Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Howdy!

Salamanders Legion Pyroclast Squad Agam'thus

The dreaded Pyroclasts are the burning fury of the Salamanders Legion given material form. Shunning conventional Destroyer units in his Legion, save for a small cadre retained for xenocide operations, due to the tainting and unclean nature of the weapons they wielded, Vulkan created the Pyroclasts to fulfil the role of bringers of utter destruction, creating for them advanced and extremely powerful thermal/incendiary weapons of his own devising. To the Salamanders, fire is more than merely a weapon; it has an almost mystical function and truth, and embodies both purifying destruction and potential for rebirth and redemption. But for renewal to occur, what has gone before must be wiped away; purified by fire. It is this last concept that the Pyroclasts embody, and in battle they are relentless and remorseless, and where they are unleashed there can be no possibility of mercy or reprieve from the fire.

gallery_79873_10422_44652.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_30772.jpg

I love the colours on the scale work. Its excellent Atia.

The fire effect on those Salamanders is wonderful.

Thanks DimDim and Hydra =)

Oh, I like how this one has a little stripe on his helm crest.

It makes him look like one of those lizards that fluffs up if you irritate them.

hehe thanks Flint ^^ they are Vulkans' angry flamers :tongue.: they need red stripes :biggrin.:

Edited by Atia

Howdy!

Very Appropriate, I feel :tongue.:

Really like how you managed to differentiate the Scales and the armor while keeping both green!

Ha! Ragnaros (even with legs :tongue.:) is my favourite boss so far (the sounds are great and the encounter was awesome [prenerf]!) glad you like them Slips :smile.:

Yup. Olive those too. Erm: I love those too.

Pardon the pun. :wink:

gnehe, i hate the taste of olives, but thanks though Auggi :tongue.:

Loving the pyroclasts atia

Great work on those flames
Sweet stuff

:thanks: chaplain mortis ^___^

little WIP of Numeon so far :smile.:

gallery_79873_10422_32985.jpg

Edited by Atia

Howdy!

Artellus Numeon

Lord-Protector of Hesiod, Vulkan's Equerry, Commander of the Pyre Guard

gallery_79873_10422_8189.jpg

"We have all burned. Down in the fire pits, or from the brander’s iron in the solitorium, we have all touched the fire. It leaves scars, even for us. We carry them proudly, with honour. But the scars we took that day on that battlefield, we bear only with shame and regret. They are a memorial in flesh, a physical reminder of everything we have lost, a burn even we fire-born cannot endure without pain."

- First Captain Artellus Numeon

gallery_79873_10422_37547.jpg

Born on Terra as opposed to Nocturne, Numeon was a veteran member of the Legion and served as Captain of the 1st Company Firedrakes, Equerry to the Primarch Vulkan, and commander of the elite Pyre Guard. Following the Drop Site Massacre, Numeon and a sparse number of Salamanders survived, fearing Vulkan dead (or captured) and vowing to exact vengeance on the traitor forces. Numeon organized the retreat of the remaining Salamanders (as well as surviving Raven Guard and Iron Hands) off Isstvan V and onto the warship Fire Ark. His ultimate fate following the events of the Horus Heresy is currently unrecorded ...

gallery_79873_10422_66726.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_46779.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_17114.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_15639.jpg

Nice work, I think you've done a really good job on these Salamanders and the colouring is spot on. :thumbsup:

Looking ace so far!

Great work Atia! The Pyroclasts are beautiful. The olive shade of green goes really well with the flames and gold trim.

Numeon is looking really promising so far, looking forward to seeing some more progress on him :thumbsup:

thanks brothers :wub.:

Numeon looks great so far, Atia.

When will we see a start on Vulcan?

ETL starts in May? so i guess i'll start to build him around the end of April ^^

Edited by Atia

Howdy!

THANKS@all for your comments, very appreciate it :wub.:

Wow, as I was looking through the last couple updates i was about to give my opinion that I did not like your use of the he'stan model, but you really turned it around!

I think its the helm and the shield that was the turning point. :thumbsup:

glad you like him at the end DimDim :) He'stans body was just perfect for an artificer-armour equipted Praetor :P

Another stunning model for your collection, Atia. And a superb conversion at that. My felicitations.

And yay! only two months to see your Vulkan come to life!

thanks Auggi :) only two months for Vulkan and the Reaver :teehee:

med_gallery_79873_10444_68428.jpg

Howdy!

TITAN FOR THE LADS! WOOOOOOHOOOO :biggrin.:

yeah :biggrin.: Titans are as awesome as Dreadnoughts, aren't they :tongue.:?

YES! Finally the reaver has arrived. WHere are the pointed arrows on the trim endings though? :wink:

he's like Erebus pre-Istvaan .... nice and lovely from out, bad and corrupted from within :tongue.: also, my Legio Fureans force will be set during Istvaan/Paramar :smile.:

One of the best salamanders, and death guard I have every seen. i can't wait for the titan!

thanks Uprising! :wub.:

my Forgeworld order arrived today :teehee: *yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah*

med_gallery_79873_10422_119072.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10422_7411.jpg

now i can start to build my Deredeo for Augustus' awesome Arena :tongue.:

Edited by Atia