Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see him all together

Well, you ask, I deliver:

qM81gPv.jpg

3P9mBwF.jpg

BRRCiIv.jpg

Still need to do weathering and the glow, but progress is progress, right?

Gottta love those chibi titans. :wink:

Thaaaaanks Auggi! And well, if you like Chibi Titans .... what do you say to Chibi Secutarii?!

glxmRcf.jpg

Very nice paint-job on the reflective surface of the titan's face-mask. Shows how easy it can be to achieve good results if only one tries.

Glad you like it :blush.:

Looks great.

Are the Secutarii going to be on the base of the titan?

Thanks! And yee, tiny Secutarii for the tiny Titan's base! 

Love the Knight Titan so far, Atia! 

Can we have a shot from the front with the fist?

Also, the energy weapon on his left arm, is it affixed at an angle? In the third pic it seems a bit skewed. :ohmy.:

Hehe, it's a Warlord-Sinister, not a mere Knight! I'll do more pictures once the whole thing is finished!

Regarding the weapon ..... it was indeed a tiiiiny bit bent, for me it looks fine now? :ohmy.:

CLIcGdx.jpg

Edited by Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

Painted the first of the Secutarii Sinister - quite happy how he turned out, tell me what you think:

rKBw4ly.jpg

59DQdFv.jpg

Handsome lad. Good choice on head of the lion, it's iconic for the Sinister. 

Glad you like it! It's quite a shame that FW didn't go with the lionshoulders or atleast some transfers ... but well, I'm quite happy with mine now!

Fantastic work on the titan!

Thanks buddy ^.^

:ohmy.:

Amazing work! You are rekindling a lot of my interest!

Hehe, mission accomplished. 

• 1 month later...

Occedentalis-Sabaktes

Warlord-Sinister Psi Titan

"There are monsters, and then there are the monsters we make to fight them. Both are the same. The difference is simply a choice of how we see ourselves."

- The Emperor of Mankind, during the Massacre of Angorite, late Unification-era

bp1gRDw.jpg

The exact genesis of the experiments which led to the creation of the Ordo Sinister is difficult to pin down by scholarly observers in later ages. As with almost all that began in the prohibited vaults of the Emperor's own laboratory complex beneath the Imperial Palace on Terra, its nature remains sealed by time and by the destruction that was to follow. Such records that do remain within the Martian Mechanicus, however, who, given the nature of the Ordo Sinister's origins, were seriously perturbed by the project -- or more accurately their exclusion from it -- do evidence certain speculations.

The ancient Mechanicum believed that the project was created either as a tangent of what was to become the Emperor's great project to control and manipulate the psyker factor in Human evolution, or as a direct attempt to develop esoteric weaponry on the macro scale to combat certain encountered menaces which had proven terrible in the cost of their destruction.

These menaces, such as Enslaver Alpha-incursions, the Rangdan Osseivores and the Hellespont Void-forms, all of which had taken the lives of millions of Imperial soldiers and thousands of star vessels to combat, and had broken whole expeditionary fleets and Titan Legions in the past, were menaces to which no sure counter existed save that of Exterminatus.

The purpose of what became the Ordo Sinister was the battlefield employment of macro-level weaponry of terrible potency and of a nature which was expressly forbidden to any within the Imperium, be they Primarch or Planetary Governor, on pain of death.

These were weapons born of the science of the Dark Age of Technology and perhaps ancient relics of alien civilisations which had risen and fallen before life had even begun on primeval Terra. These were weapons forbidden to all but those under the Emperor's direct shadow and control, and even then only under the greatest possible conditions of secrecy and failsafe. The Ordo Sinister was the cadre set up to build, maintain and use these weapons, classed as their name suggests as Sinistrum. This word has long stood as the Terran tech-arcana classification for prohibited technologies designed to artificially amplify or weaponise the psyker's gift, usually at the cost of the psyker himself, body or mind ...

ZnMlbmb.jpg

U21W3ed.jpg

In information given to the Council of Terra before the Heresy by the Ordo Sinister's representative, an officer of the Ordo named Prefect Kelner Anahat, it was confirmed with authenticated patents that the organisation of the Ordo Sinister was arranged and provisioned entirely to an exacting framework laid out by the writ and dictate of the Emperor, from which it could not deviate nor innovate upon pain of destruction.

It comprised four allied but self-contained fortress crypts -- each with their own defences, support staff, menials and techno-arcanists, all in support of a "chamber," each comprising five specially-modified Warlord Titans. These god-engines, properly classified as Terranic Pattern Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titans, were each rebuilt around an Emperor-designed psychic amplification matrix device called the Ciricrux Anima.

In place of the standard Titan configuration of Mind Impulse Units, it was this which controlled and empowered the Warlord-Sinister and in place of the moderati that would normally crew a Battle Titan, the Psi-Titans were instead crewed by what might be considered the damned -- bound psykers surgically locked in place and cybernetically slaved to the will of the "Preceptor-Intendant" , selected from those who served within the Sisters of Silence or the Culexus Clade, and cybernetically augmented to allow for Human-machine interface.

17mAmpW.jpg

XCnzOi3.jpg

1L5r4pn.jpg

Note: Hoplites of the Secutarii Sinister. It is said that alongside the 25 Warlord Titans given to the Ordo Sinister, a honourguard of Secutarii hailing from the Forges of Mars, Metalica, Pharon, Arachnus, Caradryn Magna and Voss were send to the Vaults of Terra to guard their engines in times of war.

GvN5rSN.jpg

Thanks for the great comments everyone. I had quite a few setbacks in the last few weeks, and it feels good to make some progress. Still need to add plasma glow aswell as a banner between his legs, but for now I'm quite happy with him!

The secutarii sinister is awesome. Whats even more awesome is you painted a striped cord in his back. That thing is microscopic!

Glad you like them!

Nice!

Yee ^.^

GgGuUyl.gif

It's so tiny! Gotta love it. 

YEEEE! Tiny Secutarii for Tiiiny Titans :wub:

Great work!

I second that. The infantrymen at the Titan's feet are a good touch.

Thanks boys :blush.:

The titan is sweet!! As are the secutarii!

The paint job is sweet with the colors you’ve achieved and effects like glowing runes and streaks coming from the armor trim.

Thanks for the nice words hushrong! Felt like an eternity since my last freehands, so it was quite cool to do that again :happy.:

:jawdrop:

:biggrin.: :happy.: :blush.: