7th Edition Blood Angels

Jakbal

I played my first 7th edition match on Sunday, and I'm pretty happy how it played out.  We just agreed to play the 1st of the new Maelstrom of War missions and I have to say that the high mobility of the BA came into play for gaining tactical objectives.  All in all, I lost the match ... but I really enjoyed playing the game and I really, really enjoyed the new Psyker phase.  I ran a Furioso Librarian, Librarian, and Biomancy Mephiston and it was just a really fun time.  This will result in me playing a lot more psykers in the future, I think.

Edit: phrasing

Nice to have an FAQ but that does mean we loose all our psychic powers (blood angel specific ones) but our upgrade to lvl 2 has gone down to 25 points :)

Hey jakbal just curious what table of powers did you roll on? I been thinking of doing the same to be honest but couldn't decide what to go for.

I have also played 2 (small) games of 7th and used a 10 man assault squad to jump around onto an objective first turn before jumping onto my enemy second turn(if things pan out well or at least it's my first move type of thing) there mobility for getting the control objective x has helped me a lot but I'd guess since everything is scoring all our fast units can do it now

Nice to have an FAQ but that does mean we loose all our psychic powers (blood angel specific ones) but our upgrade to lvl 2 has gone down to 25 points smile.png

Hey jakbal just curious what table of powers did you roll on? I been thinking of doing the same to be honest but couldn't decide what to go for.

I have also played 2 (small) games of 7th and used a 10 man assault squad to jump around onto an objective first turn before jumping onto my enemy second turn(if things pan out well or at least it's my first move type of thing) there mobility for getting the control objective x has helped me a lot but I'd guess since everything is scoring all our fast units can do it now

For Furioso Librarian I took Codex powers, being Wings of Sanguinius and Might of Heroes. Wings kind of stunk because I could not use it in the 1st turn. This model was only useful in that it drew a lot of fire on turn #1 allowing a lot of my other units to live at full strength past the initial volley of bullets.

For regular Librarian I took Divination, which gave me Foreboding and also the Prescience. This was nice b/c this Librarian is used in support of my devastator squad. This actually worked out great because I use Plasma Cannons, and Prescience helps prevent Gets Hot.

Mephiston rolled against Biomancy and I got Life Leech, Warp Speed, Enfeeble, and Smite. At first I was upset that he did not roll Iron Arm, but really having Life Leech + Smite as 1 warp charge shooting powers was awesome. He did a lot of killing by use of those powers, I was pretty surprised.

Having the rolled power + the primaris power is fantastic.

My understanding, which may be incorrect, as that if you have warp charges left to spend that you can spend them in any way you please.  So I did use more than 1 psychic shooting attack in a few turns.  Def could be wrong.

Thanks for letting me know mate tho I just read we lost our blood angel codex powers :( .... Well for 3months+

Let me know if you use the Libby dread in a future game what you go for I'm gonna try see what I can find that works.

I loved playing the Libby Dread, but I think next time I may deploy him by drop pod.  Maybe into an area with enough cover so that he lives into round #2.  The addition of allowing multiple psychic shots from our librarians makes me want to choose a psychic discipline with a shooting primaris power ... so I'm thinking biomancy may be a good choice ... but as I'm using that on Mephiston as well I may look for something else.

I was really impressed with biomancy, though.

I've ran 3 pods w/ 2 Fragiosos and DC w/ Corbulo and Reclusiarch, and 2 assault squads, and a Raven w/ DC dread in my last 3 games went 2-1.  Absolutely crushed my opponents those 2 wins.  My loss was due to poor cards for Maelstrom mission #4 I think.

Corbulo with Reclusiarch, and 8 bolter DC with 2 fists...  Corbs tanked 2 rounds of grav centurions, killed 2 vanguard units, 1 with chapter master w/ 2+3++, and then murdered the grav centurions.  First time I've ever used Corbs, he's never leaving my list ever again.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way the game is playing out, time will tell though.  It's still early.

I've ran 3 pods w/ 2 Fragiosos and DC w/ Corbulo and Reclusiarch, and 2 assault squads, and a Raven w/ DC dread in my last 3 games went 2-1.  Absolutely crushed my opponents those 2 wins.  My loss was due to poor cards for Maelstrom mission #4 I think.

Corbulo with Reclusiarch, and 8 bolter DC with 2 fists...  Corbs tanked 2 rounds of grav centurions, killed 2 vanguard units, 1 with chapter master w/ 2+3++, and then murdered the grav centurions.  First time I've ever used Corbs, he's never leaving my list ever again.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way the game is playing out, time will tell though.  It's still early.

Hey Sanguine,

seems like a standard list, could you let us know what you faced and how it played out?

It was my 2nd game with Corbs, and he did extremely well against those grav centurions.  His list was something like 2 units of vanguard, storm shields, power axes etc, 1 tactical squad, scouts in a speeder, 2 squads of assault marines I think, a rhino and razorback,  anti flier tank, 3 centurions with grav loadout, and chapter master with burning blade and shield eternal.  He used Iron Hands CT

I dunno, I haven't really been looking at lists online lately, so I didn't know that was the standard.  I just put it together the other day.  The mobility is key I think in this edition with grabbing up objectives.

The other list was against Ultramarines CT and was a blood bath as well.  Corbs soaked up a ton of rounds of ap3 vengeance rounds from his 2 sternguard units.  He had a lvl 2 libby, 2 squads of tactical marines, scouts in a speeder, 2 units of sternguard, 1 unit of vanguard in a LR, Rhino and RB.  Can't remember all of it.

I combat squad my meltas, and dual wielding infernus pistol sgt into separate squads.  Managed to explode a few tanks with the new damage chart.  I even immobilized his vindicator in our rematch (which I lost) turn 1 with a lucky frag cannon on side armour.  That saved my DC for most of the game.

2 rounds of grav weaponry tanked, find that hard to believe, with no armour saves he has to rely on a 2+ FnP to tank an average of 20 wounds. Hmmm....

I've seen it happen. Not completely outside the realm of possibilities by any means.

2 rounds of grav weaponry tanked, find that hard to believe, with no armour saves he has to rely on a 2+ FnP to tank an average of 20 wounds. Hmmm....

I've seen it happen. Not completely outside the realm of possibilities by any means.

Yeah, 2+ FNP is ridiculously impressive.  Corbulo has his reroll to fall back on as well.

It was my 2nd game with Corbs, and he did extremely well against those grav centurions.  His list was something like 2 units of vanguard, storm shields, power axes etc, 1 tactical squad, scouts in a speeder, 2 squads of assault marines I think, a rhino and razorback,  anti flier tank, 3 centurions with grav loadout, and chapter master with burning blade and shield eternal.  He used Iron Hands CT

I dunno, I haven't really been looking at lists online lately, so I didn't know that was the standard.  I just put it together the other day.  The mobility is key I think in this edition with grabbing up objectives.

The other list was against Ultramarines CT and was a blood bath as well.  Corbs soaked up a ton of rounds of ap3 vengeance rounds from his 2 sternguard units.  He had a lvl 2 libby, 2 squads of tactical marines, scouts in a speeder, 2 units of sternguard, 1 unit of vanguard in a LR, Rhino and RB.  Can't remember all of it.

I combat squad my meltas, and dual wielding infernus pistol sgt into separate squads.  Managed to explode a few tanks with the new damage chart.  I even immobilized his vindicator in our rematch (which I lost) turn 1 with a lucky frag cannon on side armour.  That saved my DC for most of the game.

Thanks mate!

I am REALLY looking forward to bringing out a Libby this edition. A model with a force weapon gains a psychic ability called force, if successfully cast the librarian and his unit have their close combat attacks cause instant death. I read that and just about lost it, sang guard plus Libby, or better yet, DC, chaplain, Libby. Ohh the pain that will be brought.

I am REALLY looking forward to bringing out a Libby this edition. A model with a force weapon gains a psychic ability called force, if successfully cast the librarian and his unit have their close combat attacks cause instant death. I read that and just about lost it, sang guard plus Libby, or better yet, DC, chaplain, Libby. Ohh the pain that will be brought.

Only the Libby's Force weapon gains the Instant Death rule.

Not according to the new rules. The Libby and his unit do now. I am pretty sure they did not intend it that way, but it is the way they wrote it.

The libby and his unit yes- but only weapons with the Force rule benefit from the effects of the power.  So, while they have the power activated, they need the "Force" rule in their weapons to be able to do anything about it.

The rule specifies ID for weapons that have the Force rule. That said, two libby's in the same unit would only require one force activation.

Also, since it's a normal blessing power now, you have to choose to use your force weapons on your turn before charging (or being charged) and can't turn them on during your opponents turn.

Not according to the new rules. The Libby and his unit do now. I am pretty sure they did not intend it that way, but it is the way they wrote it.

The libby and his unit yes- but only weapons with the Force rule benefit from the effects of the power.  So, while they have the power activated, they need the "Force" rule in their weapons to be able to do anything about it.

Whoa Mort,

Does this mean that units of Grey Knights with Nemesis Force weapons all around and a joined IC to cast Force - grants the ENTIRE unit of Grey Knights Instant Death? That's frightening if true.

Archived