Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

LOVE the DG, i think that green is perfect, I have been experimenting with some and cant seem to get it what color did you use?

Also.... Motrarion.....:wub: :wub:  Any chance we could get a close up of his face?!?

Glad you like my little plague buggers - here's my step-by-step list again:

qxmfXwc.jpg

- Primer with Corax White (GW spray can)

Basecoats:

White:

- Coat of FW Typhon Ash

- Zenithal layer of FW Typhon Ash mixed with a bit of white

- Shading with thinned down Agrax Earthshade

Green:

- Coat of Loren Forest

- Highlight with a mix of Loren Forest and Death Guard Green

- Shade everything (white and green) with thinned down Seraphim Sepia. I use the FW airbrush clear for this (lots of lots of lots of FW clear mixed with sepia)

Highlights and Bronze:

- White is highlighted with Vallejo Aged White - I mix more and more white into it for further ones.

- Green is further highlighted with a mix of Death Guard Green and Screaming Skull.

Bronze parts is

- Basecoat of Castellax Bronze

- Agrax Earthshade

- Highlights with Sycorax Bronze

- Highlights with Stormhost Silver

- Verdigris (I'm using the technical verdigris paint from Vallejo)

Weathering:

- I sponge some Iron Hands Steel and Vallejo Dry Rust on green and white parts

- Streaking with Verdigris, Vallejo Vomit and Ammo of Mig Streaking Rust Effects

- Metallic parts get some rust weathering powder 

Regarding Morty, let's see if this works? I have a huge pc screen so pictures are always huge for me and seeing your models blown up a thousand times their real size always triggers me haha. :cry:

jot8cxe.jpg

Grandfather Nurgle is surely impressed with your efforts.

Your latest update is pure eye candy!

Thanks boys :blush.: *waddles back into my manufactorium to continue painting my Legio Solaria Demi-Maniple*

Talking about the Imperial Hunters - like all my titans, I plan to add some tiny support troops to their bases - currently working on an unit of Skitarii Auxilia Rangers from the Forgeworld of Tigrus - tell me what you think!

fzvMrAB.jpg

Keep in mind they are 6mm scale and quite hard to take pictures from ^.^

Domine Ex Venari

Reaver Battle Titan of Princeps Majoris Esha Ani Mohana

Legio Solaria

4YJHKOO.jpg

The Legio Solaria (also known as Imperial Hunters) was founded by the Knight World Noble Mohana Mankata VI in the early Great Crusade after she was denied the right to pilot a Knight suit on her homeworld of Procon despite winning a horseriding competition to decide future Knights. Her skills nonetheless impressed the Mechanicum, and she exiled herself to become the founder of a new Titan Legion with their aid. Paying tribute to the Procon Goddess of the Hunt - Pahkmetris, the Legio Solaria went on to include all-women, with vat-born genetically modified subjects serving as pilots and the few number of males acting as Tech-Priests, Secutarii and Servitors. The Legion became known for its embrace of emotions and humanity and hit-and-run tactics, putting it at odds with the rest of the cold and ruthless Mechanicum. Under Mohana, now known as Great Mother, they eventually developed the 3rd best engine kill/loss ratio during the Great Crusade.

3F0IQ5c.jpg

HAKdUwP.jpg

VGisYCN.jpg

ROfF74F.jpg

QYUAyj4.jpg

OaMKzdA.jpg

Note: Skitarii Auxilia Rangers. It is not unusual for bigger Forgeworlds to include additional support units within their titan legio's core of retainers - from bonded Battle-Automata, Sicarii Clades and Close Air Support to Skitarii Auxilia Legions. Traditionally, Skitarii Auxilia forces still bear the colours of their homeworld, but may incorperate heraldry of their titan legio into their own - in this case, they bear the proud crimson robes and white armour of Tigrus.

Edited by Atia

Looks good :smile.: are you just building up the base texture to hit the Skitarii bases? Just undercoated my Warhounds who have a few Novan Winter Regulars on them :tongue.:

Glad you like her - and yep, that's exactly what I did (using sand as base with the GW paint on top) ^.^

Venator Light Demi-Maniple

Legio Solaria 

Xj85kq1.jpg

The Legio Solaria is known to use hunting packs to bring foes to heel, allowing a Warhound-class Scout Titan squadron to contain additional Titans, and replacing Battle Titans with Warhounds in any maniples. Their combat doctrine also focused on speed and fury, such as their notable tactic known as the "Spear of Tigrus." Keeping on the move was second nature to this Legion's Princeps, who lived by the axiom, "A moving blade cannot be broken."

ETUC2U6.jpg

Note: Skitarii Auxilia support usually serves as offensive vanguard units, allowing the specialiced Corpus Secutarii to focus on defending Battle Titans or retreaving crew of fallen god-engines.

yrDXHqo.jpg

R0YdhCW.jpg

PWeBRuf.jpg

9fD5deI.jpg

CWot6Yd.jpg

RG8HMbd.jpg

pOhbnDC.jpg

mehjp3j.jpg

HXKqDpl.jpg

KoyPR1n.jpg

qug6YMh.jpg

Well done. Does the Legio Solaria remain loyal to the Emperor when the Horus Heresy hits? Or will they turn to Chaos?

Theeeenks! They are 100% loyal girls =)

Awesome job on the schemes!

Glad you like it =)

That last shot surrounding the warlord has pushed me to

Finally take the leap just ordered warehounds. So badass gorgeous perusal

Mission accomplished :whistling:

Great Job Atia!

Thaaaanks!

Fantastic work:thumbsup: ....... great attention to detail and balance. 

Thank ya :blush.:.

What's the building on the Warlords base? Got anything else planned like some House Procon Vi Knights?

It's some kind of Mechanicum Generator :sweat:

Regarding the future - I'm currently working on four House Vyronii Lancers, and I still need to finish the bases for the other Mortis and Gryphonicus Titans. After that I have the following maped out:

Legio Mortis

1 Reaver

1 Warhound

Legio Solaria:

1 Warlord

2-3 more Warhounds

With the upcoming Doom of Molech I also would love to do an army for House Devine :) - and I need to paint the Forgeworld Tiles once my gaming table arrives!

Regarding House Vi - I want to do a banner for them in the future once FW releases an artwork for them ...

These look brilliant, well done! I might just steal the martian ironearth crater idea, it works really well with the skitarii...

Glad you like it - and go for the craters! :happy.:

Little progress shot of my House Vyronii Lancers - nothing big, but a start =)

GejSLTZ.jpg

Edited by Atia

I come back to see magic and heresy in your thread girl!

So happy to see

Welcome back buddy :wub:

Your titans are looking stellar!

Paint jobs are phenomenal and the added bits to detail the base really shows it off. I also love those 6mm rangers!

Thank ya :blush.:

Awwwww cute lil knights  :wub: :wub:

Oh yeah, they are indeed - time for some progress - next onto transfers and weathering (hopefully that wont kill the nice green :unsure.:)

knCTjhe.jpg

Killer work! The foot soldiers on the bases really reinforce that these models are massive war machines.

Glad you like them :happy.: