Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Atia! Your DG look exactly like I want to do mine. 

About the goop on your ZM boards to mimic the toxic waste: I wouldn't go cutting anything. Why not pour wood glue on top of a floor board and elt it dry thinly, then add another layer which you leave to dry, and repeat untill you have a 5mm thick ayer, which you can then peel off and put on the board wherever you want, and which holds paint after a thorough primer like anything? 

It makes it customizable without damaging your ZM board.

Atia! Your DG look exactly like I want to do mine.

Glad you like them! Re-visiting one of my favourite Legions was awesome, especially in all their nurgly greatness. And I really see how much I improved over my original 30k Death Guard. Oh, and I'm glad Forgeworld released their airbrush paints, because I never want to mix colours again, haha!

About the goop on your ZM boards to mimic the toxic waste: I wouldn't go cutting anything. Why not pour wood glue on top of a floor board and elt it dry thinly, then add another layer which you leave to dry, and repeat untill you have a 5mm thick ayer, which you can then peel off and put on the board wherever you want, and which holds paint after a thorough primer like anything?

It makes it customizable without damaging your ZM board.

Well, the thing is - I have a lot of ZM tiles here and the usual table size of these games (and Necromunda) isn't really thaaaat big. So it doesn't really matter when I convert a few of them to make them more interesting - it's not damaging, it's expanding!

Speaking of it - converting on the "bridge tile" is so far done!

gallery_79873_10492_114607.jpg

And I'm gonna use magnets for my 3D ductways!

gallery_79873_10492_5857.jpg

Edited by Atia

Atia how did you get so many ZM tiles??? Wish I had that problem so Jealous haha

Beautiful work can't wait to see some more progress the duct work is interesting.

Krash

Well, I love Zone Mortalis so I ordered a 7x4 table some time ago. Glad I have found the motivation to finally start it ^.^

Fun fact - the packages were bigger than me haha (which isn't hard, because I'm small, buuuuut still!).

Looking good! I love that bridge. Cannot wait till the first instance "you go first" happens with the gangs.

Haha yeah! Or the first time someone gets dragged up back by a harpoon cannon :P?

Not much progress in the last days, I'm actually waiting for more plastic card to arrive here :dry.:

med_gallery_79873_10492_96310.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_143782.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_28116.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_104519.jpg

Fantastic body of work you have there. This is the first chance I've had to look at your post and I skimmed through all of it.... very impressive:yes: 

Your ZM board is coming along nicely, and I look forward to following your progress. Keep up the good work sister:thumbsup: 

Fantastic body of work you have there. This is the first chance I've had to look at your post and I skimmed through all of it.... very impressive:yes:

Your ZM board is coming along nicely, and I look forward to following your progress. Keep up the good work sister:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy!

Still trying to figure out what to use for the toxic slime to get a good effect:

gallery_79873_10492_170790.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_580586.jpg

Any ideas/guides are welcome :)

KITTIE!

Yaw, that's Sansa, my onyx Gyrinx :wub:

Clear epoxy or liquid resin mixed with your choice of paint or ink makes great toxic slime. Different paint or dye mediums will make for different effects (most quite good and interesting) so I recommend experimenting (experimenting is fun:biggrin.:).

Thanks guys =)

The idea is to get the board similiar to the original FW display board (or atleast that's where the inspiration comes from), and blend it with the Necromunda tiles details, including transfers and so ^.^

Edited by Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

Managed to snap some (hopefully) good quality pictures of my recent Death Guard heroes - hope you like!

Commanders of the Harbingers

The 1st Plague Company is ruled over by Typhus, and its forces are often called the Harbingers. Its ranks are infested with hundreds of different strains of the Zombie Plague, including Shamblerot, the Groaning and Biter's Pox.

gallery_79873_10492_275712.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_572645.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_393285.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_91547.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_132745.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_181945.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_77826.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_147411.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_393649.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_44378.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_428244.jpg

Edited by Atia

Impressive work on Typhus and his minions. Is his model a new release for 8th Edition, or one you customized?

Thanks buddy :)

It's his new 8th edition model :biggrin.:

They look righteous! Love the yearbook picture of the command group. It would be a real treat to even put my minis on the same table as those for a game!

As for the board, I think you have it down...and then some! The way you had that segment painted up was grittier and definitely fights what I think of close quarter confines for 40k.

Nice looking group

Thanks buddy =)

They look righteous! Love the yearbook picture of the command group. It would be a real treat to even put my minis on the same table as those for a game!

As for the board, I think you have it down...and then some! The way you had that segment painted up was grittier and definitely fights what I think of close quarter confines for 40k.

Awww glad you like them :blush.:

And yeah, I will defo go the way I went with the test piece. Will also add some more to my already finished 2x2 tile so it all fits together =)