Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

The Nurgle-Drone-Cherub-Cabbage Patch kid is looking good. For a creepy, one eyed bug. Mortarion is also coming along splendidly. His colors are looking great!

Technically a cherub is a hybrid of a man with either a lion or a bull sometimes with wings (the etymologically related term kirubu is another name for Lamassu like the Chaos Dwarf unit) and the winged babies are Putti/Cupids/amorini.

Really those things are just Imps (as are all Nurglings in general) and 40k already follows common language in misnaming things as cherubs but Plague Putti alliterates and has a nitpicky excuse.

I actually didn't know that :o
The more you know... *Cue rainbow effect*

Atia, good to hear Nurgle has taken notice of you spreading his works! Do hope you are feeling better.

Good to see mortarion coming along too! Out of curiousity will you be adding more to the base? It looks great but there is some prime real estate to be used that can bask in Lord Mortarions shadow.

Out of curiousity will you be adding more to the base? It looks great but there is some prime real estate to be used that can bask in Lord Mortarions shadow. 

I plan to add some water-effect to the green parts of the base, aswell as the nurglings. Other than that, "normal" Death Guard basing is planned :)

The Nurgle-Drone-Cherub-Cabbage Patch kid is looking good. For a creepy, one eyed bug. Mortarion is also coming along splendidly. His colors are looking great!

Technically a cherub is a hybrid of a man with either a lion or a bull sometimes with wings (the etymologically related term kirubu is another name for Lamassu like the Chaos Dwarf unit) and the winged babies are Putti/Cupids/amorini.

Really those things are just Imps (as are all Nurglings in general) and 40k already follows common language in misnaming things as cherubs but Plague Putti alliterates and has a nitpicky excuse.

I actually didn't know that :ohmy.:

Keep up the good work.

Thanks buddy. Sadly I got sick half through the week (guess that's what you get when you make a pact with Nurgle!), but here's the last thing I worked on. It's not finished yet, want to add a little extra effect (hopefully it will work), but yeah, guess I'm back on the painting ship tomorrow :smile.:

gallery_79873_10492_732.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_13821.png

The base looks really cool. :)

He's looking great thus far! really like the off white/bone colour of the armour. The robes are the best colour to compliment the armour too and the spot colour of light green works perfectly. Look forward to seein him finished :smile.:

Thanks buddy :smile.:

Great to see more of him coming together!

Yeah! And he should be finished soonish :smile.:

Thanks for the comments guys - did some work on the Lantern today :smile.:

Looks ace!

Really silly and simple question from me...

What do you use to attach the sprue to the part without any damages so you can hold onto it etc? :tongue.:

Either glue it on a part where you don't care because you won't see it anyways, or just use some adhesive pads :smile.:. Or you can just pin it in place =)

Edited by Atia