Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Aw, that nurgling is cute XD

Yawww :wub: !

I like the way you painted the rocks.

Thanks buddy :)

Everything is better with Nurglings.

"But what if there's Nurglings already?"

MORE NURGLINGS!

Oh yeah - you can't have enough cute nurglings spread over your army!

Some more progress :teehee:

gallery_79873_10492_166191.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_91694.jpg

Thanks guys :smile.:

The dread is basically finished - not sure if I'll add the banner, will decide on that later. Anyways - hope you like him!

Treacus

Former Destroyer Sergeant, Ferrus Infernum Dreadnought of the Death Guard

gallery_79873_10492_170367.jpg

The Death Guard relied throughout the Great Crusade almost exclusively on its infantry to provide its strategic strength, with the bulk of tactical support firepower coming from heavily armed support squads, and later from the Legion's considerable numbers of Terminators and Dreadnoughts, which provided reinforcement and assault spearheads where needed. This focus on heavy infantry formations was also one of the reasons the Death Guard Legion developed a particularly admirable record in fighting to clear Space Hulks of alien infestation and for their ability to destroy fortifications and citadels from within.

For these so-called Zone Mortalis actions, the Castraferrum Dreadnought was introduced in great numbers to support the Legion. Starship boarding actions, tunnel fights and combat deep inside densely built hive cities - there, its lower profile allows the Castraferrum to negotiate low-ceilinged passageways that the taller Contemptor Pattern would be unable to pass along.

When the XIVth Legion fleet arrived on Terra - warped and corrupted, so did their Dreadnoughts - now a dark version of their former glory.

gallery_79873_10492_291215.jpg

Note: Corrupted Mark IV "Castraferrum" pattern chassis - also refered as Ferrus Infernum Helbrute.

gallery_79873_10492_224301.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_219156.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_343549.jpg

Edited by Atia

The dread looks excellent! He definitely looks like he is with good company in that group pic.

Thanks buddy!

While I'm waiting for Mortarion and co to arrive (pff, always these warp storms and late Death Guard fleets ....) ... well, I started to work on another big project:

gallery_79873_10492_46322.jpg

Internet cookie if someone can tell for what this will be ;)

Looks like Zone Mortalis. :smile.:

True *shares an Orio cookie*!

But for what specifically :wink:?

Probably for army on parade or depicting your army during the Death Guard conversion to Nurgle. 

Great ideas but nope. That said, I'll defo using the board for 30k/40k games too :wink:

Hmm I wonder how many gangs will be there

:tongue.:

The Terminus Est?

Deathguard are looking awesome... and grotty :smile.:

Mhmhm, nope. Although I guess you could also use it to represent a ship, since it's modular anyways!

Also - glad you like them! I promise you I have the one or other non chaotic model to paint in the next months too ;)

Edited by Atia

The dread looks excellent! He definitely looks like he is with good company in that group pic.

Thanks buddy!

While I'm waiting for Mortarion and co to arrive (pff, always these warp storms and late Death Guard fleets ....) ... well, I started to work on another big project:

gallery_79873_10492_46322.jpg

Internet cookie if someone can tell for what this will be :wink:

Kool Aid Man Entrance!

Thanks buddy!

Internet cookie if someone can tell for what this will be :wink:

Kool Aid Man Entrance!

Haha, you get a cookie for this alone!

Darn my other thought was the White Scar ship which was scuttled in Path of Heaven or Mortarions flagship, the Endurance.

Lookig forward to the non-chaotic stuff, but these are pretty cool also.

Really awesome ideas. Originally I planned to do an Iron Blood themed board, but well ... I need scenery for the Underhive this November!

gallery_79873_10492_64885.jpg

(and as the board is modular I defo want to keep the option for a hangar section later!)

The current plan is to re-create the Studio Board in 3D - after that I will prolly add some more custom tiles aswell :happy.:

gallery_79873_10492_58778.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_32421.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_48643.jpg