Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

ZONE MORTALIS!?

Neeeecroooomunda! :)

Yeah saw them on facebook. Looks cool

Yep, can't wait to use them on my own board :wub:

Got my hands on lots of lots of new DG stuff yesterday (19 Plague Marines, 5 Blightlord Terminators) and started to build the second half of my first squad. I need to say while the parts and details are really awesome, you don't have that much customization options without cutting - infact, most legs have two different chest and weapon loadouts, and some arms won't fit with other legs or chest pieces.

That said I'm quite happy with these first guys :happy.::

gallery_79873_10492_166442.jpg

Oh Necromunda! I am looking forward to that in November. Never got a chance to play it and the closest I have gotten is Shadow War.

The Death Guard are also looking proper. I have to agree that the minis are cool but there isn't a lot of easy interchangeable parts. Despite that it's nice to see some extra work put in to them because they look great.

The left most head is very bug-like and freaky

Yeah! he's inspired by a classic model (cookies if you can tell me which one :P).

Oh Necromunda! I am looking forward to that in November. Never got a chance to play it and the closest I have gotten is Shadow War.

The Death Guard are also looking proper. I have to agree that the minis are cool but there isn't a lot of easy interchangeable parts. Despite that it's nice to see some extra work put in to them because they look great.

Yeah, only three weeks to go for Necromunda :wub: !

Not much progress on the DG from me in the last days, but I worked a bit on the Tallyman today:

gallery_79873_10492_193283.jpg

Yeah! he's inspired by a classic model (cookies if you can tell me which one :tongue.:).

I like cookies.  I think I know which classic model you're talking about, I remember this because it was in a White Dwarf Heavy Metal feature:

0902e1a1612588e50603eb40283923f2.jpg

I also like this thread, just as much as cookies.  I'm also working on my little Nurgle-themed project here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340376-patient-zero-chaos-daemons-astra-militarum-artillery-army/

Yeah! he's inspired by a classic model (cookies if you can tell me which one :tongue.:).

I like cookies.  I think I know which classic model you're talking about, I remember this because it was in a White Dwarf Heavy Metal feature:

0902e1a1612588e50603eb40283923f2.jpg

I also like this thread, just as much as cookies.  I'm also working on my little Nurgle-themed project here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340376-patient-zero-chaos-daemons-astra-militarum-artillery-army/

*shares a cookie*

:thumbsup:

Yeah, just holding cash in hand and waiting for GW to take it! Really looking forward to taking the Eschers out for a scrap!

The tallyman is also looking good. I had stared at images of him from time to time when images were being leaked and never realized his hands were holding the abacus.

Looks good

Thanks buddy :)

Yeah, just holding cash in hand and waiting for GW to take it! Really looking forward to taking the Eschers out for a scrap!

The tallyman is also looking good. I had stared at images of him from time to time when images were being leaked and never realized his hands were holding the abacus.

Oh yeah, Necromunda is gonna be sooooo awesome! It's gonna eat all my hobby time :teehee:

Regarding the Tallyman - his abacus is actually held by a tentacle arm of him!

Yeah haha. One of my bud’s is thinking about playing Shadespire which looks good but I am stoked about necromunda. Going to have to get the box and that gang war book. Also want to sharpen up my near non-existent paint skills so I can paint skull faces in eschers.

As for the the tally man I think one arm is holding papers and the other a bone quill...and I never questioned what’s holding up the abacus. Chaos just taught me to roll with it I guess haha.

Yeah haha. One of my bud’s is thinking about playing Shadespire which looks good but I am stoked about necromunda. Going to have to get the box and that gang war book. Also want to sharpen up my near non-existent paint skills so I can paint skull faces in eschers.

As for the the tally man I think one arm is holding papers and the other a bone quill...and I never questioned what’s holding up the abacus. Chaos just taught me to roll with it I guess haha.

Regarding Shadespire - it's a great, quick, cheap, low model count game. My gf and me are playing it quite often now and it's really awesome! Defo worth to try it out, it takes roughly 30 minutes to play. Necromunda on the other side will take a bit longer, and isn't ideal for "lunchbreak" games (you can put everything you need in the Shadespire box and go with it!).

Regarding Shadespire - it's a great, quick, cheap, low model count game. My gf and me are playing it quite often now and it's really awesome! Defo worth to try it out, it takes roughly 30 minutes to play. Necromunda on the other side will take a bit longer, and isn't ideal for "lunchbreak" games (you can put everything you need in the Shadespire box and go with it!).

That's good to hear. I like smaller scale games and I have been wanting to get a fantasy type game going.

As for Necromunda I hope my group can play that during game night or on a weekend game session. Ideally I would like to get a campaign going. If I remember correctly gang members could suffer injuries or even die. Something about that permanent damage has me biting nails like crazy like when we played bloodbowl.

The tallyman is coming along together splendidly. I love his back pack and if I used doom sirens on my Emperor's Children I would want some of those for my boys. It's creepy and has speakers, what's not to love?

That's good to hear. I like smaller scale games and I have been wanting to get a fantasy type game going.

As for Necromunda I hope my group can play that during game night or on a weekend game session. Ideally I would like to get a campaign going. If I remember correctly gang members could suffer injuries or even die. Something about that permanent damage has me biting nails like crazy like when we played bloodbowl.

The tallyman is coming along together splendidly. I love his back pack and if I used doom sirens on my Emperor's Children I would want some of those for my boys. It's creepy and has speakers, what's not to love?

Try it out - I think your local store should also have a copy for test games ;)

Necromunda should be fine for a game night or weekend. I feel with you on the BloodBowl "death" issue, but that's nothing a good house rule can't change (tbh, for me it's enough to say they aren't dead but that much injured that they need to do new training, hence a player gets worse than he was, instead of beeing dead and replaced!).

And yeah, the speakers are awesome! I imagine he was a former Master of Signal :biggrin.:.

Looks awesome :biggrin.:

Thanks buddy :happy.:

Also - little update on the Tallyman. Still needs his arms though :sweat: :tongue.:

That makes him relatively 'armless. :teehee:

:teehee: Now he isn't anymore ;)

Cool stuff, another thread I need to catch up on.

:blush.:  Thank you!

That's amazing and your corrleation to the HH really puts it over the top outstanding work per usual

Glad you like him :happy.: