Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Bringers of Despair

Tepkair kal Varupavarkash

After he reforged the Traitor Legion that had once been the Sons of Horus in the wake of the Horus Heresy, Ezekyle Abaddon formed from the newborn Black Legion's ranks a personal bodyguard, known as the Bringers of Despair, among other dark titles. Selected from the strongest and most vicious of his Chaos Terminators, these fearsome warriors would become a terrifying sight, their arrival announcing the presence of the Despoiler himself upon the battlefield.

tagz7WW.jpg

Although the core of these chosen warriors are thouse surviving Justaerin who swore their alligiance to Abaddon, through the last ten millenia many warriors of different heritage were elevated to their status. Once recast in black and gold, all are brethren under the Eye. The particular unit follows the orders of the Aspiring Champion Beren Flekkadon, a former brother of the Sons of Horus First Company.

l8p9h8O.jpg

Note: Forontioch, Brother of the Tepkair kal Varupavarkash; suspected origin: Iron Warriors. 

NBDVfRM.jpg

Note: Corrupted Indomitus pattern Terminator Armour. Although the original cadre of Justaerin at the outbreak of the Horus Heresy was usually equipped with a unique variant of prototype Cataphractii, the years to come would see additional reinforcements using both Tartarus and Indomitus, among others. Following ten millenia of war, the Bringers of Despair still use this mix, although both Cataphractii and Tartarus had become quite rare by the time of the 13th Black Crusade.

Im61xYQ.jpg

Note: Sar Memgron, Brother of the Tepkair kal Varupavarkash; suspected origin: Sons of Horus

xj5osTz.jpg

pbKK0a1.jpg

Sereza, Brother of the Tepkair kal Varupavarkash; suspected origin: Word Bearers

Ur1MdTa.jpg

ZfdjtJW.jpg

Voltrun, Brother of the Tepkair kal Varupavarkash; suspected origin: Sons of Horus

d1h4n09.jpg

LSnEXCzr.jpg

s8BSSeI.jpg

Space Sharks with lots of ornaments.

I think I may do them indeed! Just need to figure out how to paint them authenticly to match them with my Funko Collection (so no highlightes, satin outcome, etc).

Nice haul & I really want to see you paint that sister!

As for the funko figures I’d vote for a Marines Malevolent.

I'm not really that much interested in the Marines Malevolent tbh. Thinking about doing Minotaurs as second Funko right now!

Stupid question: how did you get your plastic Sister already?  And I haven't seen any Titanic in a bit.  

I'm usually getting stuff in advance for previews, but in that case Warhammer Day :blush.:

Excellent work on the Terminators.

Glad you like them! :biggrin.:

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

Going to a festival over the next week, so don't expect much progress - but I kitbashed an unit of Black Legion Plague Marines - tell me what you think!

ZNXBNXw.jpg

Great looking squad Atia! I really like the light chipping, weathering and the small details like the kill marks on the reaper autocannon.

Glad you like them :blush.:

Them there some good terminators :tongue.:

Thanks! :happy.:

Space sharks and Minotaurs! Brutal!

Uh huh! :biggrin.:

Edited by Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

I'm back in the hobby chair - and while I'm working on Abaddon (more to that one later this day - hopefully ^.^), just want to share two schemes from the new Chaos Knight Codex and my ideas for them. First up is House Lucaris - I also got one of the new Chaos Knights so that's the scheme I'll use for him. 

hcu0hiD.jpg

I need to admit, I'm not really sure what their main colour is supposed to be. Both from the Codex in hands and the 'Eavy Metal paint job it looks actually a bit like Sons of Horus green for me ..... so that's what I plan to use for mine. The black, red and gold should make it fit quite right alongside my Black Legion force!

The second colour scheme I want to share is House Vextrix - currently I'm thinking about doing a Support Banner of these for my Adeptus Titanicus scale Legio Mortis. Titandeath states they were green and black already during Beta-Garmon, so the scheme should work quite well for 30k!

BOSYekw.jpg

And now, back to painting the Despoiler *work work*

:happy.:

Drach'nyen

nch87WC.jpg

It is said Drach'nyen can take many forms, and it only appears as a great blade in the hands of Abaddon because that is how the Warmaster of Chaos chooses it to be. In truth, the sword has no real shape or size, at least nothing that could be understood by the mind of Man.

Why it chose to let Abaddon take it from its resting place beneath the Tower of Silence is also a mystery, though since that day only Abaddon has been able to wield it.

If another warrior were brave enough to try and lift Drach'nyen, it would fall from his hands as if made of air, though not before rending the thief apart with Warp energy.

As to why Drach'nyen fights for Abaddon, none can say for sure, though such a pact can mean nothing but woe for the forces of the Emperor and all Mankind.

Edited by Atia

Sadly no progress update for now, as I'm gone again 'till Monday, and after that I *should* try to get something painted up for Warcry .... yeah I'm just a busy butterfly :sweat:. Anyways, replies :wub:

The Daemon weapon of the Supreme Warmaster of Chaos Ascendant is well-painted. I also like the flavor text- is it your own work, or a copy of something from Games Workshop and/or Black Library?

Since it was one of my "I need to go but want to post a quick update posts", it's something official. The art is so blend it with your own stuff so that your own stuff looks like real stuff, huh! *dons my Alpha Legion T-Shirt today*

Drach’nyen looks deadly! And nice to see some progress on the Despoiler!

Glad you like it! Hopefully I can do some more work on him next week :happy.:

I'm really looking forward to your Abaddon! Drach'nyen is very promising.

And those Terminators look great. I like the bits of fluff you came up with for them. The battlefield shots make me want to play :smile.:

Thanks buddy! :blush.:

Edited by Atia

Upon returning we found a copy of "Warhammer 40k Munchkin" waiting so we used last night to tackle it!

Zdtd0UC.jpg

8smxhSI.jpg

It's as cute as other Munchkin games - and of course my first monster was none other than big Morty himself :dry.:

03ATu1H.jpg

Using the power of cheating is to get some extra arms is the true nature of chaos :wink:

xLLqIqX.jpg

Drach'nyen

Hidden Content
nch87WC.jpg
[/center]
You really managed to bring out the demon sword's character as a distinct entity quite well with this paint job...

Glad you like it :happy.:

Will work on Abaddon later this day, so stay tuned :sweat:

Edited by Atia

Little progress update - worked on Abaddon's head last night - the undersuit of his terminator armour is actually quite cute, so I totally need to share it haha:

IWHecfj.jpg

In other news - my Table of Ultimate Gaming finally arrived, but it's missing two parts for now as they send too many "N" parts and no "M" parts :wallbash: ... besides that it's quite nice though :sweat:

jMMUkZ0.jpg