Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Thanks for the comments boys :)

I asked Guy Haley and he basically said there is no right way, but voted for crimson robes and cream armour - so that's what I'll stick with. :wub:

If it was my bases I would have glued the little guys to the base before the texture paint is applied so you can hide the bases easier.

That's actually still the plan - there's texture paint that goes over the sand. :yes:

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

Started to work on my next three Legio Mortis Titans - not much to see for now, still on the "spray the sprues" stage :happy.:

Hidden Content
Ii7tkiZ.jpg

That said, used my IPad to work out the colour scheme for my Tigrus' Skitarii Auxilia Legion - what do you guys think?

sml_gallery_79873_10492_45076.jpg

Crimson robes and creamy armour - hopefully the green lenses will make them different enough to Mars on the smaller scale!

Edited by Atia

That said, used my IPad to work out the colour scheme for my Tigrus' Skitarii Auxilia Legion - what do you guys think?

sml_gallery_79873_10492_45076.jpg

Crimson robes and creamy armour - hopefully the green lenses will make them different enough to Mars on the smaller scale!

This looks good, in my opinion. Hope the small scale won't give you too much difficulty when you paint the infantrymen decorating your Titans' bases.

I'm guessing they're Forumware? There's a bunch of fanmade Epic stuff on eBay currently and I'm sorely tempted to replace my old Epic Marines with some nicely detailed Mk. III ones for my AT bases but for $50 I'm a bit gun shy, especially for something that is essentially just base decoration.

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cybershadow-protector-infantry/

I'm guessing they're Forumware? There's a bunch of fanmade Epic stuff on eBay currently and I'm sorely tempted to replace my old Epic Marines with some nicely detailed Mk. III ones for my AT bases but for $50 I'm a bit gun shy, especially for something that is essentially just base decoration.

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cybershadow-protector-infantry/

Yep :)

More stuff is planned in the next weeks and months btw, including menial infantry, a tank and more skitarii/secutarii in the future <3.

How are you going to add your mini Skitarii to the Titan bases? Are you going to remove the bases from them or just build up the Titan bases to hide the Skitarii ones? I am concerned about accidentally chopping the feet off of my Death Korps Novan Winter Regulars :P 

Looking good

Theeeenks :wub:

How are you going to add your mini Skitarii to the Titan bases? Are you going to remove the bases from them or just build up the Titan bases to hide the Skitarii ones? I am concerned about accidentally chopping the feet off of my Death Korps Novan Winter Regulars :tongue.:

I'm actually not 100% sure yet, but I'll prolly build the bases around them :ph34r.: - would be sad to loose tiny bionic-feet :cry:

Howdy everyone =)

Some progress on the Reaver Titan - she's now varnished and waiting for transfers! 

Hidden Content

Hs1NEqG.jpg

yEo1Y4o.jpg

zcgwbaH.jpg

Next are two Warhounds! Will be doing the bases in one run (hopefully with more available support units than Skitarii Rangers and Legio Cybernetica once I'm there!).

pCjtVkE.jpg

Edited by Atia

Looks like you've made pretty good progress so far. They look great!

Thanks! Just need to finish some of the trim, paint up their Skitarii Auxilia Rangers, transfers, weathering and bases :yes:

Howdy Guys and Girls - time for another little update :smile.:

Quite a mixed bag of updates for my tiny titans - did some decals work aswell as some planning for the bases:

mdx25D2.jpg

Nk6QPaD.jpg

sYWI9tt.jpg

All in all 7 Titans are waiting to get weathering and/or bases done in one swoop - and I'm already trying to work out the colour scheme for my next 3 engines .... :wink:

2fM9SZd.jpg

:happy.:

Thanks for the link IHF :wub:

Already saw Guy's Solaria during the last Forgeworld events - and while they are great (and Guy too :wub: :wub: :wub: ) it's not really close to the Titandeath artworks, neither colourwise nor the pattern.

Yeah I get you :happy.: - the mottling pattern makes me think that using a small piece of sponge to daub the white layer over the green basecoat might be an easier way of getting the 'blotchy' look, but I don't envy you having to colour match to the Books - I'm sure it'll look great however you go about it :biggrin.:

Yeah I get you :happy.: - the mottling pattern makes me think that using a small piece of sponge to daub the white layer over the green basecoat might be an easier way of getting the 'blotchy' look, but I don't envy you having to colour match to the Books - I'm sure it'll look great however you go about it :biggrin.:

Gotta agree with IHF here. It's probably the most effective way. However I think your green may be a bit too dark currently. 

Thanks for the comments guys and girls :)

Hehe - but why easy if you could go the hard, masochistic way :wub:

Gotta agree with IHF here. It's probably the most effective way. However I think your green may be a bit too dark currently. 

Yep, the first paint tester was defo too "dark angely" :sweat:

Hmmmm... I'm going to guess you're doing a wash of green ink or some such over it? I think the white blotches may be just a little too big but with Solaria it's always hard to tell until the model is complete.

I'm aiming to make the patterns quite similiar to the ones in the book, which have quite a lot of white on the bigger parts:

QrgGrVn.jpg

Since I was quite happy with the way the paint tester looks (with the green from the second picture) I went ahead and started the Reaver and two Warhounds!

UEU0nPl.jpg

Tiny Toes!

OtLHwiN.jpg

y4VZ3R5.jpg

mf5XPir.jpg