Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Very good! I definitely prefer this scheme to the standard one.

Thanks buddy :)

Needs more [...] puss

But that's Slaanesh's domain.

Ha ha ha oops. :biggrin.:

Good work Atia. :thumbsup:

Hehe :ph34r.:

I love how those colors are working together on your Death Guard! The plaguebringer is also sweet. I really like the use of the decals on his apron.

Glad you like him! Probably gonna need to convert a second one because his rules are awesome!

ohhh....a conversion, eh? I would like to see that!

I did get two sets of the DG myself and I know one will be painted in a Black Legion scheme but I know I will want to try and change up the minis so I do not have complete duplicates. So I am interested in seeing what you do...so I can copy it...for good reasons of course. :)

ohhh....a conversion, eh? I would like to see that!

I did get two sets of the DG myself and I know one will be painted in a Black Legion scheme but I know I will want to try and change up the minis so I do not have complete duplicates. So I am interested in seeing what you do...so I can copy it...for good reasons of course. :smile.:

More a DIY version using the new multipart kit and some bell from the blightkings ;)

Oh? What multipart kit would that be??? ;)

I look forward to seeing it! The Blightkings look like a treasure-trove of bits for a new Death Guard army.

As usual, your stuff is looking great. You've completely convinced me to paint up an "at the Siege" Death Guard army.

Oh? What multipart kit would that be??? :wink:

I look forward to seeing it! The Blightkings look like a treasure-trove of bits for a new Death Guard army.

As usual, your stuff is looking great. You've completely convinced me to paint up an "at the Siege" Death Guard army.

:whistling:

Glad you like my DG buddy :) - little teaser for the next guy:

gallery_79873_10492_206828.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

I'm back from vacations (for now), and back on the painting train. The Lord of Contagion (imo a model that's far too busy for my taste, but oh well) is finished, and work on the Plague Marines has started!

Lord of Contagion

Former Veteran Sergeant of the Deathshroud

gallery_79873_10492_158853.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_162696.jpg

Note: Usually, most members of the Deathshroud used to wear Tartarus pattern Terminator armour when serving alongside their Primarch, Mortarion. Some Deathshroud units were used as bodyguards for Legion Praetors though, and these units also made use of Cataphractii, Indomitus or Saturnine pattern - as seen here, with a corrupted version of modified Cataphractii plate.

Also a WIP for my first plague marine ^.^

gallery_79873_10492_71247.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_59670.jpg

Edited by Atia

Love what you've done with this latest chap's over-the-shoulder cape. I'd go for a green loincloth of him, however, as that would seem like a great way to add a bit of contrast to the very samey looking leg area, while perfectly staying within your chosen colour scheme.

Anyway, excellent work! :)

Looking great Atia keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Thank you :smile.:

That new plague marine is looking fantastic! I like the subdued colors of the tentacle mutations.

Glad you like the tentacles!

Like the little cape in XIVth Legion Colours with the stripe!

Thanks buddy - originally I wanted to use a red "Eye of Horus" but the transfer was too big, so I decided to do the classic DG colours but with a black "warmaster's service veteran honour". I still want to use the red one on white some day, just not sure on which model (maybe a bigger banner, or a tank/dreadnought!).

That's awesome :ohmy.:

Totally stealing some of these ideas

Feel free to do :smile.:

I love the colour scheme of your Death Guard, Atia. And I demand a recipe!

Pretty please, with pus on top?

Mhmhm ok. Excuse me if the following reads a bit confusing, but that's how my mind works ^.^

Siege of Terra era Death Guard Scheme

gallery_79873_10492_248261.jpg

- Primer with Corax White (GW spray can)

Basecoats:

White:

- Coat of FW Typhon Ash

- Zenithal layer of FW Typhon Ash mixed with a bit of white

- Shading with thinned down Agrax Earthshade

Green:

- Coat of Loren Forest

- Highlight with a mix of Loren Forest and Death Guard Green

- Shade everything (white and green) with thinned down Seraphim Sepia. I use the FW airbrush clear for this (lots of lots of lots of FW clear mixed with sepia)

Highlights and Bronze:

- White is highlighted with Vallejo Aged White - I mix more and more white into it for further ones.

- Green is further highlighted with a mix of Death Guard Green and Screaming Skull.

Bronze parts is

- Basecoat of Castellax Bronze

- Agrax Earthshade

- Highlights with Sycorax Bronze

- Highlights with Stormhost Silver

- Verdigris (I'm using the technical verdigris paint from Vallejo)

Weathering:

- I sponge some Iron Hands Steel and Vallejo Dry Rust on green and white parts

- Streaking with Verdigris, Vallejo Vomit and Ammo of Mig Streaking Rust Effects

- Metallic parts get some rust weathering powder

Hope that helps ^.^

That color is fantastic on your plague marines.

Thanks buddy =)

Absolutely amazing work in your Death Guard Atia I would definitely like to second Augustus' request for a recipe these guys look fantastic

Thanks Pyroclast - hope the recipe above helps you!

Love what you've done with this latest chap's over-the-shoulder cape. I'd go for a green loincloth of him, however, as that would seem like a great way to add a bit of contrast to the very samey looking leg area, while perfectly staying within your chosen colour scheme.

Anyway, excellent work! :smile.:

Glad you like him - hopefully the contrast is also there now with the glowing plasma gun :wink: - also, one of his knees is actually green :D

Edited by Atia