Daemonic Pact: A Chaos Event

Uprising

gallery_29004_9303_341995.jpg

Hello Childern of Chaos

I have the pleasure and honor to bring everyone a new event know as the Daemonic Pact. The event is simply a painting and fluff challenge for everything chaotic that plan to occur every bi month.

What the vow entails:

• Signifying your participation (via a post stating as much in this very thread) in this grand endeavour by June 1st 14:00 GMT (18:00 ETZ, 19:00 CTZ, 20:00 MTZ, 21:00 PTZ).
  • Posting an image of the unpainted or base coated unit in this thread

And finally, by July 1 14:00 GMT (18:00 ETZ, 19:00 CTZ, 20:00 MTZ, 21:00 PTZ):

• Posting at least one image of the finished (painted and based) unit
  • Writing up a short bio of that unit, no shorter than 150 words.
  • Writing up a short background of your army, no shorter than 400 words

What is allowed:

• All units from (Codex chaos space marine, codex chaos daemon, chaos supplements black legion/crimson slaughter, The siege of vrak books from forge world, knights(model must be chaos themed), and The Tyrant’s Legion from Imperial Armour Volume 9.
  • Conversions. and count as allowed, PM for details and questions
  • The unit enter will be allow if they are within the month FOC theme. Ex This month could be a troop choice, next time a heavy support, etc..

What you earn:
You get a vow sig to start, choose only one

gallery_29004_9303_13404.pnggallery_29004_9303_17441.pnggallery_29004_9303_20710.pnggallery_29004_9303_20747.pnggallery_29004_9303_3337.png

If you fail you can wear this one in the sig, The dread Spawn

gallery_29004_9303_58706.png

If pass your vow you get this sig, Eye of the gods

gallery_29004_9303_36735.png

Finally a poll with all the successful vow will be posted and the winner of best unit and fluff gets Daemonhood

gallery_29004_9303_25034.png

AND THE WINNER CHOOSEs THE NEXT FOC FOR NEXT EVENT(ex they could choose HQ, troops, Elites, Fast Attack, Heavy Support, Fortication, Terrain, lord of war, etc)

This Event unit to paint is "anything you vowed for ETL 3 that is unpainted" if you are not currently vow for ETL 3, you can do any unit stated from the above codexes, supplements, etc along as they are chaos units.

Finally...

HAVE FUN, and thank Forte for his hard work on the banners!!!!

Ha! my allegiance in the ETL3 Crusade lies with the Black Templars!

"MOVE OVER LOYALIST SCUM!"

"The Iron Warriors will be represented! The Iron Kings pledge a full battle squad to this effort!"

Just to be safe: I'll apply with my Iron Warriors. I've got a CSM unit lying around, in basic black....All sad and stuff. -->cry.gif

-I'll paint a Space Marine Squad, with a Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter and a Power weapon for the sergeant.

I owe you one (1) before-picture. ph34r.png

EDIT: Here it is! (NOTE: As stated above, they have been base coated earlier. I'll take a new pic tomorrow if it is requested of me.)

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Iron%20Warriors/S1032359.jpg

(I'll pass on the banner though. biggrin.png)

Praise unto the dark gods!

I, SupremeGrandMaster_Daniel, pledge to grandfather Nurgle the pestilent: two squads of plaguebearers and 1 herald of nurgle to be painted on or before August 1, 2014. I also pledge to demonstrate the necessary rituals to summon the warriors of the father of disease for my fellow daemonancers. 

In exchange, may the gods grant me eternal glory! :devil: :devil: :devil:

-Daniel

Is there a rule for or against doubling up? Ex: vowing one unit for both ETL and this event?

No, this is just for fun, and THE PTS DO NOT DOUBLE. This is a stand alone event, not part of ETL 3, but instead is something of a motivator to get people painting, and something for the off months.

Praise unto the dark gods!

I, SupremeGrandMaster_Daniel, pledge to grandfather Nurgle the pestilent: two squads of plaguebearers and 1 herald of nurgle to be painted on or before August 1, 2014. I also pledge to demonstrate the necessary rituals to summon the warriors of the father of disease for my fellow daemonancers.

In exchange, may the gods grant me eternal glory! devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

-Daniel

First One unit for this event, secondly this is not the ETL 3 sign up page. If you wish to vow for EL 3(which you should and we welcome it) The thread for ETL 3 is here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290387-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-realm-of-chaos-strategium/ Welcome to nurgle and we hope you enjoy your stay!!!

Finally welcome Blackheart and loyalist Andhil.

Is there a rule for or against doubling up? Ex: vowing one unit for both ETL and this event?

No, this is just for fun, and THE PTS DO NOT DOUBLE.  This is a stand alone event, not part of ETL 3, but instead is something of a motivator to get people painting, and something for the off months.  

OOOOH! More warp cookies for the Eye dwellers. Count my unit of Possessed in this little event. Here's their picture of them unpainted:

First up, thanks for organising this guys! I love a good painting event, so I hope this goes from strength to strength! thanks.gif

Right, for my first unit, I pledge to paint my unit of 10 Noise Marines aka The Vortex Sinfonietta. I'll post up a pic when I get back from work.

Lets not include Lord of War or Terrain as that could exclude some people. Most anything else can be converted from a small model. Focus on the individuality and fluff rather than size. You should also re-emphasize that its ONE unit.

Edit - That said, I submit the HUGEST Land Raider in existance - my Death Guard Land Raider Spartan, for this event. Ok, I'm a hypocrite - what did you expect from a Renegade and Heretic? whistling.gif

I'm a bit medicated...does my (or could my) current ETL Vow count? Or do I need to wait for my next one?

Wait for your next one so you can keep going on your current vow (so long as it was made to Chaos ;) )

Yes of course, that should go without saying, as all sane and fine gentlemen consort with Chaos. ;)

We do. Just ignore the twitch please.

Yes of course, that should go without saying, as all sane and fine gentlemen consort with Chaos. msn-wink.gif

We do. Just ignore the twitch please.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/so...+much...+white+space+_a5fa23f676700ee127518fd8b9bb95b8.gif

More for the pact please.

Archived