Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Hey, its blue and translucent I was sorta-kinda right. :tongue.:

And yeah, so far everyone's painted Alpha Legionnaires have been pretty Amazing. So I'm getting kinda stressed out with how my Contemptor will compare :tongue.:

Don't stress yourself, i'm sure he will look awesome!

yep looking pretty close to the artwork ....very nice work

Really looking Good!!!:thumbsup:

:thanks:

Lovely work in on the Alpha legion librarian.

Definitely look forward too seeing him finished.

Your bronze color is especially gorgie. I imagine you got plenty of practice with the Death Guard :happy.:

thanks =) finished his armour, just need to paint his weapons and back-pack =)

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/alpha28gne2qrb0d.jpg

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/alpha14mvj9a3hl6.png

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/alpha30svonjqc73.jpg

+ H y d r a d o m i n a t u s +

Great work on the alpha I am looking for a darker blue metallic for my vigilator! I may have to steal this all my other blues are very light using tamiya

Wow I love those blood letters and those iron warriors are coming along nicely

Nice transition from red to black on those horns Atia :thumbsup:

thanks guys ^^ still working on the other Bloodletters, but i got a little distraction in form of an Imperial Knight :tongue.: more to that later ^.^

Hidden Content

Hey, its blue and translucent I was sorta-kinda right. :tongue.:

And yeah, so far everyone's painted Alpha Legionnaires have been pretty Amazing. So I'm getting kinda stressed out with how my Contemptor will compare :tongue.:

Don't stress yourself, i'm sure he will look awesome!

yep looking pretty close to the artwork ....very nice work

Really looking Good!!!:thumbsup:

:thanks:

Lovely work in on the Alpha legion librarian.

Definitely look forward too seeing him finished.

Your bronze color is especially gorgie. I imagine you got plenty of practice with the Death Guard :happy.:

thanks =) finished his armour, just need to paint his weapons and back-pack =)

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/alpha28gne2qrb0d.jpg

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/alpha14mvj9a3hl6.png

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/alpha30svonjqc73.jpg

+ H y d r a d o m i n a t u s +

Great work on the alpha I am looking for a darker blue metallic for my vigilator! I may have to steal this all my other blues are very light using tamiya

Glad you like him ^.^ - yeah. the Tamiya blue makes a lighter shade, which isn't quite right if you want to go for the FW artwork^^ but the green is nice to add some tints for tanks or so :tongue.:

What is the hole size for the Vengeance Weapon Batteries please?

As for that tile, I absolutely adore it but what stops me getting it (other than Edited by Atia

Well, i think it's time to post her :tongue.: in case someone wonders - yeah, she is a Daemonprincess, and as all daemons, she exists both in 40k and fantasy (like Be'lakor) - GW just never released rules for her in 40k ...

Kurama - i hope she motivates you to fullfill your oath! :tongue.: someday i'll write custome rules for her, 'till then i'll play her as daemon herald with wings ^.^

Valkia the Bloody

The Bloodqueen, Lady of Mount Ashenfel, Daemonprincess and Consort of Khorne

Valkia is known by many names - to the Space Wolves she is the Gorequeen, while the Tau know her as Mon'Skether'quan or Bringer of Nightmares. The Orks named her Da Red Spear, while to the Squats, she is known only as the Bloodwitch.

Legends says that she was once a mortal warrior, an ambitious and merciless queen on a daemonworld deep within the Eye of Terror who dedicated herself to the Blood God. So cruel was Valkia that her own tribe gathered in a great horde to strike her down. Betrayed and alone, still the Gorequeen fought with such fury that her spear slew hundreds before she was finally dragged down and slain. Khorne was so impressed that he breathed new life into Valkia's mangled corpse. With a wrathful scream, Valkia was reborn as a winged daemon queen. She tore apart the surviving members of her tribe, before plunging into Khorne's realm to carve out a fitting kingdom for herself, next to her god's fortress.

There she dwelt ever since, the undisputed ruler of a volcanic fastness known as Mount Ashenfel. Valkia rules over Daemon, traitor Astartes and mortal alike, for she is high in Khorne's favour - all know that to defy Valkia is to court not only her notorious temper, but that of the Blood God himself.

The first official imperial contact was during the dark days of the Horus Heresy where she fought alongside the traitor Astartes in the later years of the heresy. It is said that she was defeated twice during these dark times - first at the Battle of Calth, and later during the Siege of Terra, impaled by the Spear of a mighty Custodes.

The Gorequeen raids the material universe often, leading mighty hosts of cannibalic cultists, daemons and a warband of Khorne Daemonkin who only worship her - the Sons of Ashenfel. Khorne's servants fight all the harder with the Gorequeen's eyes upon them, for it is within her gift to return those who impress her to life. Their blood burning with daemonic fury, the worthy rise once more, fighting on despite the mortal wounds that disfigure their ravaged bodies. Only after battle's end they truly die, their souls drawn towards Valkia's domain to fight phantom battles through the tunnels and chambers of Mount Ashenfel forevermore.

gallery_79873_11210_42140.jpg

gallery_79873_11210_80154.jpg

gallery_79873_11210_23161.jpg

gallery_79873_11210_52770.jpg

gallery_79873_11210_35469.jpg

"Blood for the Bloodqueen!"

med_gallery_79873_10492_1644900.png

Deep within the realm of Khorne is also Valkia's domain - Mount Ashenfel.

Edited by Atia

Wow - lot of comments :O thank you all guys and girl! :)

You Bloody servant of khorne, now I'm jealous

Her gaze is upon you! :P

Just another reminder that I need to get one of her for myself. Lovely work, Atia.

Valkia looks excellent; I hadn't considered using her in 40k but this has changed my mind!

Thanks guys! Want to write some homebrew rules for her too in the future, but i need a tablet and a bit of practise for the drawings i want to make for her rules-sheet :>

Great work, Atia. Really nice paint job. (she deserves better pictures though! :-) PM me if you like some quick tips!)

thanks Auggi^^ send you a PM, I'm never happy with my pics :/

Sweet!

Girls look good in red and skulls ^_^

I absolutely love the fleshy tones of her wings too! They are perfect.

Thanks Girl! It would be a shame to not use her for a Khorne army, wouldn't it?^^

Great centrepiece for a Khorne themed army. Excellent!

Thanks Arac! She also serves as connecting element for all my future Khorne armies too :D Daemons, Mortals, Marines, ...

That Valkia is stunning, and the wings are perfect. So glad you went with flesh tones for the wing membrane rather than black like the Blood thirsters we see nowadays.

:thanks: While may use black wings for my thirsters too, it wouldn't have looked great on her imo - also, it makes her more shiney next to her guys :D

Ever since I spied her in the fantasy range on the GW website I thought V was an awesome character. Glad to see her in 40k.

You should make her a massive scenic Base and such and use her as Scarbrand :-P

:thumbsup: well, it's not for her but ....

med_gallery_79873_10492_340936.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_77225.jpg

So that's what Kain did with Raziel's wings...

(she's excellent)

Raziel had wings? :o (i only played the game where he jumps around in that underworld, where you could play both Kain and Raziel^^)

Glad you like her ^,^

Lovely Valkia. I hope we'll see her in Warhammer 40,000 one day.

Preferably with her horns and those of her shield being easier to make symetric. :tongue.:

thanks :D there are a few fantasy chaos chars worthy to be in both settings :P

That base is great what are you using for the shell casings?

thanks Kurama :D for the shell casings, i sculpted a rod (i think that describes it well^^) with greenstuff/milliput mix, and cut it into pieces :)

Atia; such an amazing thread you have going here, you should be rightly proud of it.

Your painting and conversions are excellent, really top notch. Together with your fluff, you really set scene and bring each faction you have worked on to life. Great weathered style, my faves being your DG tanks :)

Looking forward to seeing more of your current Bloody project, immense so far, from the lil' angry dudes ofc to your excellent Blood Queen. Bring on that No1 Bloodthirster, Mr Big and Angry himself, An'ggrath (I am jealous of all the FW stuff you have btw!)

Massive kudos right through B)

• 2 weeks later...