Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

This is looking great!

I may have to copy your painting. You are going to go with their legions colors?

Thanks buddy - and yep, I'm going with Legion colours and markings were possible. Reason behind this is that it's a Siege of Terra army, so I imagine they just dropped out of the warp, freshly changed into Plague Marines. No time to radically change markings or painting!

Good to catch up on the thread!

Love those Dwarf Grav Distorters and excited to see the DG turn out. The models are so so nice.

Thanks Charlo! Squats (and Thousands Sons) will be continued after the DG :)

Coat of Typhon Ash is done ^.^

gallery_79873_10492_126767.jpg

Well it's about :censored: ing time! :thumbsup:

:tongue.:

Can you walk us through your Death Guard recipe?

I'm basically using Paul Rudge's scheme:

- White Primer

- Typhon Ash

- Slightly lighter Typhon Ash zenithal

- Coat of Sepia mixed with FW Clear - lots of lots of FW clear.

- Highlights with Typhon Ash / White

- Weathering!

Thanks for the size comparison. It's good to know the Death Guard are a little take than before, but are they as tall as the Primaris Marines?

I'll be watching your progress on the Death Guard as I plan on doing a similar color scheme once I get my own box.

Sorry, I split the box with Bob so the Primaris Marines aren't here, so I can't tell, but I think Primaris are taller than the DG! :(

Speaking about progress - PROGRESS! The drone is almost done :)

gallery_79873_10492_73269.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_156609.jpg

So awesome! Definitely a great scheme (I prefer that dirty white to the gross green) very good :smile.:

Thanks buddy :smile.:

Drone is finished now!

Foetid Bloat-Drone

Death Guard Legion

First encountered during the Siege of Terra, Bloat-Drones are sinister Daemon Engines of Nurgle, corrupted Stratos Automata oath-bounded to the Legion, driven by the rune bound essences of warp entities.

gallery_79873_10492_170664.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_215718.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_156037.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_65754.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_248753.jpg

Next on the painting table is the sorcerer:

gallery_79873_10492_74870.jpg

Who has some interesting fluff btw:

gallery_79873_10492_1338335.png

Edited by Atia

Wonderful painting and that piece of fluff was interesting indeed - I just think the names are stupidity in its purest form :biggrin.:

This. Exactly this. 

I hate to se the easiest of critiques, but damn, those names reveal some lazy writing! 

The drone itself though: very nice!

Lazy writing isn't the right criticism, I don't think. It's exactly the opposite. "Sorcerer" is fine, these names reveal entirely too much effort being put into something that was already done. 

Nah, that's kinda what I mean. Can anyone imagine a former proud member of the XIV Legio Astartes, a superhuman warrior with centuries, nay, millennia of experience of fighting with his brother calling one of them Slopmaw Maggotmancer? I mean, come on! This is the distopian sci-fi universe of 40k, not a mix of creepy nursery rhymes and Lady Lovely Locks. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Wonderful painting and that piece of fluff was interesting indeed - I just think the names are stupidity in its purest form :biggrin.:

Thanks buddy :D

This. Exactly this. 

I hate to se the easiest of critiques, but damn, those names reveal some lazy writing! 

The drone itself though: very nice!

Glad you like the drone Auggi =)

Lazy writing isn't the right criticism, I don't think. It's exactly the opposite. "Sorcerer" is fine, these names reveal entirely too much effort being put into something that was already done. 

Nah, that's kinda what I mean. Can anyone imagine a former proud member of the XIV Legio Astartes, a superhuman warrior with centuries, nay, millennia of experience of fighting with his brother calling one of them Slopmaw Maggotmancer? I mean, come on! This is the distopian sci-fi universe of 40k, not a mix of creepy nursery rhymes and Lady Lovely Locks. :facepalm::facepalm:

Haha that made my day :teehee:.

Yeah, the names are a bit ....... AoS-like? I mean, a Space Marine called Festering Poxshaman :unsure.:.

Anyways, it's cool to see some distinction for different kinds of sorcerers!

Nah, that's kinda what I mean. Can anyone imagine a former proud member of the XIV Legio Astartes, a superhuman warrior with centuries, nay, millennia of experience of fighting with his brother calling one of them Slopmaw Maggotmancer? I mean, come on! This is the distopian sci-fi universe of 40k, not a mix of creepy nursery rhymes and Lady Lovely Locks. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Is it wrong that I actually can?... And the vision in my head o what he would look like is utterly horrifying :sweat:

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

The Plaguecaster is now finished:

gallery_79873_10492_231610.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_130778.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_213767.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_9789.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_147641.jpg

Your stuff still looks great.

I hope you paint the sorcerer a lot better than that artwork. Also make up a good name for him that's more creative.

Thanks buddy - hope you like how mine turned out :)

Superb!

Groosssss I love it!

:blush.: thanks guys!

Really liking the blue lens and glow effect on the bloat drone.

Glad you like it :)

He is so much :censored: ing better

Hehe thanks :blush.:

Well the blue is different for something plague related. But at least baby face doesnt look like hes blowing a hand full of mashed potatos with gale force winds.

As others have said, the OG scheme looks great!

What chapter will you be painting the primaris?

Glad you like him. For the blue - well, I needed some contrast and yellow would have been lost next to the brownish off-white of his armour. Also, there are lots of blue-ish mould and mould spore out there in the real world!

For the Primaris - I split the box with Bob from my blog, and he's doing them as Blood Angels :)

I'm probably gonna get the new Dreadnought and Repulsor, but other than these, I'm not really that much interested in Primaris Marines tbh.

While I'm still working on the Death Guard - the newest forum announcement allows me to share one project I started months ago but never really flashed out besides building - 30k Orks. Bigger Orks. Nasty Orks! I'm probably doing a small Shadow War force for the start in the next months - using my "Bigger Boys" as boys and the original 40k boys as Yoofs!

gallery_79873_10492_67663.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_50907.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_8661.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_36006.jpg

Again, this is just a teaser, but I'm quite excited to finally do some Xenos here. I also need to paint up a small force of Harlequins after my Death Guard for my partner :wub: .

Plaguecaster looks great. That model is my least favorite out of the new DG lot but your work with a brush helped it out immensely.

This is also the first time seeing Xenos on a project log here since the update. Going to have to get used to this but it is nice to see xenos because I actively avoid other 40k forums.

You get to show off your Orks here??? Eeeeexcellent. :smile.:

Not only the Orks, but all the other cool Xenos stuff I have here :)

Plaguecaster looks great. That model is my least favorite out of the new DG lot but your work with a brush helped it out immensely.

This is also the first time seeing Xenos on a project log here since the update. Going to have to get used to this but it is nice to see xenos because I actively avoid other 40k forums.

Glad you like him! I agree, the 'Eavy Metal paint job didn't helped that one, but he has grown on me.

Regarding the Xenos - I'm just glad that restriction is gone. I'm mostly a painter and I have some Necrons, Aeldari, T'au and Orks here but never started them because I couldn't post them here.