Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

• 3 years later...

Hey everyone!

So .... it .... looks like I'm back into the hobby seat. I've heard they are gonna release some awesome Tiny Marines, Tiny Primarchs aswell as Tiny Daemon Primarchs? Maybe I'll finally be able to do some Siege of Terra themed armies, on a smaller scale, haha.

Anyways, I have used the last weeks to try out some colour schemes for my Legiones Astartes aswell as the start of my Traitor Knights - hope you like this little teaser, will snap some better pictures tomorrow!

jLk9Xxm.jpg

PS: Internet cookie if you get the reference.

Greetings,

Atia

Edited by Atia

Banelash

Last High King of House Devine, The Crown of Molech, First of the Slaaneshi Knights

As the Battle of Molech began, Raeven Devine, the second son of Lord Cyprian Devine, seized his birthright. Raeven murdered his father and took his place as Molech's lord even as Horus himself took to the battlefield, leading his sons into battle against the massed ranks of Imperial Army troopers and single-handedly taking on a force of mighty Imperial Knights, of which only Raeven Devine himself escaped alive.

Ironically though, when House Devine turned Traitor, and brought down the Legio Crucius Imperator-class Titan Paragon of Terra during the battle for Lupercalia, it was not Raeven piloting his Knight armour Banelash, but Cyprian's first-born son, Albard Devine, a man once as strong and righteous as Cyprian himself. The plots and schemes of Raeven and his mother had seen Albard rejected by his Knight armour and held captive for solar decades as a gibbering wreck, tortured and tormented by his step-relatives.

During the Warmaster's invasion, Albard was able to at last escape, reclaiming his birthright and killing his half-brother, but ultimately becoming the last pilot of Banelash. However, no sooner had Albard merged his broken mind with the Knight armour, than he was subsumed by the corruption Raeven and the Dark Gods had planted there.

XH7v3F2.jpg

Note: Originally classified as Questoris Knight Errant, Banelash was modified by the Sacristans of House Devine to wield a power-whip aswell as a plasma lance, ancient artifacts rarely used by other Houses of the Questoris Familia.

6z0WTUp.jpg

6PbeGR4.jpg

FRKYWkN.jpg

RqdW1Rr.jpg

Note: Eye of Horus aswell as the entwined Imperial Eagle and Naga of House Devine of Molech.

Evjxjhz.jpg

iMsdLsF.jpg

Edited by Atia

• 3 weeks later...

House Devine High Barons

Herald, Gatekeeper, Master of Justice

Sworn Protectors of the High King

Depicted here are three of the four members of the Devine's Exalted Court - their titles and heraldry following the codex of most non-Mechanicum allied Houses at the outbreak of the Heresy. Each of these a princely Warlord in it's own right, they sometimes muster together in support to their High King. 

MO2Jcmv.jpg

9U8lIHD.jpg

Note: Flawless Blade, Master of Justice of House Devine. Questoris pattern Knight Gallant. Rare power sword armament instead of the more common fist used by other of its kind.

eZ80yLU.jpg

r9NJDm0.jpg

xN8O5Yh.jpg

cKmJ4p5.jpg

Note: Silverslash, Gatekeeper of Molech. Questoris pattern Knight Preceptor. 

KQMKocv.jpg

jd7pWc9.jpg

2xkfHfz.jpg

Note: White Viper, Herald of the High King. Questoris pattern Knight Paladin.

T2ClagA.jpg

JRzd6VM.jpg

Edited by Atia

On 12/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, Firedrake Cordova said:

They look great - the extra touches like the stripes on the chainsword are nice, especially at that scale :thumbsup:

On 12/5/2023 at 6:59 PM, jaxom said:

Your tiny Titans were/are a massive inspiration.

Thanks guys! Finished my first paint tester for my Blood Angels, hope you like it!

qxbtjui.jpg

PK4uW2i.jpg

FznzPMS.jpg

The gloss varnish makes it kinda hard to take pictures though, as it looks quite a bit darker in real life, and there are no decals or dirt done yet. Tell me what you think ^.^

Edit: some more shots:

fybdrW4.jpg

Do6onBT.jpg

nZOh9w7.jpg

Edited by Atia

5 hours ago, jaxom said:

Having just tried to take pictures of Solar Aux soldiers; I couldn’t even get that much in the photo.

Haha, I feel ya. Always keep in mind that models of that scale aren't meant to be on the same quality as their 32mm scale cousins.

Anyways, some quick snaps of the colour testers for my Legions, now with propper transfers and weathering! Also decided to use satin varnish for these - while I liked the glossy effect as it felt a bit like the classic Forgeworld metallic schemes, it was quite hard to take propper pictures with it haha thanks to the lack of propper trim like on the Knights. 

K9B771f.jpg

5iQ3Kyd.jpg

And all three snuggly together in their little box:

qxG2qdL.jpg

Now I have to decide on which of the three detachments I'll do first. And I should finish a few more Devine Knights. 

Work. Work.

Edited by Atia

• 1 month later...

Sons of Horus 

XVIth Legion, 5th Company, Demi-Company Formation

Traitoris Perdita

The XVIth Legion was originally known as the "Luna Wolves" during the Great Crusade. In honour of Horus' great achievements during the latter years of that era after the Imperial victory over the Orks during the Ullanor Crusade, the Emperor suggested that the Legion be renamed the "Sons of Horus" to honour his most beloved son's accomplishments.

Horus at first refused, fearing that to so set himself above his primarch brothers would lead to factional strife. Eventually he did institute this change, at his bother Sanguinius' urging, just prior to the events culminating in his conversion to the service of the Dark Gods of Chaos on the world of Davin.

YPD6frh.jpg

NZyd3jT.jpg

TlBVfRY.jpg

qLjtPjB.jpg

Nr8kXcd.jpg

QQnPduW.jpg

b1Bjt40.jpg

mZiGMk8.jpg

5cxV8IU.jpg

18 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

That's a lot of very small marines :biggrin: I can't really imagine picking out trim on models that size ... :ermm:

Haha - if you squint really hard you can make out their tiny eye of horus transfers on their shoulder pads (sadly I was in a hurry when taking the pictures so I actually forgot to get some focus on them >.<)). Also, in the end it was quite enjoyable to actually paint a whole 30k army within a few weeks since all of these would take me forever in 32mm scale lol.

Next on the painting table are a few tanks for them, aswell as a Knight banner of a certain house that's closely bound to the Sons of Horus, and a tiny plastic Thunderhawk - after that I'll prolly finish a few more Devine Knights before switching sides and focus on the Defenders of Terra.

Stay tuned!

Edited by Atia

5 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

They look fantastic :thumbsup:

Now if you want something special, the YouTube channel LItbashing has done the Loken vs Abaddon, @ LI scale, all from the infantry sprue...

https://www.youtube.com/@LItbashing

Thanks, glad you like them!

And these are super cute haha, I've seen a few of their videos already, although at this stage I will cautiously wait for what's the plan on Legion specific units and characters for this game is - while we will prolly get most of the basic stuff first, they already confirmed that tiny Primarchs would be on the way and honestly, everything not made by GW would just nodge most people into 3D printing that stuff, so I would imagine, just like what they did with Necromunda and Blood Bowl, that the niche stuff will be coming via FW resin down the line. Or even just a big legion specific plastic sprue that contains characters, elite units aswell as their Primarch - I mean, they managed to cram the whole demi-company with 7 different unit types into one box, so who knows.

Edited by Atia