Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

New bugman is awesome. So awesome he has sunglasses! Looking forward to hearing of the havoc he will cause!

Glad you like the little guy! He loves it to blow things up or burn them on the place, even though the outcome of his actions are sometimes .... well, a little bit unpredictable :wink:

svGHqU2.jpg

qwUcIpc.jpg

Very good! From the looks of it, his toes should hurt too :tongue.:

Haha awww. 

Cool guy. Still liking the skin.

Thanks! The whole gang is coming together slowly:

34JAuay.jpg

Fire and explosives in the hands (or is it 'handss' when you grow more than two? Just add an 's' for each extra limb to really emphasize it. We could make that a thing haha!) of hybrids sounds like a trifecta of trouble. I love it!

Seeing them on the board with the Escher also looks fantastic!

"Rise up my children and follow the flags. Once the liberation is over we will pray and await the coming of the angels of the four armed Emperor, who will bring us to the stars ..."

2hcik9N.jpg

jDswnr8.jpg

IpUZZ8R.jpg

tdYhOLh.jpg

LB40GGj.jpg

Fire and explosives in the hands (or is it 'handss' when you grow more than two? Just add an 's' for each extra limb to really emphasize it. We could make that a thing haha!) of hybrids sounds like a trifecta of trouble. I love it!

Seeing them on the board with the Escher also looks fantastic!

Haha. Glad you like my cute bug-boys :smile.:

Hey Atia, haven't dropped by in a while, but just wanted to say I love the mottling effect you've used on the hybrids, as well as your Escher scheme - the consistency between models on some parts of the scheme really makes the more outlandish & varied aspects pop

Thanks buddy! :blush.:

Edited by Atia

Thanks Guys :smile.:

Almost finished with the starter gang - 2 more guys with autoguns to go =)

2CH5iEa.jpg

Elnathan with his beloved shotgun: He usually gives you both candy and a place in his caring cult family if you fall in his claw ....

oXmIx8b.jpg

ndLEUXh.jpg

o5PZaTO.jpg

And Barzel - he heard grenade launchers are quite liked in the Underhive :tongue.:

Da72uCd.jpg

aY1l35G.jpg

xj3ZIkc.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Looking good, Atia! Just two more buggers to go and then what are your plans?

Glad you like them hushrong!

I actually have quite a lot of different things to do in the next months:

For Necromunda, once I finished the last two buggers I will have both starting gangs set up. Plan is to expand them as campaigns are going on, aswell as add bounty hunters in between and more Gangs once Forgeworld releases their upgrade kits! I'm also planning on doing more Zone Mortalis tiles down the line :)

My gf also showed interested in Age of Sigmar with the Daughters of Khaine and new Nighthaunts, and I have the new starter box waiting here for some adventures (which will prolly be featured on war of sigmar^^). Actually, the new Nighthaunt and Stormcast Eternals Battletomes arrived today, so we are going through them tonight to decide on paint schemes and cool units etc!

August will see the release of Adeptus Titanicus, and I'm totally doing some stuff for that too. Should be quite fun to paint with the airbrush!

Last but not least I'll prolly do some kill teams and more skirmish stuff once the Rogue Trader box is out later this year - although in my mind that stuff is sitting in the same boat as Necromunda =)

More Necromunda never hurt. I'll be very happy to see you expand on it.

Oh man, I am envious about that new AoS starter box. Those Nighthaunts look very cool and I want to get my hands on that leader of theirs for bits. So I'll be doing some ebay hunting soon :) That set has me tempted to get back into fantasy.

Looking forward to the upcoming months. Adeptus Titanicus looks awesome. I do hope it branches out to become Epic but that's just daydreaming at this moment in time. What little I have seen of the titans is pretty awesome so I am excited about seeing more of them. Maybe even buying a box if my friends get into it.

I'm interested in seeing more of Rogue Trader. I would also like to see what they do about Kill Team. I'm trying to see if my buds want to get back into Heralds of Ruin for quicker games during weeknights. I've been wanting to play skirmish for awhile and HoR was pretty good. Just interested in seeing what GW gives us to compete on that level.

Great looking zone mortalis boards! All that hard work has paid off (I think I remember you starting these on battlebunnies).

Your gangs are great. Really like the mottled genestealer cultists. The new genestealer cultist models are quite retro as it is and your really nodding to the original colour schemes there which is fantastic.

I still remember the genestealer hybrids with chaos weapons I got in the game ‘Tyrannid Attack’ all those years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Genestealer Cult Uprising

"New-Trysst Mine Freedomfighters", former workers of House Orlock

TcUNVaH.jpg

"In the sunless body of the Underhive, the flock of the faithful grows. We are guided by our Great Father's sacred vision, protected by his loving hands. Within these holy shadows we dwell, while the impure bathe in spire-top starlight. And what lies between those stars? What sails beyond those distant suns? Shrouded in night, borne within that eternal black: Our redeemers, our Gods -- the children of the Four-Armed-Emperor. We hear them in our dreams, we feel them in our blood. They call and we will answer. We will rise and claim the engines of labour that have bound us in servitude. This world will burn. It will be cleansed, purified, made ready, and the Heavens will deliver our reward!"

7cMksQi.jpg

Finally managed to finish my starting Gang for Necromunda - and these guys will work quite well for Kill Team too! Just need to paint one or two Purestrains for that :)

More Necromunda never hurt. I'll be very happy to see you expand on it.

Oh man, I am envious about that new AoS starter box. Those Nighthaunts look very cool and I want to get my hands on that leader of theirs for bits. So I'll be doing some ebay hunting soon :smile.: That set has me tempted to get back into fantasy.

Looking forward to the upcoming months. Adeptus Titanicus looks awesome. I do hope it branches out to become Epic but that's just daydreaming at this moment in time. What little I have seen of the titans is pretty awesome so I am excited about seeing more of them. Maybe even buying a box if my friends get into it.

I'm interested in seeing more of Rogue Trader. I would also like to see what they do about Kill Team. I'm trying to see if my buds want to get back into Heralds of Ruin for quicker games during weeknights. I've been wanting to play skirmish for awhile and HoR was pretty good. Just interested in seeing what GW gives us to compete on that level.

Kill Team should be playable in something like 30 minutes - up to an hour. It plays quite fast, although I fear it's missing quite some options for now (for example Electro Priests or Terminators ...).

The whole AoS 2.0 release is quite awesome and I can't wait to explore fantasy again. Just need to wait for some paints I ordered this Friday. Oh, and I forgot to name Blood Bowl - defo need to paint Dark Elfs and my Chaos Renegades soon!

All in all, it's a great time to be in the Hobby :)

Great looking zone mortalis boards! All that hard work has paid off (I think I remember you starting these on battlebunnies).

Your gangs are great. Really like the mottled genestealer cultists. The new genestealer cultist models are quite retro as it is and your really nodding to the original colour schemes there which is fantastic.

I still remember the genestealer hybrids with chaos weapons I got in the game ‘Tyrannid Attack’ all those years ago.

Thanks buddy! I'm all in for "retro style" :)

Really nice Genestealers. Especially like the mutant ones

It all looks great!

Thanks guys =)

Great looking band of scum. They should be able to die quickly. :smile.:

Well, for the good of Necromunda, everyone should hope that these cute bugs won't win any campaign :sweat: (you know, last time this happened, GW released Lord of the Rings .... :whistling:)

The Cult is looking great! Loving the accompanying fluff with the minis.

Yeah. I’m a good bit excited for Kill Team but I hear you about the options. I’m really hoping CSM will have some healthy choices. I’m not super bummed about terminators or bikes but I was hoping to have jump packs though. If worse comes to worse my group has Heralds of Ruin in our back pocket.

Blood bowl is another game I would like to get back into. However the last time I played in our semi finals I had the crowd rush the field at the start of the game and at half time, crippling my team. And I’m always anxious about losing someone. My poor buddies rats kept getting their necks snapped through the season.

Now only if they would make a new BFG and a mordheim game....

thats one amazing work there!

Thank you =)

The Cult is looking great! Loving the accompanying fluff with the minis.

Glad you like them buddy!

Yeah. I’m a good bit excited for Kill Team but I hear you about the options. I’m really hoping CSM will have some healthy choices. I’m not super bummed about terminators or bikes but I was hoping to have jump packs though. If worse comes to worse my group has Heralds of Ruin in our back pocket.

Yeah, while I'm glad Genestealer Cults got lots of options from the get go, I'm a bit grumpy about Mechanicus and Harlequins as they stand for now. Well, guess there's always a time for a good expansion down the line ...

Blood bowl is another game I would like to get back into. However the last time I played in our semi finals I had the crowd rush the field at the start of the game and at half time, crippling my team. And I’m always anxious about losing someone. My poor buddies rats kept getting their necks snapped through the season.

I hear you, and it's honestly not different with Necromunda. Here's where houserules come into play - it's just not fun for me if "my guys and girls" die ...

Now only if they would make a new BFG and a mordheim game.... 

Battlefleet: Heresy is on the to do list, and for fantasy - well, we just got a 2nd edition for AoS, aswell as an upcoming second season for Shadespire, right? ;)

Yeah, I think mechanicum got out ok. I understand harlequins only getting a player but it does suck they can't get a lite version of their other units for some flavor. Still pretty sure the players are just going to parkour and murder their way through the battlefield though. I also need to reserve skepticism until I have the game and a few battles under my belt.

In BB it was the allure of the danger that made it seem fun at first. I think every time one of my players got injured I had mini panic attacks haha.

Battlefleet: Heresy is the rumored upcoming one, right? I'll take it but I do hope it expands into a 40k setting.

Yeah, I think mechanicum got out ok. I understand harlequins only getting a player but it does suck they can't get a lite version of their other units for some flavor. Still pretty sure the players are just going to parkour and murder their way through the battlefield though. I also need to reserve skepticism until I have the game and a few battles under my belt.

In BB it was the allure of the danger that made it seem fun at first. I think every time one of my players got injured I had mini panic attacks haha.

Battlefleet: Heresy is the rumored upcoming one, right? I'll take it but I do hope it expands into a 40k setting.

Well, from a fluff PoV it makes little sense to not have atleast a Deathjester and a Shadowseer as options there. Solitairs would also fit as "special operative", to be honest.

For Battlefleet - it's the same thing as with Adeptus Titanicus. Heresy as "easy to kick start" setting, more to come later if it sells well.

That is a superb looking gang - you've finished them beautifully. I hope you have fun playing with them. 

Thanks! Already working on the first expansion :biggrin.:

bT6agvV.jpg

For the Harlequins, if they update the roster in the future there needs to a lite version of some of those added. Like some kind of aspirant/in-training stats for them. I haven't played against my buddies harlies this edition but I remember that solitaire being a murderer. The shadowseer was alright, and just because of big guns the deathjester would totally fit in KT.

And I do hope BFG sells well. I don't think I am going to get into Titanicus but I am dying to get some naval engagements happening.

The new bugs are also looking good! May they freak out many in the cramped corridors of the underhive!