Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Second from the bottom for my money. If you want to build mega contrast use rhinox hide as the base and airbrush highlight with mephiston red and a point of light mixing a bit of fiery orange.

Or if you managed to keep some, black primer > gal vorbak red > word bearers red is the smoothest combo I've ever found for vibrant red with depth.

Thanks guys and girls :smile.:

Decided to go with a combination of the first and the second to last one, both got the votes both here and at the adeptus titanicus group on facebook :biggrin.:

Second from the bottom for my money. If you want to build mega contrast use rhinox hide as the base and airbrush highlight with mephiston red and a point of light mixing a bit of fiery orange.

Or if you managed to keep some, black primer > gal vorbak red > word bearers red is the smoothest combo I've ever found for vibrant red with depth.

Yeah, my original plan was to go with the Forgeworld reds, but alas ..... thanks GW Sales Management for dumping "products that aren't selling especially if we aren't doing them in house", aka paints, etched brass and transfer sheets .... :down:

That said, I'm quite happy with the vallejo paints I got (Fire Red and Ferrari Red).

Might have to grab one of these kits for kitbashing with my tau. awesome looking.

and thanks for the size comparison shot on the imperial knights.

I grabbed a box and gonna convert my primaris aggresssors with, centurion legs, aggressor torsos and arms/backpack, with the imperial knight upper hull

I totally need to do some kitbashes down the line. Thinking about a Warlord Close Combat Head, Power Whip aswell as Gryphonicus Scout Reaver legs using Armiger parts :sweat:
Edited by Atia

I don't know if this helps, but I do the red on my Mortis the following:

Base Khorne Red

Wash of Carroburg Crimson

Highlight of Evil Sunz Scarlet

I do mine with the highlight being in the middle of the plate, like a sunburst so the darker red is on the outer edges and it gets brighter toward the middle. Really directs the eye.

Yeah, my original plan was to go with the Forgeworld reds, but alas ..... thanks GW Sales Management for dumping "products that aren't selling especially if we aren't doing them in house", aka paints, etched brass and transfer sheets .... :down:

QFT. I can't continue my 40K World Eaters army because of the discontinuation of FW Word Bearer's Red. :(

Lovely Knights, though, Atia! I think you just convinced me to do a facsimile of the Legio Mortis colour scheme on my Renegade Knights...

I don't know if this helps, but I do the red on my Mortis the following:

Base Khorne Red

Wash of Carroburg Crimson

Highlight of Evil Sunz Scarlet

I do mine with the highlight being in the middle of the plate, like a sunburst so the darker red is on the outer edges and it gets brighter toward the middle. Really directs the eye.

Thanks :) - I'm not really doing highlights in the classic sense on my AT models, only where edges are without trim (if that makes sense). May try Evil Sunz Scarlet for these cases (mostly on Knights I guess!).

QFT. I can't continue my 40K World Eaters army because of the discontinuation of FW Word Bearer's Red. :sad.:

Lovely Knights, though, Atia! I think you just convinced me to do a facsimile of the Legio Mortis colour scheme on my Renegade Knights...

Yep, feel with ya, my 40k DG uses the FW Typhus Ash.

Glad you like my tiny Knights Auggi :wub:. Regarding Legio Mortis and Knights - as with Gryphonicus I will be doing two different schemse for my Mortis Knights - House Malinax aswell as House Morbidia - who use exactly the same colours as Mortis but inverted, with the same insignia as far as I'm aware.

Talking about the Death Head's - currently working on the bases for my three Warlords:

EfTR0AY.jpg

I like what I am seeing! Those bases are going to be amazing!

Thanks hushrong :smile.:

Some more progress!

TOHKZAi.jpg

Loving everything in this thread, it all looks super cool. There is one thing I want to know:

Kreth'ilik

Hidden Content

gallery_79873_10492_377044.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_59183.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_66198.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_144755.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_308518.jpg

How'd you do the base? Specifically: Where did you get such a sized base?

I ask, because I just received my own Brass Scorpion and want to base her.

Hey Gederas and thanks for the nice words :smile.:

The base is a custom one, did use an ovale picture frame if I remember it correctly - hope that helps =)

Edited by Atia

Loving everything in this thread, it all looks super cool. There is one thing I want to know:

Kreth'ilik

Hidden Content

The base is a custom one, did use an ovale picture frame if I remember it correctly - hope that helps =)

No problem! I thought I had commented on you r thread before, looks like I didn't. Whoops :lol:

And yes, it does help.

That's a lot of heavy firepower there.

Thanks! Points wise my Legio Mortis will be roughly 3000 points and that's without an Imperator Titan. Should give me enough to play around with different maniples for smaller games, aswell as enough to re-play the bigger scenarios like the Battle for the Magma City down the line!

Nice amount of Mechs you have there. The finished(I can't remember if you said you finished it yet) one looks great.

Glad you like them. The Death Head's are known to have a bulk of Warlords, Reavers and Nightgaunts - so I figured a core of three bettlebacks sounds just right.

Kreth'ilik

Hidden Content

No problem! I thought I had commented on you r thread before, looks like I didn't. Whoops :laugh.:

And yes, it does help.

Valar Dohaeris :happy.:!

Great work!

Thanks buddy :biggrin.:

Another quick question (I know, I'm full of these).

Did you pin the 'knee' joints of the legs, or do they hold up fine with just super glue?

To be honest, I'm not quite sure. Think I didn't had to pin them though (if you are still talking about the scorpion). :smile.:

Great to see those Warlords taking shaping!

Thanks buddy - some more progress - started to work on the trim. Still lots to do!

d9E92uo.jpg

Ha! They look funny without their armour; kinda' like a cat fresh from a bath.

Nice progress.

more like a madcat/timberwolf....... I want to get some of these even more now!

These are looking really nice.

Haha you both made my day! :wub:

Nice progress

Thank ya! Some more - slowly they start to look like Death Head's!

aIGVj3A.jpg

• 3 weeks later...