Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

House Vyronii

Cerastus Knight Banner Demeter

Known officially as The Ancient and Resolute Order of the Knight House of Vyronii, and as the "Wardens of Felweather" and the "Godeaters". House Vyronii is counted amongst the most venerable Questor Imperialis Familia of the entire Segmentum Obscurus, its Knights being famed for their tenacity and their uniquely sorrowful demeanour. Separated from the rest of humanity's domains for millennia, House Vyronii nevertheless stood their ground against xenos incursions and the frightful megafauna of their home planet, Damaetus III/II.

Severely depleted by the time it was rediscovered by advanced forces of the Great Crusade, House Vyronii joined the Emperor's forces in their conquest of the galaxy and gained much renown on scores of different battlefields. Almost destroyed in the first hours of the Horus Heresy, House Vyronii was saved by the actions of the legendary Gios Jakh, whose warnings roused the Knights of House Vyronii to war and whose leadership would prove paramount in the dark years to follow. 

mZjNZUh.jpg

Note: Cerastus Knight-Lancers lead by Chancellor Helene Bavarr

Throughout the Age of Strife, the Knight armours of House Vyronii were uniformly cream, the natural green glow of the gas giant of Damaetus II giving their armours the emerald green sheen they would later adapt as their House's official colour. It would only be after its integration within the armed forces of the Imperium and the subsequent expeditions under distant stars that this lack of adornment would be noticed by the Scions themselves.

As of 891.M30, the emerald green and white livery of House Vyronii was officially recognised by the Officio Militaris College of Arms, and by 904.M31 it had been ratified as their sole privilege. Beside these primary colours, the nobles of Damaetus III/II favour red or gueules as a secondary colour, symbolising the blood they have shed in the defence of their home world and its people.

0B6VLrV.jpg

n9TMRrC.jpg

yhE3tO9.jpg

WLDXd5E.jpg

pxdATof.jpg

k7939MO.jpg

WXWAOPU.jpg

Venator Light Demi-Maniple

Legio Mortis

Bound they were by rite and tradition in personal loyalty to the office of the Fabricator-General of Mars, and many times were they used both against his enemies in war (for Mars was not truly pacified until the coming of the Emperor), and as a weapon to maintain his authority among the Fabricator-General's own and punish recalcitrant Magi and even other Titan Legions when needed. As such, the Legio Mortis could muster one of the biggest Titan Autokratis - support forces far beyond their Corpus Secutarii. Seen here are Rangers of their Martian Skitarii Auxilia - using the traditional red, black and silver scheme of the Red Planet to differiate them from their elite Secutarii brethren.

RJW3cft.jpg

XIIPurY.jpg

DVr4QdZ.jpg

Note: The Death Head's bade symbolises the Legion's ancient mission of both standing sentinel at the Fabricator-General's gates as the personal protectors of his domain, and annihilating all life that would threaten the Machine Cult, for the Legio Mortis served as both sentry and exterminator.

DRFm5AP.jpg

t1F0slg.jpg

Kl8wJQQ.jpg

Edited by Atia

Phew - here's the whole bunch for the Titans of the Heresy challenge:

QPW9oWT.jpg

Hope you like my tiny titans - not sure what to do next .... maybe House Devine ... or the FW Realm of Battle tiles? 

Again, I must sommend your modeling and painting skills.

Glad you like them :happy.:

I love those cute lil doos 

Saaaame :wub:

Very nice! I really like the green!

Thank ya :blush.:

Love the cute skitarii

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaame :wub:  - talking about tiny support - 'Secutarii Hoplites' are on their way from Vanguard Miniatures :whistling: :cool.:  - and they are sooo adorable!

Those Vyronii are fantastic as are the god Machines of Legio Morris. So we’ll detailed and crisp!

Glad you like them buddy!

So which ones are the bad guys?!

And they look good!

Also will you do Sanguinius at some point?

Wait, "bad guys" are the followers of the Warmaster, right? :tongue.: Then the bad guys are the evil red and black ones with the chaotic trim - basically the titans version of the SoH! The white and green girls are 100% loyalists, basically the lyoal version of the Ember Wolves but as all-girls-legio :wub:.

And theeenks!

Funny that you ask - I actually ordered the boy in gold with his diorama base for later alongside Malevolence, but the package didn't arrive yet :cry:  

Excited to see some terrain work! Any chance of getting some epic tanks to litter the battlefield?

The Forgeworld Tiles have a crashed Xyphon (which will get painted in the colours of the Ultramarines), a destroyed Leman Russ (which will be painted as Cthonian Headhunter Solar Auxilia) aswell as a downed Knight (who will be used as test piece for my House Devine scheme). I want to get a second hangar tile so I can do one big so I may end up converting a sixth tile which may end up with a downed Warlord Titan similiar to what the Warhammer World Team did a few years back:

uCglxeR.jpg

May also add a train there too, not sure yet ^.^

That sounds like a heck of a plan! Something about ruined war machines on terrain always looks cool in my opinion. I need to go check out the FE tiles and see what it all looks like. The idea for your converted tile sounds very awesome as that’s one of my favorite boards from FW.

Make sure you surround the dead warlord with downed Quaestoris and Cersatus :wink:

Haha! The big problem there is that while I would love to do a lot of dead titans and knights, I could also just do ... welll .... not dead titans and knights instead haha! But one or two .... yeah ..... I could bring that sacrifice :wink:

That sounds like a heck of a plan! Something about ruined war machines on terrain always looks cool in my opinion. I need to go check out the FE tiles and see what it all looks like. The idea for your converted tile sounds very awesome as that’s one of my favorite boards from FW.

Indeed - although I will wait 'till Warhammer Fest - maybe they will announce more tiles haha ^.^

I love the idea!

Two thoughts regarding the casualties:

- downed Warlord: maybe best to have it on a specific base, embedded in the converted tile but that can also be used elsewhere, independently of the tiles

- downed knights: if destroyed with parts scattered here and there, I would have a look at how the old plastic ones might fare, this might allow for a lesser sacrifice (depending on availability of course)

Eager to see what you come up with, I am certain it will be top notch!

Hi Atia! Long time no comment of mine here on your thread. I recognize my failure and will be sure to correct it.

You made some excellent progress over the last two months! Good to see both maniples looking so bright and shiny -and done! I'm looking forward to your terrain projects. Hopefully you'll do some conversion work as well. :)

I love the idea!

Two thoughts regarding the casualties:

- downed Warlord: maybe best to have it on a specific base, embedded in the converted tile but that can also be used elsewhere, independently of the tiles

- downed knights: if destroyed with parts scattered here and there, I would have a look at how the old plastic ones might fare, this might allow for a lesser sacrifice (depending on availability of course)

Eager to see what you come up with, I am certain it will be top notch!

Yeah, I think something similiar to Forgeworld's Primarch Bases may work - so I can use the downed stuff for other tables too, especially as I will need them for the Titandeath :whistling:. 

By the way, will you be sticking to purely GW/FW terrain kits for this? I'd recommend a bit of mixing the various terrain kits, kinda akin to this. :smile.:

For now, I'll just use my FW and GW stuff - already ordered the big spires set. That said, I defo want to get some of Vanguard Miniatures kits to add further on them, especially the upcoming ruins :sweat:. 

Hi Atia! Long time no comment of mine here on your thread. I recognize my failure and will be sure to correct it.

You made some excellent progress over the last two months! Good to see both maniples looking so bright and shiny -and done! I'm looking forward to your terrain projects. Hopefully you'll do some conversion work as well. :smile.:

Awwww :wub:. Well I missed ya, but you are baaack (gosh, I could make a "just like my daddy" joke here :tongue.:). 

And glad you like my maniples so far! I still need to base the Gryphonicus stuff, but I'm currently waiting for my Secutarii from Vanguard for basing works. Already saw their prints and they are so :cussing cuuuuuuute - they will look great as phalanx defending my battle titans!

I've some small ideas for the scenery, including some kind of bio-dome and I'm still trying to find a spot for some fauna. I would love to do some palm trees, but not sure if they "work" with the style of the FW terrain tiles. 

I'm also using the crashed Knight on the tile as paint tester for my House Devine - will mix some Knights in between the painting and building of the tiles to avoid burn out. My idea was to use the same technique as on my House Vyronii scions, but with magenta/purple instead!

PRCAhad.jpg  

House Devine? Looking forward to seeing that tester.

One idea for palm trees could work is make the area seem desert-ish. Make the terrain a bit like an oasis in the desert where the shade of palm trees lining roads and walking paths would be very welcomed.

The idea for a biodome sounds awesome as well.

For now, I'll just use my FW and GW stuff - already ordered the big spires set. That said, I defo want to get some of Vanguard Miniatures kits to add further on them, especially the upcoming ruins sweat.gif.

I wasn't even thinking of the upcoming sprues by Troublemaker Games in the first place, but Gregster's Lab's upcoming stuff is also out very soon which will be pretty amazing as well!

I mean...

58443834_3067836949896917_54821286320778

For now, I'll just use my FW and GW stuff - already ordered the big spires set. That said, I defo want to get some of Vanguard Miniatures kits to add further on them, especially the upcoming ruins sweat.gif.

I wasn't even thinking of the upcoming sprues by Troublemaker Games in the first place, but Gregster's Lab's upcoming stuff is also out very soon which will be pretty amazing as well!

I mean...

Hidden Content
58443834_3067836949896917_54821286320778

I'll look into it - especially the obilisks look great and fitting for my planned board! That said, the current main goal is to create (modular) scenery that fits the forgeworld boards and is biiiiig enough to fully hide warlords and is futureproof for emperor class titans :tongue.:

How are you finding the building assembly Atia? It's making me pull my hair out, personally.

Not enough roof tiles! Argggghhh. Especially for modular design. Besides that ... yeah feel ya, basically like every GW scenery (which is good, but .... hard to master I guess). For me, plastic glue instead of super glue helped a lot - oh and having the FW tiles at hand so I can try to make it fit into it!

House Devine? Looking forward to seeing that tester.

One idea for palm trees could work is make the area seem desert-ish. Make the terrain a bit like an oasis in the desert where the shade of palm trees lining roads and walking paths would be very welcomed.

The idea for a biodome sounds awesome as well.

Yeah - of course I will go for the Slaaneshi Arch Traitors for my first traitor knight house :tongue.: - not sure how I'll build my lances yet, so any suggestions are welcome (no, I didn't started that tactica thread in order to get help for my household lists, nooooo :whistling: :ph34r.: ). I should note - my loyalists will be Vyronii, while my second smaller traitor house will be Malinax - although these will be primary "mechanicum styled" knights with devine beeing an .... I guess .... horusian styled house? 

And yeah, the dessert idea was my first actually. Than I was .... go for full Molech - but now I'm back onto desert style with palms (and who says Molech/Lupercalia couldn't be tropical!).

And yeah - the biodome would allow me to do some quite different fauna, for example maybe some awesome cherry blossom trees, and maybe if I can manage it on that scale a garden servitor conversion haha <3.

Edited by Atia

Seeing your hobby work and reading your plans has me wanting to dust off my grandmaster box! I've got no suggestions or experiences with AT tactica so I am going to be borrowing ideas I see here :)

And back to the fauna I'd say go with what you like. Planets are just one type of terrain, good old terra in her heyday had deserts, forests, jungles, and oceans before the Mad Max of Strife age. I will be very happy to see the quality terrain you pump out for this. I am still head over heels over what you did for Necromunda with the ZM tiles.

How big of a biodome will you be building? Big enough for knights and warhounds to fight in? That would add in some interesting rules where warp infused fauna could try to tangle up some knights. And to see some poor gardening servitor look at all his hard work get trampled by god machines would probably lead to conflicting emotions...if it still had any.