_932373.jpg

He's almost done, just need to finish the runes on his back, a coat of varnish and his base. Hope you like him so far :sweat:

Really like the Changeling. How did you paint his skin? Is a delicious hue! :-)

Sadly, the skin was a mix (actually it was a test for the new GW tints. I need to admit they aren't really worth 40 euros, but they do what they are supposed to do). I mixed several GW blues with the new white tint. Shaded it with thinned down drakenhof nightshade. As it's an unique character I didn't really took notes, just made it :|

I like the freehand symbols.

Thanks! That said, the golden ones are actually Word Bearer transfers (yep, I cheated there). The scribt is freehand though :)

Past two pages look ace, except for Erebus. His paint job is lovely but :censored: Erebus!

General thoughts though:

3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf.jpg

Haha thanks buddy :wub.:

:ohmy.: that changling is awesome :ohmy.:

Thanks!

Here we go:

The Changeling

The Changeling is a daemonic Horror of Tzeentch who epitomises the Lord of Change's love of sowing discord and distrust, and his perverse sense of humour. Tzeentch long ago bestowed upon the Changeling a doppelganger's ability to assume any shape, from that of the tiniest insect to the largest Greater Daemon. The Changeling carries out practical jokes in both the Realm of Chaos and realspace, always intended to bring about the constant change so beloved of his patron. The only shapes that the Changeling cannot assume is that of Tzeentch and his own, for he has long forgotten his original form, and desperately seeks to regain this knowledge through any means necessary. Only the Great Schemer knows the Changeling's true form, and he will never reveal it so as to keep his favoured pawn under his control.

gallery_79873_10492_39008.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_28912.jpg

Hope you like :)

Nice!

Chop chop :happy.:

Yeah :smile.:

Currently looking through the assembly guide to see what stuff I should glue on and keep seperate for painting. I guess I will end up with wings, armour, tabard and weapon aswell as the body.

Btw, his chest is fully sculpted - if someone wants to a "classic, EPIC style, naked, angry, blue, one eyed monkey Magnus" - you totally can! :tongue.:

gallery_79873_10492_753002.jpg

Edited by Atia

Oh, this should be sooooooo good. :drool:

I hope so :P

Can't wait to see your take on Magnus Atia are you planning on building him as is or doing some converting?

I will build this one as he is. Maybe one day I'll do a funny blue one, but for now I'll stick to the current model ^.^

The removable armour is a seriously nice touch to that kit. Can the same be done with the belt and loincloth or are those integral to the finished model?

Yep it is! And I think the belt/loincloth are integral, as there are no .... genitals, just blank nothingness, and the little tail (yep, Magnus has a cute little tail!!!). I guess you could change the loincloth to chainmail or pteruges if you have something for it, though?

Also, progress *yay* (that said, I probably will build him and finish the 10 cultists after that - otherwise I'll end up as chaos spawn thanks to call of chaos :P)

med_gallery_79873_10492_646795.jpg

He is a beautiful model, which should be great for representing Magnus after Prospero. At that point, he was by all accounts a Demon Prince and could appear how ever he choose.

At least, that is how I will be using the model and rules with my 30k Thousand Sons!

Holy mother of mercy!

Thanks. You can also call me Atia. :P

He is a beautiful model, which should be great for representing Magnus after Prospero. At that point, he was by all accounts a Demon Prince and could appear how ever he choose.

At least, that is how I will be using the model and rules with my 30k Thousand Sons!

Two silly a thought! Don't tell anyone, but I'll start 30k thousand sons around february :P

Also, I think you can even use him for the "Magnus folly" scene against Custodes - Master of Mankind calls him a "daemonic avatar" or something ^^

how easy do you think it would be to magnetize him? (the wings/arms?)

Sadly I have no real experience with magnets so far - infact, I want to try to magnetize his face(s), and maybe the weapons. But from the looks of the assembly guide - you should have no problems with the wings and arms :)