Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Thanks everyone :smile.:

Yeah, the transfers are the black and white ones that come with the 8mm Questoris kit. Guess you could easily use them with Space Marines too - great for Imperial Fists or Templars!

No real progress for now, experimented a bit with basing techniques - what do you think about this for Adeptus Titanicus?

3FAtApF.jpg

My add a light drybrush too. Not sure yet. Also still trying to figure out what colours to use for Legio Mortis ...

Edited by Atia

Knight Banner 'Tiabeanie'

Legio Gryphonicus Support Element

Questor Titanicus House Coldshroud

Muster at Beta-Garmon 

udmxZcg.jpg

Coldshroud is one of three major allied War Houses for the Legio Gryphonicus. Beeing a Vassal House of the Legion itself aswell, the scions of the Gryphone Octad make use of both the War Griffon and icons of the Mechanicum. It should be noted that the sacred red was mostly used by Mars itself and those who stand close to it - a practice that would change after the Adeptus Mechanicus was created, when red was both seen as a gift and chain to newly founded Questor Mechanicus Houses. In case of House Coldshroud, it served as "bonded" or Questor Titanicus House - and so its colours are derived from the Legio Gryphonicus itself. Although House Coldshroud would suffer heavy looses during the Heresy, both on Paramar and Beta-Garmon, it would survive - and its proud yellow Scions still stand alongside the War Griffons and Gryphone IV to this day.

Note: Questoris Knight Gallant Occasus, steed of Baroness Tiabeanie; aswell as Questoris Knight Errant Susurrator and Questoris Knight Paladin Somniator with their Scions Martial Luci and Elfo.

rMOpzOF.jpg

xQCLkAY.jpg

Edited by Atia

Very nice, the detailing work is especially good.

Thank you Doghouse :blush.:

Awesome work and YESSSS! That is an awesome bit of decal work on armor to start off Legio Mortis!

Glad you like it! Hope I won't dissapoint a fellow Mortis Princeps :smile.:

HOw did you get that hard/gritty look on the gold?  Mine always comes out too jewlery -like

It's Vallejo Old Gold shaded with Seraphim Sepia - highlighted with Old Gold, Vallejo Gold and GW Stormhost Silver. Weathered using enamel rust streaking effects from Ammo of Mig.

It's so weird to see such tiny knights lol

So weird, so tiny, so cute! :wub:

Edit: Also - back to the roots, baby!

Edited by Atia

Looking forward to seeing you work on reavers when you get back. I want to get some myself by most of my box set is still in the box :sweat: So I have catching up to do!

Hope you had fun at the festival!

Thank you :)

Festival was fun - used witchcraft to paint the flames of the campfire!

OheSAPc.jpg

Back to work - currently trying to figure out the red for Legio Mortis - help appreciated!!!

tSgqRPT.jpg

At this current stage with the painting I like the top one and the second from the bottom one best. Looking at the picture of the warhound I like how it is a deep, dark red where its in the shadow but much more brighter and vibrant in the light. Checking out the samples again I really like the second from the bottom as that captures it closest.

Might have to grab one of these kits for kitbashing with my tau. awesome looking.

and thanks for the size comparison shot on the imperial knights.

I grabbed a box and gonna convert my primaris aggresssors with, centurion legs, aggressor torsos and arms/backpack, with the imperial knight upper hull