Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Havocs

Havunts kal Abaddon

Some Heretic Astartes squads carry a high proportion of heavy weapons to lay down supporting fire for their brethren. Known as Havocs, these squads provide devastating anti-infantry and anti-armour firepower, and dominate large swathes of the battlefield with their merciless volleys of fire. Such is the blood-pounding thrill of pouring heavy fire into the enemy ranks that many many of them become obsessed by the power their weapons afford them. They see themselves as gods of the battlefield, blasting the insect vermin of the enemy into oblivion with each twitch of the finger. Over time, a Havoc Squad that lingers within the Warp may find their heavy weapons becoming a part of them, extensions of their own physical body that can never be laid down or relinquished.

Casings blend with flesh, blood plasma becomes highly volatile, and ammunition hoppers become hungry second mouths that snap and growl for more bullets. Eventually, Chaos Space Marine and weapon become one and the same entity. This is the way of Chaos -- where the Warp bleeds into realspace, it is not nature that defines form but deadly psychic compulsion -- the ugliness in a Havoc's soul is made manifest in the flesh for all to see.

nQz5EVk.jpg

Note: Corrupted Power Armour, based upon non-production Mark V.

w7tjPhN.jpg

Note: Mormadron, Aspiring Champion of the Havunts kal Abaddon; suspected origin: Sons of Horus

UltYWsu.jpg

PdloNJh.jpg

Note: Thrymbjald, Brother of the Havunts kal Abaddon; suspected origin: Skyrar's Dark Wolves

fS3JqwD.jpg

Note: Although it is not uncommon for Black Legion units and even some Warbands to consist of the same gene-seed origins, most of them are actually made up of veterans of ten thousand years of war, with a varying degree of former loyalities. That said, usually similiar tempered souls will work together, as seen here. 

SOL7qyf.jpg

Note: Margarr, Brother of the Havunts kal Abaddon; suspected origin: World Eaters

rMKJeiQ.jpg

Note: Faraxis, Brother of the Havunts kal Abaddon; suspected origin: Iron Warriors

ebwOXIw.jpg

Note: Mogley, Brother of the Havunts kal Abaddon; suspected origin: Sons of Horus

Wow, I'm already at page 100 - and still I feel far to slow haha. Thanks everyone for commenting and liking over the past five years :wub:  - it really keeps me motivated :blush.:.  

Lovely stuff – Abaddon's looking particularly impressive, and the paintwork on the Obliterators makes them look suitably semi-daemonic while balancing that nicely with their 'space marine-ness'.

Thanks for the nice words Apologist :wub:

The Obliterators are awesome, Atia. The lore write ups really drive home a unique flavor. 

Glad you like them! 

Excellent work on the Obliterators.

Thanks Bjorn :happy.:

I don't like the models too much personally, but your paintjob is great.

Thanks! I need to admit, for me atleast, the models look a lot better in real life than on their official promo pictures - but I guess people either like or hate their new concept of mutated Centurions instead of wibble-wabble-wobble-bigger-Terminators.

Note: Mormadron, Aspiring Champion of the Havunts kal Abaddon; suspected origin: Sons of Horus

Good guess, he even looks like Little Horus Abaddon.

Hehe. In this case, it's an easy guess indeed (and I loooove how many little Horus Abaddon heads the new CSM kits have!). That said, I think the Inquisition has their information from a bunch of different sources, including armour/black carapax signals that may still reference their original legion/chapter. This would be the case for my Obliterators - just imagine what made a member of the White Scars Kharash break his oath and "join" the Black Legion?

Excellent work on the Havocs. What does "Havunts kal" mean? "Disciples of"?

Glad you like them! The titles are my own interpretation of Cthonian (based upon Tamil), and denotes their warband or sub-cult within one - Kyons kal Alikkum would be the Disciples of Obliteration in low Gothic. For the Havocs, well they are oath bound to a certain Urkrathos :whistling:

Edited by Atia

Inspirational as always - whenever I visit your threads I feel like my unpainted minis are jumping off the shelf at me. I love the hints at the havocs' former allegiances (the hazard stripe cables are a nice touch) and the choice of a dark wolf is interesting... don't see those often at all.

Phenomenal Abbadon, I hope you're suitably proud of him!

So "Havunts" means "Oathbound," while "Kyons" means "Disciples"?

No, Havunts means Hounds :smile.:

The Havocs look great. They're Black and they're a Legion so pretty much covers the two requirements so I approve. :yes::thumbsup:

Hehe, glad you like them!

Inspirational as always - whenever I visit your threads I feel like my unpainted minis are jumping off the shelf at me. I love the hints at the havocs' former allegiances (the hazard stripe cables are a nice touch) and the choice of a dark wolf is interesting... don't see those often at all.

Phenomenal Abbadon, I hope you're suitably proud of him!

Thanks for the nice words :wub:.

The Black Crusade is slowly forming - but I'll take a little break from them 'till Call of Chaos starts ... and with the dark gods mustering their forces all over the galaxy, I think it's the perfect time to do something for Necromunda - after all, whispers are out that the bloody Corpsegrinders are coming from the Depths of Hive Arkus .... and the only answer to this can be law and faith .... :wink:

gallery_79873_15578_8428.png

Edited by Atia

The Black Legion

Born as the XVIth Space Marine Legion on Terra, the Black Legion would first rise to greatness under the name of the Luna Wolves. Before the dark days of the Horus Heresy they fought at the Emperor's side on Terra and through the early years of the Great Crusade. They were as stalwart and indefatigable as any of the servants of the Emperor and their actions exemplified what it meant to be a warrior of the Space Marine Legions. Brutal, ruthless and unwavering but also honourable, and once loyal beyond question, the history of the Black Legion is the history of the ambition of the Imperium itself, and the flaws that broke its founder's dreams of unification and glory for all Mankind asunder.

The Black Legion is now one of the Traitor Legions of Chaos Space Marines who are united in the pursuit of the single purpose of overthrowing the Imperium. They oppose the infighting that consumes so many of their brethren amongst the other Traitor Legions, for the Astartes of the Black Legion are the greatest servants of Chaos Undivided. They are always brought together in great numbers to work the will of their Warmaster of Chaos, Abaddon the Despoiler, the heir of Horus. Whenever the entirety of the Black Legion is called to battle, it marks the beginning of another one of Abaddon's Black Crusades against the Imperium of Man.

nRpYerx.jpg

8JjvWqd.jpg

0QQoYhw.jpg

RKhpSnW.jpg

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

While waiting for my Cawdor and Enforcers kits to arrive I decided to continue work on Belladonna which I started over a year ago - she's still quite early WIP :smile.:

Hidden Content
HdBKzII.jpg

A fine army.

Thanks Bjorn!

Quite awesome

Glad you like them :happy.:

Beautiful work Atia, utterly beautiful.

Thanks for the kind words!

Heh, Abby crushing the most iconic Space Marine of this edition - the PRIMARIS LIEUTENANT!
Nice one :biggrin.:

Hehe :wink:

Cool stuff

Thanks!

Your Havocs are absolutely kickin':thumbsup:

Hehe, they are indeed - little khorney heavy kickers :wub:

So "Havunts" means "Oathbound," while "Kyons" means "Disciples"?

No, Havunts means Hounds
Thanks for the language lesson.

Valar Dohaeris :smile.:

Edited by Atia

• 3 weeks later...

I was quite busy with political stuff the last weeks - but here's a progress update on Belladonna - she's almost done, just need to do a few little things aswell as the base and weathering :smile.:

bSvQSCw.jpg

Hope you like her so far :blush.:

Belladonna

Nobel Bounty Huntress, formerly of House Escher, Revenge Incarnate

All stories start the same - everyone starts with "Once upon a time". For one star to shine, another must go out. All stories have their history - two noble houses equal in rank and name, and an arranged marriage that shall bind them together forever, which blossomed into true love. Their luck was short-lived though, and even before the ink on the wedding contract was dry, young Belladonna lost both her husband and half her body. She now stalks the underhive as a Bounty Huntress for hire, seeking her beloved's killers and the identity of the mysterious faction that sundered the alliance of Escher and Ran Lo. As the ancient saying goes ‘don’t mess with a woman wronged’, and Belladonna has been oh so wronged ...

8iA707L.jpg

qoebHP4.jpg

WyqaRWq.jpg

+ Revenge is never a straight line + 

Edited by Atia

Belladonna is beautifully painted. How will you decorate her base?

Looks good

Thanks boys :blush.:

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Adeptus Titanicus in here...

Haha, no worries! I'll continue my AT stuff as soon as the next Horus Heresy Black Book is released - hoping for some Secutarii colour schemes there since it covers the Titan War during the Thramas Crusade!

Edited by Atia